Advertisement

Author Topic: Apple and its problems  (Read 4720 times)

zena

Apple and its problems
« on: February 22, 2016, 04:11:08 PM »
I love Apple products but there are times when I wish Steve Jobs himself was still here to make sure Apple stays Apple.

There was a recent update to El Captain which disabled my printing from my Canon Inkjet.  The stress!  I also am hooked up to a HP Laserjet which had no problemo at all.  It printed like it always did.  Tried so many different ways to connect the Canon and nothing worked.  Initially thought it was Canon so updated the drivers.  Still didn't print.  All the research lead to something with IP address and Airport.  So, I unhooked my direct connect and set my Apple to Airport and put in the IP but it still didn't print. Was about to just call support but decided to try one more thing.  Googled so many different things and someone said to reboot the router.  So did that and finally was able to print with the Canon again.  It would have been nice if APPLE people actually told us of this hangup OR at least let us know that everything that has wireless capabilities goes through Airport now and required a router reboot.  Like I'm supposed to know this stuff?  I went two weeks without being able to print and clueless as to WTF happened.

I'm just glad I can print again but I've never felt so much headache from Apple before.  It shouldn't be like this.  It's Apple.  They are supposed to be hookup and ready.  No stress.  Boy, have the times changed.

BTW, last year had problems with my Wacom Tablet.  Compatibility issues and such.  Pain in the derriere.  Couldn't draw or edit because Photoshop wouldn't pick up my pen pressure.  It hurt so much I was in tears.  Initially thought it was Wacom and/or Photoshop but turned out, it was an Apple thing.  What is up with Apple?

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Sifu

Re: Apple and its problems
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 11:18:52 AM »
TBO, old Apple was a nightmare.  Even updated Apple can be a nightmare but it is nothing compared to old Apple.  People waited for years for drivers.  Some came, some didn't.  That's Apple but every preference has their stories. 

zena

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 12:53:47 PM »
True.

Btw, still can't hookup wireless to the Canon printer and have it work seamlessly.  I thought the issue was fixed but it's not until Apple has another update on El Captain to fix this issue and I hope they do fix it.  Now when I want to print from the Canon, I have to manually enter the IP address because it changes every day.  Luckily my HP Laserjet has no issues whatsoever.  My Silhouette die cut machine has no issues either...thank goodness because I did have issues with it a few months back but it was taken care of.

Offline duckwingduck

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +172
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2016, 12:18:05 AM »
I use a PC for work.  It's a piece of junk.  But work requires that I code in visual studio.  Even visual studio is trash compare to NetBeans.  Window Forms can't compare with Swing.  I feel Microsoft products are terrible. 

Like this post: +1

zena

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2016, 05:48:15 PM »
So.........tur ns out the "problems" were not Apple at all.  It was Canon!  The Canon, aside from not wanting to connect to my Apple computer, decided to stop printing.  It would feed paper through fine but nothing would print on the papers.  Finally had enough of this stress associated with not being able to print and not knowing exactly what the problem was (initially) so we returned the Canon and got an HP.

Costco is amazing.  We've had the Canon since 2013 and they still gave us the full refund including refund for the last inks we purchased (July of this year), which totaled $194.38.  The HP was $249.99, but there was also an instant rebate of $65, so we ended up paying only $10.61, which was part of the tax.  Tax was $20.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 05:55:59 PM by moonangel »

bulbasaur

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2016, 12:09:25 AM »
Some would argue that this is Apple being Apple. 

zena

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2016, 12:38:32 PM »
I am having a charger issue with Apple now.  >:(

Sifu

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2016, 02:54:30 PM »
Charger for what type of Apple product?  My MacBook pro had charging issues (crappy power brick design and a nearly exploding battery).

zena

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2016, 12:00:30 PM »
It's the charger for my phone.  It's gone bad.  I just need to replace it.  I'm glad it wasn't my phone.  I'm not ready to give it up yet.  It's the S5 so it's probably considered dinosaur these days but I love it.

zena

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2016, 07:49:16 PM »
I'm really missing the Canon printer.  It printed super awesome photos.  The HP all-in-one doesn't do so well printing photos but it does great printing on regular paper and cardstock.  Now after my iMac crashed, I've realized that it really wasn't Canon that was screwing up.  It was Apple.  I'm a bit angry.  I mean, Apple just isn't what it used to be when Steve Jobs was running it.  I'm really heartbroken.

...and I'm hungry.  Gotta go eat.

zena

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2017, 01:20:20 AM »
Last week, both my printers wouldn't print.  I do a ton of printing so I was getting nervous.  Downloaded the drivers, etc. but nothing seemed to work.  Deleted all the printers off the computer and re-added them.  Nothing worked.

So then, earlier this week, I saw that there were updates made to Sierra (mind you, I did check for updates when they weren't working earlier and there weren't any).  The updates were to add drivers.  Well turns out the drivers Sierra updated did not include the ones for both my printers.  Husband had to go searching for them and installed them and now they work.

Boy, do I really miss Jobs.  I think he would be so angry with issues like these.

Advertisements