Advertisement

Author Topic: How to deal with Hmong people who don't like their own culture  (Read 5597 times)

FetishDream

Re: How to deal with Hmong people who don't like their own culture
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2016, 03:08:35 PM »
Must be the redneck influences from their own environment that is talking silly like that.  I mean as long as they continued to stay where they are at, they can denounce their own hmong culture and they can get away with it.  Like brenda xiong, some say that she's a hmong hater but as long as she stays in hollywood, we don't care.  I have not seen her in hmong country Fresno or mn and if she dares to show her so called hmong hating face there, you hmongs can put her in her place. 

People who knows can also realized.  IT just makes no sense that a hmong hating hmong would hate you hmongs and when my viet people from the midwest sees this type of hmong, we would laugh our azz off.  Why?  Well simple putted.  No matter what you think you do, you are still another china looking man and someone out there will hate on you too.  ha  :2funny:

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

chidorix0x

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2016, 04:17:58 PM »
Have you come across Hmong people who don't like their own culture and are xenocentric?  How do you deal with them?  Do you teach them?

...  kekeke  ...   :2funny:

U musTARD meanerds DUH-uh-Ha'Mung ha'primitive ha'ignorant ha'clueless ha'idioctic HA'MUNG ha'ranting HA'MUNGINGLY ha'nonsense ha'incessantly who are oblivious not only to Hmong but reality period given they are ha'primitive ha'ignorant ha'clueless ha'idioctic ha'edumacated HA'MUNG ha'twits  ...  KEKEKE  ...   >:D

Oh!  I seriously doubt the bulk of you (Ha'Mung in your own right) even knows what Hmong culture/customs is and are, much less practicing any part of it, nor understand any of it ...  kekeke  ...   ::)/ 8)

« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 04:22:49 PM by chidorix0x »

Buttercup

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2016, 05:54:59 PM »
Must be the redneck influences from their own environment that is talking silly like that.  I mean as long as they continued to stay where they are at, they can denounce their own hmong culture and they can get away with it.  Like brenda xiong, some say that she's a hmong hater but as long as she stays in hollywood, we don't care.  I have not seen her in hmong country Fresno or mn and if she dares to show her so called hmong hating face there, you hmongs can put her in her place. 

People who knows can also realized.  IT just makes no sense that a hmong hating hmong would hate you hmongs and when my viet people from the midwest sees this type of hmong, we would laugh our azz off.  Why?  Well simple putted.  No matter what you think you do, you are still another china looking man and someone out there will hate on you too.  ha  :2funny:
Once people reach a certain status their social group changes and they no longer associate with their inferior counterparts.  You see it all across the board with all other groups of people.  The divide between the rich and poor is getting bigger.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2016, 06:55:26 PM »
Yalls talking about Brenda Song huh?

Yeap....  she turned heels on us!

Brenda!!!  Come back!!!

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2016, 06:57:24 PM »
You know what's funnie....

I think it's funnie...

I don't know if it's happened or not.. or happening... or whatever ....

But I think it'd be funnie if they were looking at hmongs as less than them, or like 2nd class citizen's to them.

Isn't that just crazy and wild?  At the same time, they are hmongs themselves!  Oh wells.

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

fOrEvEr_sUn_76

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2016, 12:12:13 AM »
Have you come across Hmong people who don't like their own culture and are xenocentric?  How do you deal with them?  Do you teach them?

I have come to know many and even become one myself (you guys probably knew why) but then I came to realize that I am who I hate so no point in hating any more. ;D

lazypirateday

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2016, 03:41:32 AM »

Because this person wants to live life their way, this is a problem because?

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +456
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2016, 12:17:53 PM »
Kind of like Stacey Dash wanting BET and Black History month wiped away? I feel sorry for her and people who thinks like her.

You obviously did not get the point she was making.  ::) I feel sorry for you. Actually, I kind of don't.

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2018, 12:28:26 PM »
For a lot of Hmong people, this is their culture now.  That one is a culture foreign to them.

Offline dogmai

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +87
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2018, 08:45:22 AM »

I have friends who ignore everything that is Hmong but follow all American traditions and holidays.  They are neither religious or follow any Hmong cultural traditions like hu plig and jingle bells.

It is awkward to see them as Hmong, guess you can call them Asian American?
We can ignore them and mind our own business but is it our responsibility as a HMONG person to guide them back to their roots?  The American tradition is a compilation of many different cultures from around the world not just one if you really look at it.  Kind like how we've borrowed ideas, words, and traditions from other Asian cultures and adopted them into Hmong tradition—how do we even know that our traditions were originated by Hmong people?  Most of our history is by word of mouth.

This is the very first thing you have to do. You must first, change yourself.  Change the way you see them. You said that it is your responsibility as a hmong person to guide them back to their hmong roots. Well, right now you don't even see them as hmong. You can either,

1. Ignore them. You can not guide someone back to his/her hmong roots if they are not hmong.

Or

2. Acknowledge them as being hmong , then you can start from there.

Just because they do not practice "hmong" religion, or traditions does not mean that they are not hmong nor that they don't know their hmong roots and where they came from. If you were to wear American clothes and stand next to another hmong person who is wearing hmong clothes but practice Islam, which one of you looks more like a "hmong person? " If a hmong person has more knowledge in hmong history and culture than you, is he more than you? Can you guide him to his hmong roots? Or can he guide you better to your hmong roots.

If you feel that it is your responsibility to guide someone to back to their hmong roots,  consider what I wrote above first before you even approach them on this subject.

When approaching them on this matter, acknowledge them as a follow hmong.  Know their reasons why they don't like the hmong culture. How much knowledge do they have when it comes to the hmong culture and its history. And last of all, once they made the choice of learning more about the hmong culture, you can now start. Just remember not preach to them, instead,  have a discussion.

Offline nightrider

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +48
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2018, 07:13:05 PM »
Just ignore them and let them be. People that do not conformed to their clan or family customs, they belong to the "trailer trash" category. 

Advertisements