Advertisement

Author Topic: Body building physique  (Read 6191 times)

Offline Gracified23

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +59
    • View Profile
Body building physique
« on: February 06, 2016, 11:57:41 PM »
Last week was my first day at the gym. I work out from Tuesday to Thursday. Did some fly, squats and legs. Fly is killing my shoulders I can't even lift up my arms. And my squats made my thighs very tight. I was wobbling at the gym when I came out the door to my car. Shit.. I didn't know these machines will do this to me. This was my first time at the gym so.. guess you can say I'm still newbie. hehe. But I love it!

How often do you guys work out? I want to look good this summer. I don't even know what my body fat percentage is right now..maybe 18%.  I'm not too skinny nor too fat. I consider myself skinny fat. I appear to be skinny from a far distance but if you get close to me I have meat all over. Should I cut or build muscle? And is it possible to be in a great shape by August?

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline YeejKoob13

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +10
    • View Profile
Re: Body building physique
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2016, 09:00:18 PM »
Well if the picture you posted in your avatar a few years ago is you (yellow T-shirt with curly hair and wearing glasses), then you should lean down to only about 115 lbs, as that's the correct weight to height ratio for being healthy.  :)

Offline Superan

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +52
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 06:14:48 AM »
^^^Might as well tell the brother to do drugs if his goal at 115 for target weight.

1) don't over work out, spread out your work out days until your body is condition with a steady routine.
2) don't ego lift, lifting heavy just to show off isn't good for your body nor mechanics. just learn the mechanics first before going heavy.
3) have a good meal plan if you want to cut or don't dirty bulk you just want to gain mass.
4) don't listen to folks in here cause we don't work out enough to give advice.

'MELT AWAY WITH ME"

Offline Superan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2016, 08:35:54 AM »
what are you talking about...I work out 24 hours, 7 days a week, 365 a year!  my fingers so strong, it can pierce a melon, well almost and depends on what type of melons.   :D :2funny:

speaking of workout...i have a gym membership, that the only workout I do is walk from the locker to the dry sauna.   :idiot2: :2funny:

I don't do the spa, I just go for the eye candy. It really builds up the sweats.

'MELT AWAY WITH ME"

Offline Superan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2016, 08:37:05 AM »
Since the semester began.  I work out 4x a week and I'm adding small workout on weekends.
My workout is rather light as I'm starting up and I'm learning new exercises (and I have to deal with the crowded school gym) along with adding more reps.

Monday -
Walk two laps or until I feel my body warming up.
Stretch.
2 miles (jog 2 laps, walk 1, 8 laps = 1 mile).
2 x 30 jumping jacks
2 x 20 soccer kicks
2 x 20 high knees
2 x 20 back kicks
-
1 x 20 squats
1 x 20 sumo squats
2 x 10 squats
2 x 10 sumo squats
10... I don't know what it's called lol..  I take a step forward and bend my knee and go as low as I can to allow my other leg to be parallel with the ground.  do this 10 on each leg twice.
stretch-walk to cool off.

Tuesday -
Same beginning routine.
2 x 10 push up (mens) - I sometimes have to break it into sets of 4. but 20 is the goal.
2 x 20 push up (womens)
2 x 10 burpees. 20 total regardless of how I get there.
4-6 reps of 30 second planks..  The goal is 2-4 minutes of planks.

Wednesday -
Same beginning routine  (If my calves are killing me, I'll just walk the rest of the mile. Will jog 1 mile atleast).
2 x 10 bicycle kicks
2 x 10 crunches - sometimes combine with bicycle kicks
2 x 10 donkey kicks
2 x 10 leg lifts
2 x 20 bridges

I don't consider it part of the routine but I have class on the 5th floor, so I walk up to it.  and it's not one of those stairs that goes in circles, this one goes straight up.

Thursday -  (I go to planet fitness on this day via a friend's guest pass)
20-30 min cardio. 5 min cool down.
3-4 x 10 bicep curls (dumbell) on each arm. (just started using 20 lbs. was 15 before)
3-4 x 10 hammer curls on each arm.
3-4 x 10 bicep curls (barbell). (used 30, will try 40 this week)
3-4 x 10 tricep curls (20 lb dumbell)

Saturday - a bit of everything aside from the curls.
I try to jog more this day.

Sounds like a good plan. I couldn't do those now a days. Too much beer gut. How's your diet plan? Buffett?

'MELT AWAY WITH ME"

Offline Superan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2016, 03:51:54 PM »
Wow, you got it down. Good luck man!

'MELT AWAY WITH ME"

Offline Superan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2016, 09:39:55 PM »
It depends on your body fat and pounds but normally, your water weight are like 5 to 10 pounds before burning any sort of fat.  Water weight should came and go depending on the intake. Another mix factor are the salt intake and sodium, the more you take the more days it takes your body to get rid of it and can seem to add weight over night.

I wouldn't worried too much about rice intake if you are being active and it seems like you are.

Anyhow... I'm no pro but been there done that. Keepin the weight off is the hardest because we can't keep dieting, running, nor have a mental break down. The major fact you will want to know is that magic number you want to obtain that is reasonable. Once you get that magic number you will figure out a good life balance to keep it going.  O0

'MELT AWAY WITH ME"

Dom

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2016, 10:24:49 PM »
There were some people in here bit-ching about an fb page where Hmong people workout. Hopefully they know what they're doing.

