Advertisement

Author Topic: Is the educational system really rigged against blacks and latinos?  (Read 7056 times)

zena

Re: Is the educational system really rigged against blacks and latinos?
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2016, 11:47:30 AM »
So to answer the topic's question, no, it's not rigged.  You can see that they don't do their work, they choose not to listen and learn and now they want privileges for being a different race.

My examples from my childhood is just to show that that's what my experience was with Hispanics.  THere are good Hispanics out there because I've come across them and I think they're great, and as a whole they are good people, but my experiences were horrible.  I didn't ask to be bullied by them or to see them bully a good teacher but those experiences (there are tons more but not gonna share) have made me see them the way I do.  I don't hate them or have anything against but I can see how they are not successful.  They spend too much time fooling around and then expect to be rewarded for it.

btw, the majority of the blacks that I've known, whether ghetto or not were always nice and good.  In high school there was a gang member who sat behind me in Social Studies who was a really nice guy.  He got along with everyone at the school.  One day we heard on the news that he was shot and of course the next day at school he wasn't there and so on.  It was sad.  I've always wondered why he had to be in a gang when he was a good person and he wasn't super smart but he wasn't dumb.  He could have been something if he was still alive.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2016, 12:55:53 AM »
I strongly discourage parents from enrolling their child into a predominantly Black or Latino school district. Your child will get a subpar education because their peers (blacks and Latinos) lack the aptitude and motivation to take education seriously. There might be a few but the staff and administration will inevitably have to shift all their focus onto the majority of students who are failing. Any type of funds streaming into the school will be wasted on bulls.hit programs that focus on retention and family issues at home. That means no money for gifted students and those who actually want to learn.

Do whatever you can to move into white neighborhoods. If that isn't immediately possible then try to get your child into their school district. The money will be used to enrich student life and academics rather than on Carmen and Jose's ESL so they can help Manuel complete homework assignments. OR for the black schools, bulls.hit consultants who are hired to figure out the RIGHT curriculum in which black kids might actually learn the alphabet because for some reason they can't understand what everybody else is using.

Black and Latino school districts need too much unnecessary help. They are one step away from asking Asian kids to do their homework and take the tests. White liberals in public education keep enabling blacks and Latinos so there is no reason why they will ever change.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2016, 12:14:18 AM »
moonangel,

It's horrendous in any school district that is predominantly Latino or black. That black kid was like that because he was outnumbered. If he had been at a predominantly black school you would've seen a very different side of him.

zena

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2016, 03:05:07 PM »
I honestly don't know what is causing them to fail in academics.  It could be environment and/or DNA.  I personally know that I love advancement and new technology and I'll give up culture to move forward.  I think I see culture not something to continue but something to do and learn from and move forward.  For instance, I don't believe that Hmong people need to pick their own rice in the rice fields in Laos.  I think the smart thing to do is work in the city and as a group, save up the money to buy a rice cutting machine and invest in that to do the work of a hundred people picking rice.  Sell the rice to the world and with that money, build roads and get clean water and a hospital in place.  You can still practice the art of the culture but you don't need to remain 3rd world.  I was watching a video my mom was playing at her house yesterday...a cousin had gone to Hmong China and gave a video to my parents.  I was just shocked at how 3rd world they were living.

I guess my conclusion is, people can learn and get out of poverty but something in their upbringing or DNA just isn't thinking that way.

zena

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2016, 03:10:38 PM »
moonangel,

It's horrendous in any school district that is predominantly Latino or black. That black kid was like that because he was outnumbered. If he had been at a predominantly black school you would've seen a very different side of him.

That would be true.  I think because he was in a gang, he died by a gang. He lived in the ghetto and was bused to the school.  I wasn't bused...I was actually completely out of district so my sister drove us and then I think my parents took me and my younger sister after my oldest sister graduated or something.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2016, 01:38:55 AM »
moongangel,

It comes down to mentality and values. For decades the black community has been destroyed by the Democratic Party through government entitlements. It pays to be a victim in America. This is why the regressive Left is always creating reasons to be victims. If enough people play victim then the government will eventually bend.

When you think of how many policies have been enacted to benefit women, blacks and Latinos, there should be no reason for any of them to feel victimized. If they feel disappointed in life then it's because they make poor decisions, have bad money management, or like THE REST OF US "SOMETIMES SH.IT JUST HAPPENS".

zena

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2016, 09:08:28 PM »
moongangel,

It comes down to mentality and values. For decades the black community has been destroyed by the Democratic Party through government entitlements. It pays to be a victim in America. This is why the regressive Left is always creating reasons to be victims. If enough people play victim then the government will eventually bend.

When you think of how many policies have been enacted to benefit women, blacks and Latinos, there should be no reason for any of them to feel victimized. If they feel disappointed in life then it's because they make poor decisions, have bad money management, or like THE REST OF US "SOMETIMES SH.IT JUST HAPPENS".

