Advertisement

Author Topic: How to do well for Online classes?  (Read 5522 times)

Offline lost_forever

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +11
    • View Profile
How to do well for Online classes?
« on: January 11, 2016, 09:48:37 AM »
It's my first time taking online classes this year, doing fulltime with 5 courses.  Two of them are labs. I don't know what to expect of it, I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed already! With so much discussions to do within a week, how do you work around it? How do you prepare for each class discussion, read? Advices is appreciated, thanks!

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
Re: How to do well for Online classes?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 11:36:47 AM »
Have someone do it for you!!

I never took any before so I couldn't tell you but from those I knownntontake them they say it's easy and they type alotta bs for discussions

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2016, 08:31:56 PM »
Study hard. Be a self learner.  Be prepared. 
Are the discussions timed?

Some online courses I didn't struggle with because of time.  A quiz you have no clue what's going to be on. 15 minutes to do. information comes from 3 chapter. no shit it's going to be tough. 

Don't be afraid to talk to people on the discussion board.  read the syllabus carefully. ask questions. email the professor.

Pretty basic things.  Some classes are easier than others. Can't really say how to do well in one when they are ran differently.

Don't be a procrastinator ... set schedule to do your homework and study. When you're doing online classes, it's easy to get distracted...

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Giggles_Shyly

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2016, 01:40:59 PM »
I dislike online courses! I do a lot worse online verse in class. I like questions answered in real time not hours later.

And WOW@ the 5 classes with labs! Hope you did well. I did 6, maybe even a 7th class because it was my first year/semester. I guess I was excited LOL, and I struggled. I ate and slept school that semester. NEVER again, 4 classes a semester is good.

zena

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2016, 08:28:15 PM »
When I took online classes, I was required to post something at three different times per week.  The instructor monitored log-on time.  If your status shows logged on but idle, you would get docked for it.  You have to actually respond to the instructor's content and to your peers responses as well.  That along with reading and homework and weekly quizes take up a lot of time.  Some people think it's easier online but I found it harder.

Offline lost_forever

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2016, 08:35:41 PM »
I dislike online courses! I do a lot worse online verse in class. I like questions answered in real time not hours later.

And WOW@ the 5 classes with labs! Hope you did well. I did 6, maybe even a 7th class because it was my first year/semester. I guess I was excited LOL, and I struggled. I ate and slept school that semester. NEVER again, 4 classes a semester is good.

I agree GS. At first, I was excited and happy that I was going back to school, little did I know that it was so much work. Though it was more convenient, it was also more expensive. Some classes were easy to do but I didn't do so well in others. I'm taking one summer online class and its a struggle.

Offline lost_forever

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2016, 08:48:34 PM »
When I took online classes, I was required to post something at three different times per week.  The instructor monitored log-on time.  If your status shows logged on but idle, you would get docked for it.  You have to actually respond to the instructor's content and to your peers responses as well.  That along with reading and homework and weekly quizes take up a lot of time.  Some people think it's easier online but I found it harder.

Omg..I did not like online too. I took four classes with one lab and it was terrible. I was so exhausted and had no time to even eat, sleep, clean or enjoy anything. We were required to log on three times a week but it was more than that. Each classes had weekly discussions, quizzes, and homework. For the accounting class, we were required to meet online with the instructor, do survey, and if we missed those, it took a toll on our grade. For summer semester, I'm taking only one and its still taking up a lot of time.

Advertisements