Advertisement

Author Topic: Chess  (Read 2039 times)

zena

Chess
« on: January 19, 2016, 08:06:34 PM »
Anyone a Chess player?

Husband and I had to learn Chess so we could play against our 8-year-old daughter.  She just beat her dad at it today.  Yesterday he beat her...haha.

I don't play too much because I'll let her win.  I just can't force myself to play fair against my own child. 

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

bulbasaur

Re: Chess
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 09:57:09 AM »
I enjoyed playing chess back in school.  I really got into Yahoo and Lycos chess back when it was still popular.  I beat a Master (maybe Senior Master) level chess player in high school, but that's a story for another day.  I don't play so much these days.  Like Waverly, all the secrets I once knew are gone. 

You may not have to "let" your daughter win for too long.  She might get good enough to just win outright.  Young minds pick up the game fast. 

Offline Gracified23

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +59
    • View Profile
Re: Chess
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2016, 11:28:22 AM »
I started playing chess back in the 9th grade. I was in chess club. I wasn't the best player but I've learned a lot over the years. I spent a lot of my time analyze chess theories. I would gathered games that were played at tournaments and take all the winning lines and incorporate them into my own book. I take the losing games and I use a software to calculate where the line went wrong and corrected them. It's fun and very challenging. I used to play at yahoo 3 yrs ago. I was red color 2400 ratings.

Advertisements