Advertisement

Author Topic: Manitowoc Man Killed by Unknown Suspect  (Read 7339 times)

fOrEvEr_sUn_76

Manitowoc Man Killed by Unknown Suspect
« on: February 06, 2016, 07:28:09 PM »
MANITOWOC — Police in Manitowoc are searching for a suspect after a fatal shooting in the 2200 block of S. 9th Street.

"This is a tragic, horrific event, it's a shocking event that is not typical for the city of Manitowoc," said Captain Larry Zimney, with the Manitowoc Police Department.

Police say the shooting happened around 5:30 Friday Morning when the victim, Kor Yang, 52, heard a knock at his door.

"He went to the door, opened the door and was shot in the chest, he collapsed and died," said Capt. Zimney.

Zimney added the suspect ran away from the scene and said investigators are working to determine a motive.

"We are looking into all possible motives for this incident, what may have driven somebody to do this type of tragic event and we will be following all leads," said Capt. Zimney.

Yang's wife, two stepsons, ages 16 and 4, and one-year-old grandchild were home when the shooting happened.

The State Crime Lab and State Patrol have been called in to help investigate. Police say that is their standard protocol.

Manitowoc police do not believe this was a random act and say the public is not in danger. It's the first shooting homicide in the city since 2001.

Police are asking anyone with information to call Crime Stoppers at (920) 683-4466.

There is no connection to the Steven Avery case featured in the Netflix series "Making a Murderer," police added.

for the original article, go here:

http://fox11online.com/news/crime/homicide-investigation-in-manitowoc

Damn seems like you can't even answer the door anymore huh. Hopefully someone out there witness something in this. >:(

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline GhostRider

• Jr. Poster
  • GhostRider: 5'11", 185 lbs, Straight
  • Respect: +9
    • View Profile
Re: Manitowoc Man Killed by Unknown Suspect
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 09:29:30 AM »
Any update on this incident?

I'm Ghost Rider! Come Ride With Me..!

Sifu

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 11:06:49 AM »
Wisconsin...  Whew!  Glad we don't live there anymore.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2016, 11:58:29 AM »
Someone broke into our house three years ago. Now, each time there's a knock on the door at night that we have not been warned about, I tell my parents to let me do the opening with the handgun where it should be: in my hand. lol

MANITOWOC — Police in Manitowoc are searching for a suspect after a fatal shooting in the 2200 block of S. 9th Street.

"This is a tragic, horrific event, it's a shocking event that is not typical for the city of Manitowoc," said Captain Larry Zimney, with the Manitowoc Police Department.

Police say the shooting happened around 5:30 Friday Morning when the victim, Kor Yang, 52, heard a knock at his door.

"He went to the door, opened the door and was shot in the chest, he collapsed and died," said Capt. Zimney.

Zimney added the suspect ran away from the scene and said investigators are working to determine a motive.

"We are looking into all possible motives for this incident, what may have driven somebody to do this type of tragic event and we will be following all leads," said Capt. Zimney.

Yang's wife, two stepsons, ages 16 and 4, and one-year-old grandchild were home when the shooting happened.

The State Crime Lab and State Patrol have been called in to help investigate. Police say that is their standard protocol.

Manitowoc police do not believe this was a random act and say the public is not in danger. It's the first shooting homicide in the city since 2001.

Police are asking anyone with information to call Crime Stoppers at (920) 683-4466.

There is no connection to the Steven Avery case featured in the Netflix series "Making a Murderer," police added.

for the original article, go here:

http://fox11online.com/news/crime/homicide-investigation-in-manitowoc

Damn seems like you can't even answer the door anymore huh. Hopefully someone out there witness something in this. >:(

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline nightrider

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +48
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2016, 11:08:03 PM »
It does look like a hitman job or more like someone whom has beef with the victim. Whatever the cases are, it's not worth killing for and hope that this killer be found soon. Got to invest in door cam , just never know if you're staring into the gun barrel at the door anymore.

Lyn Song

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2016, 01:19:26 AM »
That's sad and scary at the same time. Lyn remember there was this one time when a stranger comes knocking at our door once. It was a strange guy with a mohawk cut and all. Only me and my brother were home at the time and so we never answer the door. Immediately once we heard the door knocking, we turn everything off and just keep our heads low. Once the knocking stopped then we wait 4 minutes before we turn everything back on.

