Advertisement

Author Topic: So anyways... an EVO try tried to impess me or show off I guess you could say  (Read 3500 times)

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
Just so happened I pulled up behind an evo at a red light.  I guess it's the latest styled one becuase I don't remember ever seeing one like it.  I could tell he had upgraged exhast and it was the rallart edition, it had the little badge on the right trunk side.  I couldn't be sure... but it's rally something...I remember noticing it's big wing on the back...

Yeap, this is it

Anyways... so the light turns green and he gives it all it's got and to be honest... it looked slow... I'm pretty sure even my teggie could keep up if not beat it.  I obvioulsy just drove normal... I didn't care to try to pursue. 

But I remember thinking... "dang, is that an automatic?  I didn't know they come in automatics"... there's no way it was a stick shift listening to the shifts...  it was too quick...

I guess maybe those evo's comes in paddle shifters too?  Or don't come in stick anymore?  I'm a pretty fast shifter myself... and I don't think I can shift that fast.

Like this post: 0
I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1330
    • View Profile
Sounds like another stupid "The Fast and Furious" wannabee...

Sifu

;)Did you finally stage next Finest?

vl

If it has a ralliart badge then it's not an evo.  It's probably just the ralliart lancer version.  The evo would pull faster but those Evo Xs are too heavy to be fast.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
I thought it looked a bit slow.....I'm pretty would've rode his rear bumper if I chased....

Definitely would've lost to me initial d style.

O well, guess it was the slow ones...

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Envy2

When you only know about Hondas. :2funny: :2funny: If it was an EVO X and he was really racing you and know how to drive in a straight line, you would both be about dead even.

Offline Boost

• Jr. Poster
  • "Year Of The Dragon"
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
I don't like the newer EVOs as much as the EVO 8/9s but they're still pretty quick.  EVOs have set pretty high standards for cars to beat.  They're beast @ time attacks.  O0

GR Supra - Armaspeed, AWE, Function Werk, Forge, JB4..
S2000 - AP1 w/AP2 Swap, GT35, Haltech, AEM, Tial, T1R..
RX400h - Hybrid
Grand Highlander - Turbo

Sifu

Those EVO X's are no joke!  That's some serious machine for whatever occasion.

Sleipnir

The only Evo X that comes with a true manual is the GSR, a 5 speed manual.

They all went auto with the paddle shifters...  so no more 6 speed manual for the MR, which I thought should have been an option.

They come out of the box really tuned down, but with the right tuning on E-85 gas and turning up the boost, they can become street monsters.  But they will never be street monsters with just a loud exhaust and a ricer blow-off valve.

Out of the box, I'd still take a 4G63 vs a B18C any day.

Offline darkhelmet

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +56
    • View Profile
Do you guys do a lot of red light to red light racing?  I've never used 25% of my cars ability.  I just like cruising and posing.  :)

I made you read this.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Redlight racing was cool back in the day I guess....   

Although I don't race anymore, I actually prefer interstate racing.

It's much better and if you're bold enough you can wind it out.

Red light racing you don't get enough room although it's fun.

Highway racing you better have a good susoension, forget about the lower.

vl

Out of the box, I'd still take a 4G63 vs a B18C any day. 

They got rid of the iron block with the Evo X, it now runs on an aluminum block with engine code 4B11.  That's one of the reasons I didn't like the new Evo X.

Although I don't race anymore, I actually prefer interstate racing.

Red light racing you don't get enough room although it's fun.

I totally agree with you.  When your car is not the average economical daily driven car, you're not trying to go 80 mph, you'll be going 140mph at the least.

yuknowthat

ah! the true GSR of all gsr = Lancer Evolutions ;D ;D

Advertisements