Advertisement

Author Topic: One Thing Christians Don't Understand  (Read 4565 times)

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
One Thing Christians Don't Understand
« on: January 20, 2016, 09:00:49 AM »
While it's great to be optimistic and have a lot of faith in God, how many of you are willing to accept that you might have to endure a lifetime of pain in order to glorify God? For example, there were many black slaves who died violent deaths and never lived to see freedom even though they prayed and prayed and prayed. The only salvation they received was death. However, their deaths weren't in vain but eventually led to the abolishment of slavery.

In other words, what I'm saying is that we're all part of God's plan but you might be given the role of the sacrificed. For some, life on earth will never work out and the only salvation is death.

So if life is rough for you, that is all part of God's plan. Are you willing to accept that role, while someone else gets the role of seemingly success? Of course, God has a job for them as well and they will be judged accordingly.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 09:24:58 AM by Believe_N_Me »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
Re: One Thing Christians Don't Understand
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 12:43:30 PM »
A testimonial of a pow in a Vietnam prison said the same thing.  He prayed daily for years for his released and even doubt god and his prayers to see if there is a god or if prayers worked but his determination and willingness to survived through prayers that gave him some hope for his survival.  He was finally released and is living in the states today.  Had he died in prison, he would have died with faith. 

My aunt taught me that if i think i am suffering, i have to think that i am suffering with jesus christ like that one good crook hanging on that cross with him.  We can suffer together because suffering comes in the form of a penance.  Even that little girl who saw the virgin mary back in the blk n white photo days had a terminal disease but asked god not to heal her so that she can suffer along with christ.  She ended up died in her youthful days while her other 2 siblings who also saw the appriation were able to live a longer life. 

So as i grow old and suffer in my end days, my strength will be the same as theirs.  Lord i am in pain, but i am willing to take this pain as how jesus had his.  Thy kingdom come, thy will be done. 

Like this post: +1
X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 01:29:09 PM »
I meet many Christians who are under the impression that things will get better for them. It seems cruel to tell them that it might actually get worse, but that is the sacrifice all Christians have to make. Their tragedies will chauffeur in light and joy for others. There has to be suffering in the world in order for people to realize God is needed for salvation. If everything always turned out right (on Earth) then people wouldn't see and feel God's glory. When the Israelites were sent out to the wilderness, they quickly realized that many things were out of their control and all they had was faith in God. Many did not make it out alive. Moses, for one, didn't even get to step into the Promise Land.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 04:02:29 AM »
1. what a horrible thing to say.
2. whenever someone speaks like they know god's plan, they is krayy'ed.

this here pher dangles the carrot stick of salvation in front of you like she's tired of walking and you're her donkey. i come to warn you it's a poisoned chalice. this kind of rhetoric is as old as kings. cuz it's what they said to their peasants. it's BS from emperors and popes of all the ages to their believers. child chimney cleaners and miners dying from coal pollution in 18th century london were told this. this kind of salvation will not save you, at best it is "the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions...i st das opium des volkes." most recently this carrot stick was forced fed by slavemasters to their slaves. now it's much more subtle, robber barons and special interest groups pay politicians to bring you this message. it's used as a mirage to keep the suffering and poor working masses in their place while the unscrupulous benefit.

Did I foretell your future just a little too much?  :2funny:

The only slavemasters dangling a carrot in front of you are your Democratic politicians and that is why you are still on the plantation called entitlements.

Don't be so bitter. I am here to set you free from your bondage (the one manifested in your head that is). The sooner you accept that you will be part of the sacrificed group, the sooner you can be free and happy to know that others will bear the fruits of your sacrifice.

NeejYagHawj

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2016, 11:28:30 AM »
what a dumbass...."god has a plan" can be applied to any religion you moron..

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2016, 02:42:29 PM »
what a dumbass...."god has a plan" can be applied to any religion you moron..

Lol like those Muslim yelling

"God willing"

God did not created man...man created god

zena

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2016, 04:10:01 PM »
Surrender, sacrifice, and obedience, we as Christians are call to.  How Jesus suffer, and in return gave love to his transgressors,  so should we.  Yet, it is so hard for many to return hate with love, fist with heart, malice with kindness, cruelty with compassion, etc...  I'm still learning to do this better...every day, I work on this.  Someday, I wish to become the master of my rage, versus letting my rage become the master of me.

True.

It is easier to return hate than it is to show love.  Most people see love and kindness as a weakness, but if they look deeper, they'll find that it is actually strength.

bulbasaur

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2016, 05:40:28 PM »
"I sent you a canoe, a boat, and a helicopter!" -God

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2016, 05:41:31 PM »
damn, son. you just identified not with your own people but with a white dude that came thousands of miles away as part of an invading force to your country of origin. colonization mind raped you hard, bro. i wonder w8hen you were watching full metal jacket, if you saw yourself in the white soldiers.

I don't play video games like you but if i did, i would have a religion for video games can take you into your own lala land filled up with make believe fantasy. 

