Advertisement

Author Topic: Moonangel's Book Review 2016  (Read 23394 times)

zena

Re: Moonangel's Book Review 2016
« Reply #60 on: November 22, 2016, 07:01:09 PM »
Finished, "The Girl on the Train," by Paula Hawkins.  This was another psychotic mystery thriller.  It wasn't a bad read.  I didn't enjoy it as much as Gone Girl (by different author).  Everyone in this story was crazy.

BTW.  I reached my goal of reading 40 books for this year!!!!  I'm going to celebrate by writing 3K words in my novel.  :-[

Like this post: +1

Adverstisement

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
  • Respect: +1038
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 30, 2017, 07:22:08 PM »
Finished, The Glass Castle, by Jeanette Walls.  My daughter recommended it to me (she hasn't read it yet).  It's a memoir about a girl and her life around her parents.  It was very good.  Wonderful prose full of humor and sadness and all kinds of emotions.  I laughed until I cried and then there were moments when I cried until my eyes turned red and my nose clogged up.

Sometimes you go through life thinking you are the only one and then you read someone's life, written out beautifully, portraying pain you can relate to, even though you've never experienced their life.  But because you've had your own hardship, you know how it hurts. Sometimes you wonder: how on earth did they live through that?

I hope to do a thorough review on the book when I have more time.

MA, your review had piqued my interest and I just started reading this.  So far, so good.   O0

Like this post: 0
Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

captian

« Reply #62 on: November 22, 2017, 02:30:58 PM »
MA, your review had piqued my interest and I just started reading this.  So far, so good.   O0
did you want me to read it also so we can talk about it?

Offline Rebel

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 22, 2017, 07:45:17 PM »
Finished, The Glass Castle, by Jeanette Walls.  My daughter recommended it to me (she hasn't read it yet).  It's a memoir about a girl and her life around her parents.  It was very good.  Wonderful prose full of humor and sadness and all kinds of emotions.  I laughed until I cried and then there were moments when I cried until my eyes turned red and my nose clogged up.

Sometimes you go through life thinking you are the only one and then you read someone's life, written out beautifully, portraying pain you can relate to, even though you've never experienced their life.  But because you've had your own hardship, you know how it hurts. Sometimes you wonder: how on earth did they live through that?

I hope to do a thorough review on the book when I have more time.

This was one of the best book I read all summer.  Have you seen the movie? I've seen the movie a few days ago but it doesn't quite compare to the book. :)

Advertisements