Advertisement

Author Topic: 2016 Movie Breakdown  (Read 2445 times)

bulbasaur

2016 Movie Breakdown
« on: January 05, 2016, 10:50:53 PM »
I am really excited about the movies this year.  I am still catching up on some of the movies of the past few years, but those may continue to take a backseat again.  I'll just list the ones off the top of my head and then discuss them later.  So, in no particular order...

1. X-Men Apocalypse
2. Captain America: Civil War
3. Batman v Supes
4. That new Harry Potter movie
5. Ghostbusters
6. Independence Day
7. Star Trek Beyond
8. Suicide Squad
9. Deadpool
10. Dr. Strange
11. Rogue 1
12. Is Gambit this year?
13. 5th Wave
14. Bourne 5
15. Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon 2
16. BFG
17.TMNT 2
18. Kung Fu Panda 3
19. Zoolander 2

There are some others that I can't seem remember right now.  More as they come...

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

bulbasaur

Re: 2016 Movie Breakdown
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 11:15:01 PM »
Gambit

I know it is going to blow, but Gambit is one of my favorite comic characters.  Knowing Fox, they will try to go dark and gritty, but I hope they go light and fun.  Gambit is a fun character. 

If the movie is not a heist movie, I am going to be disappointed. 

bulbasaur

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 11:40:49 PM »
Tatum doesn't strike me as a Gambit, but I hope he will do what Michael Keaten did with Batman or what Heath Ledger did with Joker.  No one thought they would do well either. 

But, we all know it is going to be an awful movie.  If they can't do a good Wolverine movie, they aren't going to do a good Gambit.

Well...  I already have low expectations considering they have Channing Tatum as gambit.
Guy can't really act. 

Hope it's not all dark and gritty either. Gambit is a fun character with his suave personality. 

My guess is:
It'll be the generic gambit is a mercenary, but eventually his girlfriend gets taken leading him to be the hero of the film.

which sounds like every other action flick.

bulbasaur

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2016, 11:43:13 PM »
Ghostbusters

I am big fan, but this movie just seems like a gimmick.  Why couldn't they just reboot it with the classic characters?  I like those classic characters.  Anyways, I hope it's good. 

zena

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 07:50:35 PM »
Good list of movies.  I'm planning on watching quite a few of those myself.

Btw, I just finished the book, The 5th Wave.  All I can say is, it was AWESOME!  Wow.  I'm excited for the movie!!

proudlao

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2016, 12:08:58 PM »
Looking forward to number 3, 7, and 17

bulbasaur

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2016, 11:28:19 PM »
TMNT 2

I am a big fan, and the last movie didn't bother me as much as most people.  But, I feel this is going to be an awful movie.  It's not really fun and exciting, and it's not really gritty either.  It's just "meh."  I really want to see TMNT go back to the style of its 1990 movie.  Instead, we're getting Michael Bay.

jaorr

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2017, 06:00:19 AM »
A professional contract killer, haunted by visions of his violent past, spirals out of control. His work compromised as he reaches breaking point, he is forced to defend his family from his ruthless employers.
http://123movies.sh/tt3381610-watch-Breakdown-online-putlocker

Advertisements