Advertisement

Author Topic: Did you hear about the super nova?  (Read 5086 times)

zena

Did you hear about the super nova?
« on: January 15, 2016, 01:39:37 AM »
So cool.  ASASSN-15lh.

Ok.  Also kind of sad.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

FetishDream

Re: Did you hear about the super nova?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 07:43:08 AM »
Here, you like to draw pictures so I give you one

zena

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2016, 10:31:04 AM »
I saw that.  It's sooooo (o's to the nth) cool.  Breathtaking.  Amazing.

zena

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2016, 01:28:47 PM »
Btw, the super nova was 3.2 billion light years away.  Know what that means?  It occurred 3.2 billion years ago.  So, we weren't even in existence when the super nova occurred.  We are just seeing it now.  Now that's serious time travel.

And, to top that off, I bet their were "humans" in that solar system.  I don't believe that we earthlings are the only humans. 

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
  • Respect: +1038
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2016, 02:26:57 PM »
I did hear about this and it reminds me of how small we are/can be.  There is still so much out there that we don't know about......whe ther in space or even here on earth.

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +225
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2016, 02:35:48 PM »
Existential.

I wonder how our future selves will react to seeing the seemingly infinite skies. Better yet I wonder how individuals now can handle it. It's made me feel both insignificant and wistfully yearning to be part of that great expanse.

zena

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2016, 08:11:22 PM »
I did hear about this and it reminds me of how small we are/can be.  There is still so much out there that we don't know about......whe ther in space or even here on earth.

And our problems even smaller.

Existential.

I wonder how our future selves will react to seeing the seemingly infinite skies. Better yet I wonder how individuals now can handle it. It's made me feel both insignificant and wistfully yearning to be part of that great expanse.

It will always be a wonder.

I wonder so much at times, I wonder about my wonders.

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
  • Respect: +1038
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2016, 08:44:43 AM »
Have you or anyone seen the alignment of the five planets (Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn)?  I heard it is the first time in more than a decade.

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

zena

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2016, 11:32:50 AM »
Have you or anyone seen the alignment of the five planets (Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn)?  I heard it is the first time in more than a decade.

I heard about that too.  It was on the local news.  Then, there was another story about a planet scientist discovered.  It was farther out past Pluto or something.

Advertisements