Advertisement

Author Topic: Is Bigger really that better?  (Read 1765 times)

Blongforever

Is Bigger really that better?
« on: February 02, 2016, 08:59:18 AM »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline duckwingduck

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +172
    • View Profile
Re: Is Bigger really that better?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 07:56:31 PM »
what a waste of gas and metal.

Hitokiri

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 09:10:50 PM »
It's all about getting that torque to the ground. As you can see the truck looked like it had rims on it with pretty used tires. The small SUV had stock rims with pretty good tires on it. Let's not underestimate the small car either. I looked up the specs of the small car and today's version of it comes with 360 lbs of torque at 2000 RPMS! That's a pretty torquey little SUV. With that much torque pulling something that's 4000 lbs isn't that tough.

For comparison my Ford Escape only has 270 torque from factory and its factory rated at pulling 3500 lbs with the tow package. So if the Landrover in the video had more torque then my Focus with a tow package pulling something as much as 4500 lbs shouldn't be much issue.

So with a lot of torque, more grip, and a lot of torque at very low RPMS - of course that little car would win. Now if that truck had better tires it would be something else.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 10:02:37 PM »
My dad's old toyota truck pulled out this giant ferrel gas truck out of the mud.

The Gas truck driver couldn't believe it, he was actuallying asking if we had a tractor at first to pull it out..

Wow was he ever shocked.

To bad we didn't get a video of it, it would've definately made a good toyota truck commercial.

I'm not sure if it was a tacoma or not.. it was a long time ago.

But it was a v6 that's for sure..

Looked something like this..

and it pulled this out...

I know, it seems unbelievable.. . but that's what happened.

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Sleipnir

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2016, 10:35:01 AM »
My dad's old toyota truck pulled out this giant ferrel gas truck out of the mud.

The Gas truck driver couldn't believe it, he was actuallying asking if we had a tractor at first to pull it out..

Wow was he ever shocked.

To bad we didn't get a video of it, it would've definately made a good toyota truck commercial.

I'm not sure if it was a tacoma or not.. it was a long time ago.

But it was a v6 that's for sure..

Looked something like this..

and it pulled this out...

I know, it seems unbelievable.. . but that's what happened.

maybe it was a T100?

Can't remember when yoda stopped making them...

Couple wet springs ago I pulled my BIL's Ford 350 turbo diesel out of a couple feet of mud at the garden with my TRD Tundra...  Mud was flying everywhere...  it was quite fun...

Ruined some other Hmong people's newly planted  peppers and mustard greens in the process...  but what can ya do...

Sifu

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2016, 10:57:18 AM »
It's science and magic.  The bro who can lay down the most friction force while casting magic unicorn burst hadoken will need to generate a force greater than the other bro's truck to be declared the victor.

Hitokiri

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2016, 11:11:48 PM »
It's science and magic.  The bro who can lay down the most friction force while casting magic unicorn burst hadoken will need to generate a force greater than the other bro's truck to be declared the victor.

Something like that.  ;)

Envy2

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2016, 11:22:06 AM »
I thought you were talking about penis.. Yes bigger is better.

Advertisements