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +246
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2016, 06:10:11 PM »
Last week was my first day at the gym. I work out from Tuesday to Thursday. Did some fly, squats and legs. Fly is killing my shoulders I can't even lift up my arms. And my squats made my thighs very tight. I was wobbling at the gym when I came out the door to my car. Shit.. I didn't know these machines will do this to me. This was my first time at the gym so.. guess you can say I'm still newbie. hehe. But I love it!

How often do you guys work out? I want to look good this summer. I don't even know what my body fat percentage is right now..maybe 18%.  I'm not too skinny nor too fat. I consider myself skinny fat. I appear to be skinny from a far distance but if you get close to me I have meat all over. Should I cut or build muscle? And is it possible to be in a great shape by August?

You are overkilling yourself. When you first get back to working out... do it slow and in a gradual manner. Don't overdo it and then have to wait for your soreness to heal. Once you go that route, you won't go back anymore. The best way to do weight training is to do it slowly and gradually add intensity and frequency.

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

FetishDream

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2016, 06:21:07 PM »
My gym membership expires so this year will be the first year in a long time that I am without one.  I'm going to try to get fit by eating right and be more active the natural way. 

So far, my booze drinking with my buddies ways are over compensating my healthy routines.  Getting a gut on purpose and at least I can have a goal by next year to lose it. 

I have a 6 pack all my life but trying to date hmong women, I feel like I have to gain weight and get fat just to blend on in with their families and photos.   :2funny:

Offline Superan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2016, 06:41:49 PM »
^^^ You forgot to add going out Viet Style.  O0

'MELT AWAY WITH ME"

HUNG TU LO

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2016, 11:08:25 PM »
The true bodybuilding physique as we know it - proportion, size, shape, etc. - is 90% genetics. You either have it or you don't. Aside from the muscles, the level at which you gain and lose fat, how your body reacts to physical activity, how your body reacts to carbs, proteins, vitamins and nutrients, are all set when you were still a fetus. Very little can change it and even the best gear (drugs) with the best doctor showing you how to use it will not yield much gain. And yes, even how your body reacts to (any) drugs have been programmed before birth.

I'm not talking about becoming these 240lbs+ guys in professional bodybuilding. I'm talking about just possessing the traits that would be deemed as "bodybuilding type". And that, sadly and unfortunately, is a rare thing. Think about how many people have gym memberships and go to the gym at least 3-5 times a week, been doing it for years. Now, think about all of the people you see every week, every day at the mall, at theme parks, at work, Hmong soccer tournaments... how many of these people look remotely bodybuilder? Believe me when I say it's mostly genetics.

Now, if you're just talking about looking great (however subjective that may be), that's easily attainable for anyone. To look good in a t-shirt and shorts, hey, keep working out and just watch what you eat. Anyone who works hard enough can walk around looking good. But to really have a bodybuilding physique as this post title suggests, that's a whole different thing.

I'm just sayin...

Offline Superan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2016, 12:45:48 PM »
The true bodybuilding physique as we know it - proportion, size, shape, etc. - is 90% genetics. You either have it or you don't. Aside from the muscles, the level at which you gain and lose fat, how your body reacts to physical activity, how your body reacts to carbs, proteins, vitamins and nutrients, are all set when you were still a fetus. Very little can change it and even the best gear (drugs) with the best doctor showing you how to use it will not yield much gain. And yes, even how your body reacts to (any) drugs have been programmed before birth.

I'm not talking about becoming these 240lbs+ guys in professional bodybuilding. I'm talking about just possessing the traits that would be deemed as "bodybuilding type". And that, sadly and unfortunately, is a rare thing. Think about how many people have gym memberships and go to the gym at least 3-5 times a week, been doing it for years. Now, think about all of the people you see every week, every day at the mall, at theme parks, at work, Hmong soccer tournaments... how many of these people look remotely bodybuilder? Believe me when I say it's mostly genetics.

Now, if you're just talking about looking great (however subjective that may be), that's easily attainable for anyone. To look good in a t-shirt and shorts, hey, keep working out and just watch what you eat. Anyone who works hard enough can walk around looking good. But to really have a bodybuilding physique as this post title suggests, that's a whole different thing.

I'm just sayin...

I agree with you but folks are not consistent nor patient enough to see thier fit results. Most of the time, they want instant gratification.

'MELT AWAY WITH ME"

CARLOS

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2016, 06:28:52 PM »
My advice is to go to bodybuilding.c om and check out the beginner's routines stickied in the workouts forum.  I started out a few years ago with the "starting strength" routine which focuses on progressive overload of the main compound movements such as bench, OHP, deads and squats. It's a strictly barbell routine which is much better than machines and much safer than dumbbells for someone getting acquainted to the gym. Utilize YouTube so you know how to do the lifts appropriately in order to prevent injuries.

You won't get ripped by summer but you'll be in much better shape if you pick an appropriate beginner's routine and stay consistent.

Offline YeejKoob13

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +10
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2016, 01:26:25 AM »
^^^Might as well tell the brother to do drugs if his goal at 115 for target weight.

That's not HIS target weight. Or it might be. Not sure... But I was suggesting that's the healthy weight for him in accordance to his height, lol.

Advertisements