Advertisement

Author Topic: s2000 vs Mazdaspeed Miata....  (Read 3860 times)

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
s2000 vs Mazdaspeed Miata....
« on: March 03, 2016, 08:33:52 PM »
This type here...

So anyways... I got into my s2k at the grocery store parking lot... and I see this miata with it's top down make a bee-line to me.  My roof was going down too.  The driver looked at me so I acknowledged him but turns out, he wanted to talk about my car!

He asked me if I had a little time to talk about my engine.

I said sure.

He said his just bought the miata, and he said his brother told him he should've bought a s2k. 

So anyways...

I told him it was a 2.2 liter 4 cylinder, the ap2 with about 237 hp.

I asked him about his... and he told me it was the mazdaspeed with the turbo... and then he hesitated when I asked him about how much hp it makes... he said it cranks out 178. 

I told him that's not bad, the car's light so I'm sure it's pretty quick.

His miata looked pretty nice, he went to tell me it's got an AEM filter on it, it's cat-less with an exhuast.

It sounded ok I guess... then when I watch him take off.. it looked decently fast.. but....

I think my s2k is way faster. 

Needless to say, we did not race, I guess he was just inquisitive about my car.  I just thought it was a bit odd that he literally pulled off the freeway and into the parking lot just to come ask me about my car.

I'm sure that car is still alot of fun to drive though.  It's like 300-400 lbs lighter than mine!

Like this post: 0
I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Adverstisement

Hitokiri

Re: s2000 vs Mazdaspeed Miata....
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 11:41:23 PM »
Comparing a S2000 to a the Mazdaspeed Miata is like comparing a Bobcat to a household cat. The S2000 is the bobcat - small but built tough and nothing to screw around with. The Miata is a house cat which sounds like an insult but it's not. A house cat is as pure as your can get when it comes to cats and is more efficient then other other larger cats. It may not have the power but it has the speed and the efficiency/feel that the S2000 just can't match. Each has its positives but it really matter if you're looking for pureness or something that has a bit more power.

Envy2

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 10:04:23 AM »
This type here...

So anyways... I got into my s2k at the grocery store parking lot... and I see this miata with it's top down make a bee-line to me.  My roof was going down too.  The driver looked at me so I acknowledged him but turns out, he wanted to talk about my car!

He asked me if I had a little time to talk about my engine.

I said sure.

He said his just bought the miata, and he said his brother told him he should've bought a s2k. 

So anyways...

I told him it was a 2.2 liter 4 cylinder, the ap2 with about 237 hp.

I asked him about his... and he told me it was the mazdaspeed with the turbo... and then he hesitated when I asked him about how much hp it makes... he said it cranks out 178. 

I told him that's not bad, the car's light so I'm sure it's pretty quick.

His miata looked pretty nice, he went to tell me it's got an AEM filter on it, it's cat-less with an exhuast.

It sounded ok I guess... then when I watch him take off.. it looked decently fast.. but....

I think my s2k is way faster. 

Needless to say, we did not race, I guess he was just inquisitive about my car.  I just thought it was a bit odd that he literally pulled off the freeway and into the parking lot just to come ask me about my car.

I'm sure that car is still alot of fun to drive though.  It's like 300-400 lbs lighter than mine!

It's not how big your penis is, it's knowing how well to use it. Unfortunately that miata driver doesn't know how to use his small penis.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2016, 11:20:01 AM »
And I was thinking....

I've never seen a stock s2000 take off before or accelerate by....

I did look up the 0-60 on the miata and... Honestly not that impressive..  But like I said, it did look decently fast...

So it got me thinking....th e s2k probably just looks like a rocket accelerating out compared to the miata...

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Sifu

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2016, 11:42:43 AM »
Only when the S2K hits VTEC bro!

Hitokiri

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2016, 07:49:20 PM »

I did look up the 0-60 on the miata and... Honestly not that impressive..  But like I said, it did look decently fast...

If you're looking for 0-60 times then the Miata is not your car. It only has 170 HP. The Miata is all about feeling, finesse, and doing more with less. Something Honda drivers use to understand and be proud of.  O0

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1329
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2016, 07:01:31 PM »

So it got me thinking....th e s2k probably just looks like a rocket accelerating out compared to the miata...

Not really. Looking at some numbers, looks like the s2k is about 1 second faster from 0-60 (mid 5s for the Miata, mid 4s for the s2k) as well as the 1/4 mile (15.0 sec for the Miata and 14.1 sec for the s2k). Therefore, the S2K is faster but not "way faster"...

If those things are important, I wouldn't even considered either model. I go for a C5/C6 Vette for the same money...

Offline Boost

• Jr. Poster
  • "Year Of The Dragon"
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2016, 08:09:17 PM »
My brothers 91 NA-T Miata put down 177whp & was still slower than my S2000 from a dig or roll.

GR Supra - Armaspeed, AWE, Function Werk, Forge, JB4..
S2000 - AP1 w/AP2 Swap, GT35, Haltech, AEM, Tial, T1R..
RX400h - Hybrid

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2016, 09:24:49 PM »
I don't think the miata ever ran mid 5's and don't think the s2k ever ran mid 4's.....   

But to each their own I guess!

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1329
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2016, 10:34:25 PM »
I don't think the miata ever ran mid 5's and don't think the s2k ever ran mid 4's.....   

But to each their own I guess!

My bad, I double checked the numbers to correct my error but it's still a second apart between the two cars and it's even slower: mid 6s for the Miata, and mid 5s for the S2K...Again, if those times and/or speeds are important, I would rather get a C5/C6 Vette for the same money.

Envy2

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2016, 05:00:20 PM »
Buying a s2000 or a miata for drag racing is like buying a GTR for drag racing. If 0-60 is your goal give me American Muscle with 2000 HP and a 9 second 1/4 mile trap time.

Like this post: +1

Advertisements