Advertisement

Author Topic: The Ghosts We Leave Behind  (Read 9630 times)

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
Re: The Ghosts We Leave Behind
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2021, 03:10:26 PM »
What's in bold is good advice.  But I sometimes struggle with the "Don't dwell" part.  For myself, when I'm heavy in a moment, my mind is engulfed and dwells in that moment.  It's like I'm frozen, and it takes a couple of invisible self knuckles to the head to wake me up from that moment.  It takes awhile to move on.  But once I wake up and set my mind to moving on, I move on.

Rule of thumb to survive by.  Don't be a hopeless romantic type.  Our life is not like a hollywood movie kind of a script where we believed that if we would run to them while they board the last train out, they will somehow fall back into our arms. 

It is good to try if you want to witness the results for yourself but why? 

I'll tell you why.  I'm not a hopeless romantic kind of a person but I do want to see what the result would be had I try a movie script scene out in real life.  What this does is it gives you closer and with closer, you can easily move on because it is all that you can do and it is up to them to meet you half way but they don't want non of it so you walk the lonely road yourself. 

My problem is that I never love anyone enough to even try it.  Even if I do try it, I know myself that I'm just faking the funk to see if such experiment is working.  Even if it is working and she is willingly to forgive me, I'll just turn around and release her by the next day, the day after make up sex.

What an azzhole   :2funny:

Like this post: 0
X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Adverstisement

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +225
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2022, 01:45:40 PM »
We'll get there when we get there.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2022, 03:04:12 PM »
Rule of thumb to survive by.  Don't be a hopeless romantic type.  Our life is not like a hollywood movie kind of a script where we believed that if we would run to them while they board the last train out, they will somehow fall back into our arms. 

It is good to try if you want to witness the results for yourself but why? 

I'll tell you why.  I'm not a hopeless romantic kind of a person but I do want to see what the result would be had I try a movie script scene out in real life.  What this does is it gives you closer and with closer, you can easily move on because it is all that you can do and it is up to them to meet you half way but they don't want non of it so you walk the lonely road yourself. 

My problem is that I never love anyone enough to even try it. Even if I do try it, I know myself that I'm just faking the funk to see if such experiment is working.  Even if it is working and she is willingly to forgive me, I'll just turn around and release her by the next day, the day after make up sex.

What an azzhole   :2funny:

Because you don't have enough to give love. You don't love yourself enough to give anybody any.

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2022, 11:53:15 AM »
Can You live just to live? Are we foot notes in a far greater (endless even?) story?

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2023, 08:35:29 AM »
My coworker's wife made him get rid of his collection of 80's toys, vintage whiskey bottles and books.

That will not be me.

...anyone want to buy video game consoles from 15-20 years ago? They're in pristine condition.

Advertisements