Advertisement

Author Topic: Integra coming back in 2017  (Read 4558 times)

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile

Like this post: 0
I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Adverstisement

Hitokiri

Re: Integra coming back in 2017
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 11:49:11 PM »
This article is from 2014.

To be truthful I'm sure Honda well bring back the Integra in some sort of form but I'm sure people from you generation Poster well probably won't like it.

Honda is turbocharging everything from their NSX, to their next generation S2000, and rumors are The United States well get a 230-250 HP Honda Civic Si. I can imagine the Hmong guys buying these things quicker then newly made papaya salad at a Hmong tournament.

MilesDaddy

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 07:30:07 AM »
I recently saw a 1.5 civic turbo. 26K. Don't know what trim level it was. I think they are using turbo instead of displacement so they can get better fuel mileage. I don't think they care about performance. Just fuel performance

Sleipnir

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2016, 10:55:47 AM »
Wait...

didn't the RSX replace the Integra?

Sleipnir

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2016, 10:57:10 AM »
This article is from 2014.

To be truthful I'm sure Honda well bring back the Integra in some sort of form but I'm sure people from you generation Poster well probably won't like it.

Honda is turbocharging everything from their NSX, to their next generation S2000, and rumors are The United States well get a 230-250 HP Honda Civic Si. I can imagine the Hmong guys buying these things quicker then newly made papaya salad at a Hmong tournament.

is that a naturally aspirated I-4 making 250?

Hitokiri

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2016, 10:46:45 AM »
I recently saw a 1.5 civic turbo. 26K. Don't know what trim level it was. I think they are using turbo instead of displacement so they can get better fuel mileage. I don't think they care about performance. Just fuel performance

LOL...that's what they always say until some tuner gets their hands on it.  :P

is that a naturally aspirated I-4 making 250?

No. The days of Honda making high revving, high horsepower, and naturally aspirated engines are long over. Turbos are here to stay. I believe the motor well be a 2.0 liter.

Sleipnir

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2016, 04:26:53 PM »
No. The days of Honda making high revving, high horsepower, and naturally aspirated engines are long over. Turbos are here to stay. I believe the motor well be a 2.0 liter.

Nice...  I was doing a search online for specs for the motor and didn't see much...

Hope it's as good, if not better, than the Mitsubishi 4G63 2.0L little engine that could (in terms of plug and play tunable and how beefy the internals are so you can turn up the boost with bolt-ons.  Ran mid 12s on my swapped 6-bolt 4G63 stock bottom-end and 2nd generation pistons, bolt-ons, big 16G turbo @24 psi and very minimal tuning in my TSI AWD back in the day.

Traction might be a nightmare if it's just FWD.  I had an Eclipse GS-T and had a 20G turbo on it and I was spinning tires like crazy in 2nd gear, even on a roll in 2nd gear and going WOT it would break open the tires.  Got tired of dealing with it and got the AWD.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2016, 05:48:18 PM »
It's a sad day....

Days of the high strung rev happy honda's are over.

But you know what?  We have nobody to blame but ourselves!

If american's wasn't so fat!!!!!!!  We wouldn't need 250+hp civics with 250+ lbs of torques!!!

I mean... I'm a honda fan through and through... but but but a 230+ hp civic?  C'mon now... and now sporting a turbo too?

Oh wells...

If the new tegra's come out.. I'll have to see if I can like it. 

And the thing is, it'll probably come with those paddle shifters...

I see the new ilx ... and I don't like the way honda is going with their new direction, but oh wells!

I guess folks like me will just keep building and re-building the cars of day's past and drive them around instead and have people wondering "wow?!  Is that a new car?  What is it!?!?"

IT's kinda hard to start believing that these cars are now starting to feel like they are "classic's" already... 

Seem just like a few years ago they were just normal cars and nowadays it's like "wow, is that a real si?  or is that the real car with the real motor?"

New new civic type R.  That thing is horrible looking just my opinion!  It's got the power but dang!  It horrible!

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Hitokiri

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2016, 11:13:19 PM »
It's a sad day....

Days of the high strung rev happy honda's are over.

But you know what?  We have nobody to blame but ourselves!

If american's wasn't so fat!!!!!!!  We wouldn't need 250+hp civics with 250+ lbs of torques!!!

You're mistaken because the most powerful four bangers well still be in Europe and Japan (for now) so Americans don't have to feel too bad. Haha...

Honda could have went the way of Toyota and kept on making bigger and better naturally aspirated motors but that means more cylinders and more weight. That didn't work out so well for Toyota and they lost a lot of racing pedigree because of it. Honda was smart. They went the right way and went with turbochargers and kept the small engines.

IT's kinda hard to start believing that these cars are now starting to feel like they are "classic's" already... 

If the Type-R does come to the USA then I believe it'll be a classic since it'll be the first Type-R in 20 years.

New new civic type R.  That thing is horrible looking just my opinion!  It's got the power but dang!  It horrible!

That's because you're stuck in the year 2000. What you need from Honda is not a high revving small engine. What you need is for Honda to make a time machine. :P

hua

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2016, 12:54:43 AM »
Honda still makes small high reving inline fours...

999cc, 13k redline

171hp / 78 ft/lb torque  ;D

Sifu

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2016, 10:07:34 AM »
S2000 will be out before the Integra.  It will be competing with the Miata so it will lose a lot of HP and better be $10k cheaper.

Sifu

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2016, 10:08:56 AM »
High revving engines are done.  Everything and everyone is going turbo or electric. 

Sleipnir

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2016, 04:07:48 PM »
High revving engines are done.  Everything and everyone is going turbo or electric.

And once the world runs out of oil and coal...  it'll be leg power again for us humans...

Hitokiri

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2016, 10:43:35 PM »
S2000 will be out before the Integra.  It will be competing with the Miata so it will lose a lot of HP and better be $10k cheaper.

Maybe. Honda doesn't usually like to step backwards even when it comes to horsepower or price.

From what I've read the S2000 well basically use the same engine as the Civic Type-R for make it horizontal kicking the same HP.

Hitokiri

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2016, 10:44:20 PM »
Honda still makes small high reving inline fours...

999cc, 13k redline

171hp / 78 ft/lb torque  ;D

Even though well be turbocharged soon. :P

Advertisements