Advertisement

Author Topic: My ratings of K-Drama, first one: "Fated To Love You"  (Read 881 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
My ratings of K-Drama, first one: "Fated To Love You"
« on: January 03, 2016, 11:49:25 PM »
I posted a thread a while back about my Filipina co-worker recommending some Korean dramas for me to watch since I'm not a fan of Soap.

She recommended "Fated To Love You" because it's not only sad, and romantic but also funny.

I give Fated to Love You C+.

She also recommended "Angel Eyes" because it's newer than her favorite K-drama of all time:

I give Angel Eyes B-.

And lastly, onto her favorite K-drama of all time, "Autumn in My Heart". Even though it's a little outdated, she said she could watch it over and over again.

I give Autumn of the Heart B.

Those grades don't seem too shabby from a non-soap fan.

Although those shows didn't convert me to be a K-drama fan after I gave it an honest shot, I can see why she thinks it's better than the American Soap here such as "Days of Our Lives", "The Young and The Restless", etc. The sadness and issues in K-dramas are more relevant to Asians.

Big difference between American Soap and Korean Soap from what I've seen:

1. K-dramas show very little PDA or affection in general and it takes forever for the characters to share their true feelings and affections.

2. The dudes in K-dramas sure cry a lot...Almost as much as their female counterparts.. .My goodness.

Anyways, glad I gave it an honest shot. Even though it's not my thing, at least I can form an educated opinion about it.

Here's the link to my original thread about it:

http://www.pebhmong.com/forum/index.php/topic,377506.msg4804350.html#msg4804350

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Advertisements