Advertisement

Author Topic: Please be honest, what would this world be like if many people did not believe  (Read 8402 times)

FetishDream

There isn't substantial evidence to support either claim. - One that I never made anyway.  It could be true, I don't know.  But if someone wants to claim that one or the other is true, it's their job to prove their point as true.  Burden of proof as they say.

If we play with odds and statistics, we might as well say that in the coming future, our own sun will turn into a fairy girl.  Still could be a probable odds and an agnostic model like until that happens, there goes my proof to get me out of this agnostic ways of thinking about the world. 

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

FetishDream

Answer this, which religions aren't the ones that your dog believes in?

Any religion that are ties with human is the answer.  We humans gave names to human's religion.  So you are saying that fido has a religion?  Same some.   :2funny:

Offline dogmai

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +87
    • View Profile
So you are saying that fido has a religion?

Well, according to you, yes, fido does have a religion. You pretty much said it all with your statement.

We humans gave names to human's religion.   

Humans gave a name to a religion that believes is reincarnation. So if fido is a religious dog, its religion could Hinduism?  O0

FetishDream

Well, according to you, yes, fido does have a religion. You pretty much said it all with your statement.

Humans gave a name to a religion that believes is reincarnation. So if fido is a religious dog, its religion could Hinduism?  O0

What statement?  I must have missed something there. 

Reincarnation is not a religion.  Humans gave a name to his religion.  He did not give a name to fido's religion even if fido is included in his religion concept.  Note the distinction. 

Once again, what is the name of the religion that fido or which god does fido prays to?   I gave you a simple example.  I fed fido daily and he looks to me with his puppy doggy eyes so am I his god?  If so, what is the name of this religion? 

No name, no case.  Ta da  O0

Offline dogmai

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
What statement?  I must have missed something there. 

Reincarnation is not a religion.  Humans gave a name to his religion.  He did not give a name to fido's religion even if fido is included in his religion concept.  Note the distinction. 

Once again, what is the name of the religion that fido or which god does fido prays to?   I gave you a simple example.  I fed fido daily and he looks to me with his puppy doggy eyes so am I his god?  If so, what is the name of this religion? 

No name, no case.  Ta da  O0

Hahaha.

Denial isn't going to get you out of the hole you dug yourself in to, especially when you are digging that hole deeper with your failed attempt at defending your statement.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
Hahaha.

Denial isn't going to get you out of the hole you dug yourself in to, especially when you are digging that hole deeper with your failed attempt at defending your statement.

So fido is a Hindu?

Or are you going to offend the Hindu gods and her religion?

Don't chirp if have a weak hand.  Ta da

Like this post: +1
X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline dogmai

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
So fido is a Hindu?

Or are you going to offend the Hindu gods and her religion?

Don't chirp if have a weak hand.  Ta da

Then why are you chirping? Trying to shift the burden of proof doesn't mean you have a strong hand. Still waiting for your evidence.

FetishDream

Then why are you chirping? Trying to shift the burden of proof doesn't mean you have a strong hand. Still waiting for your evidence.

Did you not say that fido could be hindu?   :2funny:

"Humans gave a name to a religion that believes is reincarnation. So if fido is a religious dog, its religion could Hinduism?" 

So once again, what is the name of the religion that fido has or which god do they pray to? 

No name, no case therefore, no need to chirp.  No scientific or observable behaviors in fido that shows he's a hindu or any of the man given names to his religion. 

Saying that fido is hindu is like me saying that you and your atheist kind are really Christian from your so called observable behaviors.  Silly much isn't it?   :2funny:

Fido a hindu.  Imagine that.  He should be offended.   :D

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
However, I do not believe it is necessary to hold any kind of religious belief in a divine being or being(s) in order to be moral or good.  Humans have been around way longer than most modern religion and have managed to survive.

You don’t have to believe in deities but you can believe in causes or people.

There are people out there who believe in giving, taking care of the poor, healing the sick, saving the environment, championing civil rights, sheltering the homeless, finding cures for diseases, developing new scientist instruments/methods to help humanity and so on.  Likewise there are people out there who believe in money, or themselves, power, fame, riches, etc.  None of these require the belief in a deity(ies)…that’s not to say that the two are mutually exclusive.

I believed in giving but just not to church or religion research. 

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
in God, did not believe in the miracles we see and witness, and if there were no churches or Christian organizations around? Even our dollar bill would look different .... isn't money the root of evil?
R u talking about a Christian God?  If the world did not believe in a Christian God, they would believe in some other like Allah, Sun God (Egypt), etc..

But if you're asking what would a world without religion be like - Not sure.  I  haven't seen that world - because within all human beings right now and since the beginning of time, lies the innate knowledge there's a creator and because we have this knowledge, we're going to worship whom ever we think is this creator.

If we didn't have the innate knowledge of a creator - in that world - anyone worshiping a God would be considered "crazy."

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

unmatchable

I think it would still be the same…more or less.  Humans have always been separated by different interests (religion being one of them).  I’m sure we would have found other ways to develop and destroy each other.

We all sin. Something needed to b done about it

unmatchable

However, I do not believe it is necessary to hold any kind of religious belief in a divine being or being(s) in order to be moral or good.  Humans have been around way longer than most modern religion and have managed to survive.

You don’t have to believe in deities but you can believe in causes or people.

There are people out there who believe in giving, taking care of the poor, healing the sick, saving the environment, championing civil rights, sheltering the homeless, finding cures for diseases, developing new scientist instruments/methods to help humanity and so on.  Likewise there are people out there who believe in money, or themselves, power, fame, riches, etc.  None of these require the belief in a deity(ies)…that’s not to say that the two are mutually exclusive.

I think most of those organizations are religious based.

unmatchable

We're self-destructive so we'd figure out another way to mess up this world. Not that religion is bad or that people are inherently bad. We just tend to destroy everything we touch. 

Anyway, isn't the correct quote "the love of money is the root of all evil." Money itself is not evil or good; it's an object upon which humans project value. It's through human desire, greed, and selfishness that evil is maintained.

Oh yes thank you.  It's not money itself,  but the love of money

Advertisements