Offline autumnbreeze

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +51
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2016, 10:22:38 AM »
That's sad and scary at the same time. Lyn remember there was this one time when a stranger comes knocking at our door once. It was a strange guy with a mohawk cut and all. Only me and my brother were home at the time and so we never answer the door. Immediately once we heard the door knocking, we turn everything off and just keep our heads low. Once the knocking stopped then we wait 4 minutes before we turn everything back on.

that's always been my first instinct....wa s to lock the doors, turned off the lights, and lay low. however, I was just recently been told by a friend, who was robbed a few times and broke into several times, that if an unknown person knocks on your door late at night, even if you don't answer the door, you must leave the lights on so they know someone is home. you can flick the lights off and on or turn your car alarm off and on to let that person know that someone is home and is watching them. when you really think about it, it makes sense because if the house is empty and completely dark, it would let them to think no one is home and it'll be an easy robbery. however, if someone is home, but just not opening the door, then I think that will intimidate the robber to not rob the house.

Lyn Song

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2016, 04:44:34 AM »

that's always been my first instinct....wa s to lock the doors, turned off the lights, and lay low. however, I was just recently been told by a friend, who was robbed a few times and broke into several times, that if an unknown person knocks on your door late at night, even if you don't answer the door, you must leave the lights on so they know someone is home. you can flick the lights off and on or turn your car alarm off and on to let that person know that someone is home and is watching them. when you really think about it, it makes sense because if the house is empty and completely dark, it would let them to think no one is home and it'll be an easy robbery. however, if someone is home, but just not opening the door, then I think that will intimidate the robber to not rob the house.

That's a good idea, perhaps Lyn will use that wisdom too. Maybe leaving the dining and kitchen lights on during the day could do the trick.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2016, 12:32:35 AM »
I like that car alarm thing!  I never thought if that, that's definitely a good deterent.   

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

HUNG TU LO

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2016, 09:35:35 AM »
Or you can just announce loudly though the door "Please leave. You are not welcomed here and do not return. I am armed and will protect my property and family." Unless the person is mentally unstable or they are tire of living and want to join the dead, they will leave.

It's your property. Don't be afraid to protect it with deadly force. You shouldn't have to turn off the lights in fear and hide as if that stranger owns your property.

fOrEvEr_sUn_76

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2016, 02:14:48 PM »
UPDATE: The two suspects who made the hit on Kor Yang has been identified and one arrested, see link below for full story.

http://wbay.com/2016/05/10/man-arrested-in-manitowoc-murder-of-kor-yang

Quinn Smith, 22, is now arrested

Joe Vang, 25, is also wanted for the murdered of Kor Yang, if you know where he is, don't hide him, don't assist him, don't help him even if you are related to him or not, but call police at 920-686-6500. :police:

« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 10:51:33 PM by fOrEvEr_sUn_76 »

Offline AppleBrook

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +34
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2016, 04:24:49 PM »
yeah...definit ely a "hit" job.  the victim must have done some "wrong" to or for someone.  drugs, money, love, etc...

If you are content to let me shine
NEVER walk one step behind...

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2016, 06:42:35 PM »
UPDATE: The two suspects who made the hit on Kor Yang has been identified and one arrested, see link below for full story.

Joe Vang, 25, is also wanted for the murdered of Kor Yang, if you know where he is, don't hide him, don't assist him, don't help him even if you are related to him or not, but call police at 920-686-6500. :police:

Yep!

If Joe Vang's family is hiding and harboring him, I hope they do the right thing by turning him in. Even if he is my family member, I would turn him in ASAP....

Offline Im a Guy

• Jr. Poster
  • if u cont to do wat ur doing U will never get rich
  • Respect: +27
    • View Profile
    • Von.Yaj
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2016, 11:23:01 AM »
damn maybe the father doesn't allowed one of her daughter to be marry to the guy... chit get kill...  ???

" YOUR GOVERMENT IS SELLING YOUR CHILDREN DRUGS, AND YOU DON'T SEEM TO CARE. YOUR OWN GOVERMENT HAS GIVEN AWAY THE POWER OF THE PEOPLE AND YOU DON'T SEEM TO CARE. WE ARE TRULY NOW A NATION OF SHEEP, AND LADIES AND GENTLEMEN. I ASSURE YOU THAT SHEEP ARE ALWAYS LED TO SLAUGHTER. "

milton william

Blongforever

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2016, 09:41:30 PM »
Now that the hoodlums have being picked up, the master mind behind all of this will get his/her ass tortured in prison 'til he/she rot in hell, too.  Good new!!!

Advertisements