I rather fantasize about jesus.  It just more simplier.  :2funny:

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2016, 11:45:24 PM »
the christianity you're trying to sell is the evilest kind. the kind that slithers in and takes advantage of people when they are suffering the most. you speak of praying and sacrifice, of reward after death, but you conveniently say nothing against your white slave masters. you conveniently turn a blind eye towards the rape of young african women, of the physical and mental torture, the forced separation of slave children from their parents. your kind walks through the world keeping a very narrow view so as not to see anything that you don't want to.

but instead of me telling you, here's a real slave's experience:

“I prayed for freedom for twenty years, but received no answer until I prayed with my legs.”
― Frederick Douglass, Autobiographie s

“...I therefore hate the corrupt, slaveholding, women-whipping, cradle-plundering, partial and hypocritical Christianity of the land... I look upon it as the climax of all misnomers, the boldest of all frauds, and the grossest of all libels. Never was there a clearer case of 'stealing the livery of the court of heaven to serve the devil in.' I am filled with unutterable loathing when I contemplate the religious pomp and show, together with the horrible inconsistencie s, which every where surround me. We have men-stealers for ministers, women-whippers for missionaries, and cradle-plunderers for church members. The man who wields the blood-clotted cowskin during the week fills the pulpit on Sunday, and claims to be a minister of the meek and lowly Jesus. . . . The slave auctioneer’s bell and the church-going bell chime in with each other, and the bitter cries of the heart-broken slave are drowned in the religious shouts of his pious master. Revivals of religion and revivals in the slave-trade go hand in hand together. The slave prison and the church stand near each other. The clanking of fetters and the rattling of chains in the prison, and the pious psalm and solemn prayer in the church, may be heard at the same time. The dealers in the bodies of men erect their stand in the presence of the pulpit, and they mutually help each other. The dealer gives his blood-stained gold to support the pulpit, and the pulpit, in return, covers his infernal business with the garb of Christianity. Here we have religion and robbery the allies of each other—devils dressed in angels’ robes, and hell presenting the semblance of paradise.”
― Frederick Douglass, Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass

The only evil preaching is YOU. Quit giving people false hopes. The reality is that people will continue to suffer and they will die. No amount of praying will change that. It is something that human beings, including Christians MUST accept. In fact, part of having faith is accepting the realities of the earthly world. 

Obviously, you have no comprehension of what I have written.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2016, 12:10:34 AM »
I don't play video games like you but if i did, i would have a religion for video games can take you into your own lala land filled up with make believe fantasy. 

I rather fantasize about jesus.  It just more simplier.  :2funny:

Blackbird is a funny sort. He believes that human beings are in full control of their own destiny YET he blames the white man for everything. He contradicts himself. If he were fully in control of his life then why he let the white man suck the milk dry from his mother and sister's bosoms? Why he let the man enslave his people for over 200 years? Why in this day and age he still allows his black brothers live a life of crime in the inner cities? Blackbird has a slave mentality. By shifting all blame on whitey, his freedom can only come when whitey grants it. Blackbird doesn't know that he already a free man and it is up to him to protect those freedoms.  :idiot2: :2funny:

My message to all Christians is that they cannot escape the suffering. Suffering is actually part of being a Christian. Sometimes we don't see the end of our suffering on earth and salvation only comes in death. Many Christians think that if only they believe harder or pray more things might turn around for them. So what happens when things don't turn up and actually seem to get worse? They start to lose faith in God. They feel like God has abandoned them. However, being a Christian they must believe that it's all part of God's plan. They play a role in that plan even if they don't like the role they have to play.

zena

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2016, 01:03:11 AM »
I think a lot of non-believers of christianity miss the point.  God does not give you what you want.  You can pray all you want for whatever wants and needs you think you should have.  You'll never get it.  God will only give you what he made you for.

Like this post: +1

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2016, 02:50:25 AM »
I think a lot of non-believers of christianity miss the point.  God does not give you what you want.  You can pray all you want for whatever wants and needs you think you should have.  You'll never get it.  God will only give you what he made you for.

O0

Offline dlabtsi_os

• Jr. Poster
  • AMAZZZZZZON!
  • Respect: +42
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2016, 02:55:45 PM »
While it's great to be optimistic and have a lot of faith in God, how many of you are willing to accept that you might have to endure a lifetime of pain in order to glorify God? For example, there were many black slaves who died violent deaths and never lived to see freedom even though they prayed and prayed and prayed. The only salvation they received was death. However, their deaths weren't in vain but eventually led to the abolishment of slavery.

In other words, what I'm saying is that we're all part of God's plan but you might be given the role of the sacrificed. For some, life on earth will never work out and the only salvation is death.

So if life is rough for you, that is all part of God's plan. Are you willing to accept that role, while someone else gets the role of seemingly success? Of course, God has a job for them as well and they will be judged accordingly.

First of all I am not Christian nor an Apologist but I read over works and argument of the people, that I bolded from your line: The Problem of Evil argument. This is a common argument against religion specifically towards to Christian. One of the issue is that "Is Evil greater than the mighty God?" "If the creator is all good and benevolent why is there is so much suffering."

First you must define the ontology of what is good and evil. Some may claim good is the absence of evil or evil is the absence of good. But that is too simplistic. Many people that argue against the existence of God I read over makes a common mistake of using Epistemology of Evil and Good. Such as equivalent Good = Benevolent and Evil = Malefic.

Test your might!

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2016, 10:16:43 PM »
My topic isn't really about evil or what is regarded as evil. moonangel hit it on the nail. I am initiating a dialogue with other Christians about a misconception among the group. Too many people believe prayer or more intensified belief in God will change their circumstance. That's not always true and not because God has abandoned them or that prayer doesn't work. Blackbird bitterly made this a case about people taking action in order to change their circumstance. This topic isn't about that either. Plenty of people have taken actions into their own hands but even that didn't change their circumstance. I'm trying to Google up a really good editorial piece about this but can't seem to find it. I think it will really help those who are suffering and help strengthen their faith rather then kill it. 

Advertisements