I don't believe that it's pure mentality and values.  I believe some of it has to do with genes/DNA because how is it that some people who are brought up in poverty can become successful?  I think maybe there is a gene for victimization, where some have a lot of it, some have some a little bit of it, and some have none.  Those who have none tend to be very successful.  Those who have a lot of it will always blame others for their failures and expect others to provide for them.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2016, 11:02:13 PM »
moonangel,

Since the Civil Rights of the 60s, the breakdown in black families have been deteriorating because of welfare and liberal ideology. When blacks were slaves and segregation was widely accepted, the black family was actually more intact. The same thing can be said about Hmong families. Where do you think we see the most corrupted Hmong communities? Yep, California, Minnesota and Wisconsin where there are large "liberal DEMOCRATIC-supporting" Hmong. The divorce rate in these communities is through the roof. It's not untypical to see men fathering children with more than one woman and women having children by more than 2 men.

I could go on and on about these Hmong communities.

james

« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2016, 08:08:28 PM »
If education is defined as learning materials and/or (subject matter) and NOT other things e.g., social interactions, then this topic is being perpetuated to fuel racism AND is irrelevant. If you want to obtain knowledge on a subject AND If you live in the US AND you have at minimal a 8th grade level education, (and probably even if you were locked up in prison) you will most likely have equal access to FREE EDUCATION 24/7 with/without a teacher. Pick up a damn book and read it.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2016, 01:25:17 AM »
If education is defined as learning materials and/or (subject matter) and NOT other things e.g., social interactions, then this topic is being perpetuated to fuel racism AND is irrelevant. If you want to obtain knowledge on a subject AND If you live in the US AND you have at minimal a 8th grade level education, (and probably even if you were locked up in prison) you will most likely have equal access to FREE EDUCATION 24/7 with/without a teacher. Pick up a damn book and read it.

For many Asians the school place is an environment for learning subject matters that will help them excel in the work place. For Latinos and Blacks, school is an environment to vent social issues and a home away from home. Many black children do not come from adequate homes. They rely on school staff to parent them. This is why underperformin g schools, which tend to be black and Latino, typically use state and federal funds to run programs that really don't have much to do with actual learning.

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2016, 01:40:50 PM »
The education system is not rigged.  It just that the Dub and Mev are lazy and don't want to do anything.  I don't feel sorry for them because we are all given the same opportunity.  There is no excuses for thinking one school in a better location is better than another.  What matter to me is that if you're willing to take learning seriously then you would do what it take to have good grades, asked teacher question, get help, etc.  When your teacher address concerns to your parent then make sure your parent do something and not just said you're dumb let get you nyiaj ssi. 

Dub and Mev find school as a way to vent their home problem but at the same time the law required them to be in school otherwise if not don't know how many kids would stay home.

Mev boys when they are 12-15 yo they have been in juenvile hall or a jail cell before seeing a college dorm.  Just today reading in the newspaper a 15 yo got shot by a homeowner for robbing around 10:30am on a school day.  Good thing the homeowner was home but that little Mev pulled out his gun and they exchanged fire but he was the one that got hit on his arm and ran out and dropped every items he tried to steal and went to the hospital.  Even a client of my husband told him that her 14 yo son don't want to go to school or do anything but would have a backpack full of spray can and 9/10pm go graffiti feeding.  If you as a parent don't admit that something is wrong with your kids then you will keep blaming it that everything is unfair and rigged. 

Mev girls many of them disappeared in middle school because they are pregnant.  Continuation school just about everywhere is flooded with Mev students.  If not for those Mev students I don't think continuation school would even exist beside those student who are fall behind in school.  By the time they are 20 yo they have 2-3 kids. 

For Dub I'm not aware of them when it come to education because we don't have a large population here.  For those that I know come from decent family in my neighborhood and already retired.  If not basketball or football then there is nothing for Dub boy either. 

When it come to Asians....... we take learning seriously and it don't matter if the school is in the ghetto south side.  It is nice to see Asian kids always getting award but they do deserved it. 

Offline nightrider

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +48
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2016, 11:17:01 PM »
You folks are starting to sound racist.lol Of course, can't blame anyone for that it's just what the statistics point to, another words generalization ...

#1 parental support guidance

#2 household income, poor family will always have less time to do especially on time and material support.

I think if everyone looks into these two things, it would make sense why so many kids are failing. Everything seems to point to the parents & students. Poor neighborhoods or poorer schools will continue to be over stressed and over burdened with the current plans in place. Rich neighborhoods or rich school will continue to perform better than the poor urban city schools where the student population are likely to be 80% and above for white, mid to upper middle class.

Someone mention about moving to the rich folk neighborhood so their kids can attend a well funded school. -So the question is, how can a family move to a rich neighborhood if they are poor in the first place? As with the current plan, poor kids are stuck with poorly funded schools... It just can't be helped.

Advertisements