Advertisement

Author Topic: California Stripers Fishing Reports 2016  (Read 13883 times)

yuknowthat

California Stripers Fishing Reports 2016
« on: March 18, 2016, 09:40:08 AM »
I stopped going out to fish for stripers for 3+ years. Since this year seem to be raining a lot filling up lakes and rivers. I decide to buy a fishing license and new gears for fishing again. New beginner rod (Ugly Stick Gx2 medium-heavy action with Daiwa 300 spinning reel).
I Barely remember how to tie my hooks and drag lines for sink baits too. Lol.

Thinking of going out to the rivers to break in the new rod and getting back Into the game.

Any good reports on stripers? Heard knights landing is having competition derby for stripers.

What gears and lures did you use? Any tips and tricks?

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Im a Guy

• Jr. Poster
  • if u cont to do wat ur doing U will never get rich
  • Respect: +27
    • View Profile
    • Von.Yaj
Re: California Stripers Fishing Reports 2016
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2016, 04:39:32 PM »
Blood worm's and Pile worm's... Bro just caught one and lost another one... Heading out tonight. I report later. For lure's, Rapala, bomber's, and fluke's... The last few year's we be sticking to lure's...

Was going to head to Lake Pardee for trout but decide to go fishing for striper...

Nice man. I just bought my casting reel from Daiwa. Already caught upto 15 keeper striper with it. Very fun to fish for striper with it and the most is when they bite is outstanding...  ;D

Fishing is fun. Keep up with the sport. Life is too short, fish your favorite spot before your next adventure...

Not sure about the derby in KL but I let you know how I go, only if they come pick me up... lol =)

" YOUR GOVERMENT IS SELLING YOUR CHILDREN DRUGS, AND YOU DON'T SEEM TO CARE. YOUR OWN GOVERMENT HAS GIVEN AWAY THE POWER OF THE PEOPLE AND YOU DON'T SEEM TO CARE. WE ARE TRULY NOW A NATION OF SHEEP, AND LADIES AND GENTLEMEN. I ASSURE YOU THAT SHEEP ARE ALWAYS LED TO SLAUGHTER. "

milton william

Offline Im a Guy

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
    • Von.Yaj
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2016, 11:05:33 PM »
Its hot bro. Water is very high. It is dropping by the day's... We caught 2 and lost 2. Going back in the early morning. All the Hmong folk's I talk to had catch their limits...  8)   Blood Worm's is the bait. Buy them fast cause they are going fast... Bait shop sold 24 dozen in one day and will have new arrival by Monday... If there none left, just buy pile worm's... work too but not as effective as to the blood worm... We only spent about 2 half hour's of fishing that spot...  O0

Bought some new fishing line from J braid 20#. Made in Japan... $25.00 8)

« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 11:17:41 PM by Im a Guy »

" YOUR GOVERMENT IS SELLING YOUR CHILDREN DRUGS, AND YOU DON'T SEEM TO CARE. YOUR OWN GOVERMENT HAS GIVEN AWAY THE POWER OF THE PEOPLE AND YOU DON'T SEEM TO CARE. WE ARE TRULY NOW A NATION OF SHEEP, AND LADIES AND GENTLEMEN. I ASSURE YOU THAT SHEEP ARE ALWAYS LED TO SLAUGHTER. "

milton william

Offline Im a Guy

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
    • Von.Yaj
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2016, 11:39:53 PM »
So how did you do, youknowthat? It's hot out there... Lot's of Mein folks though and it is shoulder to shoulder kind of situation now...

milton william

yuknowthat

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2016, 07:22:12 AM »
Looks awesome. Went out to try out in sacramento river saturday evening.. Caught nada.

I'm thinking of stopping today at sportsman warehouse to take a look at the G. Loomis IMX and Shamano rods. Also the daiwa/abu garcia bait cast reels.

Offline Im a Guy

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
    • Von.Yaj
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2016, 04:51:59 PM »
...Where did you go?

milton william

FetishDream

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2016, 05:21:53 PM »
Nice to see some healthy looking striper. 

Kind of small but around this time, the 18 will have to do it for good meat.

Around here, the farm is pumping water out due to the rain and with running farm pumps, stripers are waiting for a free meal.  Got one on my fluke and fought for a minute but went unbuttoned. 

Had to leave the pump to try for large mouth and caught a few males but none lunker females. 

Going out there again in a bit to try my luck and to get my leg exercise going on.  Gotta enjoy this nice weather while it is still here. 

Good report guys. 

yuknowthat

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2016, 10:08:40 AM »
...Where did you go?
I was at somewhere in knights landing.

FetishDream

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2016, 03:31:46 PM »
Went out yesterday.  No pump was running so no striper. 

Had a good pump running that other day but I was only jogging the trail.  I knew that there were stripers in the system because a big seal was seen and he/she blew up right next to a kayak guy who was fishing with an umbrella rig.  Asked if he caught any striper and he said not today. 

Rio vista got stripers but a tad far for me.  Maybe I'll convince my hmong friend to do a rio trip. 

Offline Im a Guy

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
    • Von.Yaj
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2016, 04:28:52 PM »
 :)

« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 02:23:23 AM by Im a Guy »

milton william

FetishDream

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2016, 04:36:49 PM »
The tracy aquaduct has stripers.  My friends been thinning them out but they seems to come from somewhere that loads up that ducks.

He's a law biding citizens and no poach but somehow, he has a hording issue.  His freezer is filled up with stripers and the dude doesn't even eat them that that fast enough rate.  I told dude to just throw it back and eat all his fish first before reloading again.

I'm a delta water ways striper slayer by boat.  Can't wait to get my own boat but will not happen until I get marry.  The boat is for the family.  I got at least 20 spots for stripers in the delta and usually limit out after passing just 10 or so pass.  Few times limit out on the first spot and just fish for gills and large mouth the rest of the day after limiting out. 

Offline Im a Guy

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
    • Von.Yaj
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2016, 12:20:38 AM »
Yo bro youknowthat... They hitting good at below KL area... Saw five keeper striper today. We caught the 3 keeper. Blood worms and pile worm seem to be the trick... 1 hr fishing only...

milton william

yuknowthat

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2016, 04:49:14 PM »
hmmm... I should go try it out again..

Offline Im a Guy

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
    • Von.Yaj
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2016, 01:42:00 AM »
Get going yuknowthat... Let me know how you do. Few day's fishing at the usual spot. It getting slow due to the water current. But did managed to catch a few. Small school.

milton william

yuknowthat

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2016, 09:15:44 AM »
I went to bay area friday night/sat morning. Finally broke in my rods. Caught  24" and 23". Was a good action fight.

Advertisements