Advertisement

Author Topic: S2000 Type R?  (Read 1294 times)

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile

Like this post: 0
I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Adverstisement

Hitokiri

Re: S2000 Type R?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 11:14:24 PM »
That's what they've been saying. That the S2000 well get a smaller and larger turbocharge motor. One to basically take on the smaller RWD cars and one with 300 horsepower. Even though I don't like the idea (I think the S2000 should just be like the old one with one powerful motor) I can see why they're doing it like this if it's true.

Everything is surrounding that 2.0 turbo motor now. That motor is going to be around for quite a while.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 03:23:09 AM »
I'd prefer an NA setup...

But oh wells.

But I'm just happy they went with a Type R version instead of a CR version etc etc etc...

There's should only be one max tier.... Type R.

You should have your top of the line... and then...cut to Type R... none of this top of the line then a CR version etc etc etc...

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2016, 11:15:52 AM »
If it indeed does look like the pictures when it comes out...

I'd have to say they actually got the styling right.

I've seen some other pictures and it doesn't look so nice.

Let's hope they stick to these concept drawings.

The design really does say.. "I'm fast"

As far as using the civic type r engine, I think that's a mistake.   

They should develop it's own engine.

The price tag wI'll have consumers demand it's own unique engine.

yuknowthat

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2016, 02:08:41 PM »
s2k type R would be nice. I preferred N/A also to go with the model.

E92M3

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2016, 04:40:54 PM »
that front looks similar to the new NSX.  Pretty good looking IMO

Hitokiri

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2016, 06:58:00 PM »
s2k type R would be nice. I preferred N/A also to go with the model.

I think the S2000 basically maxed out the 2.2 four cylinder. To make more horsepower then the 240 that the S2000 was making would have difficult even if they bored the 2.5 liters. Any 4 cylinder above that would probably have pistons too heavy to move the way Honda wanted them to. The only other option is to turbocharge the motor.

Personally I hope the car stays understated. What made the S2000 awesome look wise is that it didn't look like a Honda. It looked European but yet it was probably more powerful and able then most people would have expected from a Honda. Then again...that's me.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2016, 07:14:31 PM »
YEah, I think they've basically maxed out what a mass produced production 2.0-2.2 4 banging engine can put out.

I would prefer though that it'd be all motor, even if it had to be a v6 or something.  But oh wells!

I'm just glad it looks nice.

Man.. whoever designed the civic type r.... that's one ugly looking type r.

Hitokiri

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2016, 11:10:13 PM »
I would prefer though that it'd be all motor, even if it had to be a v6 or something.  But oh wells!

Yeah. Toyota tried to do that and it didn't work and I think Toyota probably makes some of the best V6s on the planet. Nissan tried to do that V6 thing to and somewhat worked but it seems the import crowds want one of two things - four cylinders or turbos. Maybe it had to do with the fact that Toyota cars for the most part have been pretty boring too.

Advertisements