Advertisement

Author Topic: Music memories  (Read 1289 times)

dust

Music memories
« on: February 17, 2016, 09:53:26 AM »
Sometimes a song comes on, and long forgotten memories will come rising to the surface.

This will be a list of songs and the memories associated with each song.

--

I saw a video on my facebook feed from a church Valentine's banquet. There was a cover of this song.

https://youtu.be/CVkx8DO97HQ

This song brings me back to high school, when I was young, impressionable and naive. I will be forever thankful that my parents were super religious and never allowed us to go out except for church activities. It of course, made me socially awkward, but kept me of out trouble. At this point in my life, the lyrics on this song truly resonated with me. I honestly believed that there was a man out there created specifically for me, and that one day I would meet him. I had to be careful and not be like one of those fickle girls chasing after boys. *sigh* Oh the days of innocence (pretentious ignorance).   

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

dust

Re: Music memories
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2016, 10:39:16 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_E2EHVxNAE

This song reminds me of my oldest sister M. I was just a kid, but it seemed like she always had a slew of boyfriends. She just had a way with her that drew people to her. She was a cheerleader and ran track until she got sick.

I don't remember all her boyfriends. I remember she had one named Cheeko. I only remember that because I thought it was such a strange name. The last one I remember was Doua. I remember him because one day he simply stopped coming around. This was when she had first started getting sick. When my other sisters and I asked her what happened to him, my sister told us he had died. Now that I am older, I can sort of understand why she would say such an inappropriate thing to us. Years later it was revealed that he had started dating another girl he had met when she had gotten sick. Apparently his new girlfriend looked similar to my sister.  :-\

I'm not sure which of her boyfriends gave her a cassette of this song. My other sisters and I would sit at the cassette player and rewind and listen to this song all day long. Kids these days have no idea. lol  ;D

--

I miss you M. I can't believe it's been nine years.

dust

Re: Music memories
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2016, 10:59:36 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocTdA8NytIc

I am lucky enough to have numerous girl cousins my age. Growing up, we always had each other. This song makes me think of when we were going through the Meteor Garden phase. We were at a relative's house house wrapping literally a thousand eggrolls for a wedding. We were watching Meteor Garden and chatting away, having a ball. Apparently we were going too slow for some of the older ladies and had to turn it off so we could focus on wrapping eggrolls.  ;D

Good times. Good times. :)

Advertisements