Advertisement

Author Topic: Are people still modifying their cars?  (Read 4471 times)

Offline darkhelmet

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +56
    • View Profile
Are people still modifying their cars?
« on: January 26, 2016, 08:46:46 PM »
I have no clue what is going on anymore with cars these days.  It used to be modifying Honda Civics, Preludes, S2K, Acura Integras and DSM.  I guess I grew out of it and just buy a car and drive it now.  Must be getting old.

Like this post: 0
I made you read this.

Adverstisement

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
Re: Are people still modifying their cars?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 09:18:36 PM »
I have no clue what is going on anymore with cars these days.  It used to be modifying Honda Civics, Preludes, S2K, Acura Integras and DSM.  I guess I grew out of it and just buy a car and drive it now.  Must be getting old.

The hardcore still do... I'm like you, I only buy them to drive. Doesn't pay to put all these mods on it when it's losing value everyday.

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Blongforever

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 10:35:13 PM »
I love to add some cosmetics to my rides.  Nothing major.  Just enough to make'em mine.  What's a better way to waste your money on then a depreciating pile of metal?  LOLz

Offline darkhelmet

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +56
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 10:39:37 PM »
I love to add some cosmetics to my rides.  Nothing major.  Just enough to make'em mine.  What's a better way to waste your money on then a depreciating pile of metal?  LOLz

True, now I only do little cosmetic things like change the side markers to clear markers.

I made you read this.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 10:39:50 PM »
I haven't done anything to the s2k.

I just drive it, probably not going to do anything to it.

All I've done is change the fluids and put a stock radio back in it, when I bought it, it had an aftermarket one.

I still want to buy a little civic or teggie gsr and put ebay parts on it.  I mean they have whole exhuast systems for like 150 bucks!  Header's back!

Cheap intakes.

I would love to do that and see how it runs for fun.  Cheap IM, generic ones are like 140 bucks. 

lower name brand cam sprocket.  Cheap!

Oh wells!

As far as spending "real" money to mod up cars, I think my days are over.

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Envy2

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2016, 09:36:46 AM »

It's call growing up. You spend more time driving it then have it a part in the garage. Plus the fact that when you modify cars you normally lose. You lose on the initial investment cost as it only gives you less than 50% returns. Also it may also impact the sellability of the car.

Sifu

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2016, 11:06:14 AM »
I need money.  These are money pits for a reason. 

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2016, 12:19:09 PM »
Unless you are able to use those mods regularly like at the tracks and get enjoyment out of it, it's not worth it especially in the power area IMO. I've always prefer suspension and tire upgrades over power upgrades because I use my vehicles on public roads pretty much all the time...On my bikes, I don't even touch the motor area at all. On my cars, little K&N air filter and some other very minor upgrades here and there and that's it.

yuknowthat

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2016, 05:20:05 PM »
I do have itchy fingers to buy a little something for the weekends. Not too much focus on the power, but handling to have some fun. I hope to have some funds for it this year.

If I wanted to feel the adrenaline rush, crotch rocket will do the job. :D :D

« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 12:48:07 PM by yuknowthat »

Hitokiri

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2016, 05:42:48 PM »
I own a Ford Escape and I modified that like my other cars. :P

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2016, 07:27:54 PM »
I would like to mod up those 240sx..

You know, just probably the basic bolt ons....  maybe some suspension stuff...

Just to see how they can perform and ride.

I wonder how they ride.

This model right here is the style I like.

I don't think they come with alot of hp.. 

I think 155.

Not really into nissan but you know, I'd like to see how they ride once.

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2016, 08:20:21 PM »
I would like to mod up those 240sx..

You know, just probably the basic bolt ons....  maybe some suspension stuff...

Just to see how they can perform and ride.

I wonder how they ride.

This model right here is the style I like.

I don't think they come with alot of hp.. 

I think 155.

Not really into nissan but you know, I'd like to see how they ride once.

Had a first year (89) model and the motor produces 140HP. Funny thing is I've also owned a 79 200SX...I didn't own either for long as I like to try new things...

It's not a bad 4 cylinder RWD car but nothing real special about it either. Currently, the resale value is better than average and it has a large aftermarket support...whic h usually means good fan base.

Sifu

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2016, 11:10:47 PM »
You couldn't walk 4 feet before seeing a 240SX.  Now they are near extinct, unrecognizable .  Holy hell did that drift phase die quick for that car.  It's like the owners destroyed all of them.

Offline Boost

• Jr. Poster
  • "Year Of The Dragon"
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2016, 11:03:43 PM »
I still modify my cars. Nothing like port, polish & honing. I do still do all the bolt on parts. This would be on the weekend car & motorcycle. I've started to take things off the IS300 a couple years ago, but I'll be adding them back on. I'm planning to buy another car soon so the IS300 can join the S2000 in the garage. Planning to do some time attacks this year.  O0

GR Supra - Armaspeed, AWE, Function Werk, Forge, JB4..
S2000 - AP1 w/AP2 Swap, GT35, Haltech, AEM, Tial, T1R..
RX400h - Hybrid

CARLOS

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2016, 12:50:06 PM »
I have a weekend car that I do a few mods for the sake of track days and driving along the coast. Nothing dramatic aside from suspension and fuel system upgrades and a few bolt-ons.  Much more fun to drive it than have it constantly on the lift.  Other responsibiltie s and hobbies have relegated wrenching on cars to a rarity nowadays.

Advertisements