Advertisement

Author Topic: Teaching in Laos  (Read 5774 times)

Xyooj96

Teaching in Laos
« on: February 08, 2016, 01:05:08 AM »
I'm thinking about going teaching in Laos. Some Hmong people still trying to keep their wounds from healing from the war. I've visited there a few times, and it's sad to see the standards of living for our Hmong people there.

I was thinking about teaching at the university there, but then I won't be able to help many Hmong students since so few of them would be there. Perhaps teaching at the primary and secondary schools?

share your thoughts...... thanks :)

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline duckwingduck

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +172
    • View Profile
Re: Teaching in Laos
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 03:12:37 PM »
Will the government pay you enough to live an OK life?  They pay their teachers $50 a month.

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 02:08:44 PM »
Will the government pay you enough to live an OK life?  They pay their teachers $50 a month.

My cousin is a graduate over there and teaching and $100 or less a month is all they get.  Not worth from what my parent told me. 

My daughter has a good Burgalarian friend and her parents became US Citizen about 3 yrs now even though their daughter was born here.  Her father is now in China on a 2 yr contact teaching Physics at one of the University.  I talk to her at the dentist since our kids all go to the same one.  She was like we're going back to visit during XMas break because they just went during Thanksgiving.  I didn't get a chance to asked about the pay, living, etc.  He's actually living in one of those housing.   

Xyooj96

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2016, 02:25:06 PM »

it's not about the money, there are certain things like education that money cannot buy. if I can help at least one kid to become a medical doctor each year, then i'm proud.

just need them pay for all my basic living expenses there :D

Xyooj96

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2016, 02:26:15 PM »
My cousin is a graduate over there and teaching and $100 or less a month is all they get.  Not worth from what my parent told me. 

My daughter has a good Burgalarian friend and her parents became US Citizen about 3 yrs now even though their daughter was born here.  Her father is now in China on a 2 yr contact teaching Physics at one of the University.  I talk to her at the dentist since our kids all go to the same one.  She was like we're going back to visit during XMas break because they just went during Thanksgiving.  I didn't get a chance to asked about the pay, living, etc.  He's actually living in one of those housing.

$100 is pretty sufficient for the basic living expenses there :)

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2016, 10:05:34 PM »

it's not about the money, there are certain things like education that money cannot buy. if I can help at least one kid to become a medical doctor each year, then i'm proud.

just need them pay for all my basic living expenses there :D

Well, you can just work on a farm and earn your food, room and board.

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Offline duckwingduck

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2016, 11:08:42 AM »

$100 is pretty sufficient for the basic living expenses there :)

That's enough to buy a pig on Laos.

dust

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2016, 07:59:08 PM »
If you are serious about this, a quick google search will be more helpful than asking on here.

I haven't used this website in years, but teachabroad.co m might have what you are looking for.

Jiggles

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2016, 04:10:34 PM »
It'd be nice to have donations for better education and life for our hmongs over there. If I ever won the lotto that would be one goal for me.

Offline duckwingduck

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2016, 03:59:55 PM »
Hmm.  You have to travel there and talk to the school officials. 

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2016, 10:47:47 AM »
It'd be nice to have donations for better education and life for our hmongs over there. If I ever won the lotto that would be one goal for me.

Don't worry about those Hmong in Laos... they're smart enough to lured all these OGs from the US to give them free money.

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Advertisements