Advertisement

Author Topic: Bisexual and Lesbian  (Read 5841 times)

m00891941

Bisexual and Lesbian
« on: April 14, 2016, 09:13:08 PM »
I'm looking to get to know girls who are in the same boat as me. Message me, and let get to know each other.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

m00891941

Re: Bisexual and Lesbian
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 11:54:53 AM »
Thanks, only if there's more people are supportive.

Giggles_Shyly

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 12:07:37 PM »
The majority of supporters will be young adults, new generation of Hmong indivduals. Information knowledge bases will lead to more supporters, you just need to know how to reach/open them up to the idea or concept of it.

Did you know that there is a support group that has been formed in MN, which supports Hmong same sex orientation relationships. I red it somewhere, can't quite remember where, my apologies. But if you do your research you should be able to find it with ease.

Don't give up hope about support. Persevere and live loving who you want regardless of sex orientation.

Like this post: +1

Giggles_Shyly

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2016, 12:36:49 PM »
 ;D

Giggles_Shyly

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2016, 02:45:46 PM »
 ::)

m00891941

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2016, 06:28:41 PM »
The majority of supporters will be young adults, new generation of Hmong indivduals. Information knowledge bases will lead to more supporters, you just need to know how to reach/open them up to the idea or concept of it.

Did you know that there is a support group that has been formed in MN, which supports Hmong same sex orientation relationships. I red it somewhere, can't quite remember where, my apologies. But if you do your research you should be able to find it with ease.

Don't give up hope about support. Persevere and live loving who you want regardless of sex orientation.

Thanks Giggles_Shyly for your advice, I've heard about support groups in MN but I'm CA yet I'm not openly to anyone other than my siblings. Maybe someday when I find someone, I can truly open up myself to my parents because I know for a fact that they will not support me.

Offline nightrider

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +48
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2016, 11:55:02 PM »
Come on people... Get real! "I support LBGT. But I don't want you or your gay kid hanging out with my kids." Almost all parents that said they are in favor of LBGT, they all have concerns for their own children. I'm just confused when people say they support LBGT but at the same time drawing a line. I just really don't know where people's supports are...

m00891941,
I'm sorry that you had to be one. Even being normal is hard enough to find your other half. I can just imagine how much harder it is for those that are different. It's hard for people and even your parents to accept that you are what you are. But there's nothing that can be done about that, they will have to swallow the truth eventually. Because it is what it is, nature isn't perfect, people and animals alike can be born different and the world needs to just recognize that. I hope someday you'll find your other half.

m00891941

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2016, 05:06:13 AM »
I'm not a girl so definitely not in the same boat.  But I am in support of LGBTQ* .
If ever in need to talk. feel free to send me a PM.

There are definitely people out there in the same boat as you as well as supporters.  It may take time to find out who they are or them coming out to you.  But it'll happen when it happens.

With time more and more will be open to the idea.  We still live in this Masculine hetero-dominant society.  It'll change.  Especially with Hmong people, just at a slower rate.

Thanks anonymouse, sometime talking to strangers is better than friends (:

m00891941

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2016, 05:14:04 AM »
Come on people... Get real! "I support LBGT. But I don't want you or your gay kid hanging out with my kids." Almost all parents that said they are in favor of LBGT, they all have concerns for their own children. I'm just confused when people say they support LBGT but at the same time drawing a line. I just really don't know where people's supports are...

m00891941,
I'm sorry that you had to be one. Even being normal is hard enough to find your other half. I can just imagine how much harder it is for those that are different. It's hard for people and even your parents to accept that you are what you are. But there's nothing that can be done about that, they will have to swallow the truth eventually. Because it is what it is, nature isn't perfect, people and animals alike can be born different and the world needs to just recognize that. I hope someday you'll find your other half.

A little part of my life, my parents (mom) would support others but not their child or a friend of mine would support but not want their child to be a part of the LBGTQ person. Thanks nightrider, for understanding a pov..everyone struggle and sometime being alone is better than being recognize differently.

Giggles_Shyly

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2016, 09:27:48 AM »
The struggle is real among young LBGTQ especially Hmong people, I have a few nephews who like same sex genders and it was very hard for them to come forth to tell their parents. The parents are from a much older generation, they have never heard of such a thing among their clan members nor anyone close to them. The thought of their own child claiming such statuses were shocking. One cousin even deny the news and said their child has been possessed by the evil spirits. Took him to expel the spirits from his body. Restricted him from doing things with other people because they felt their child was being pushed to become what he was becoming. The other cousin however, his parents disapproved of the news and hid the truth from everyone but as young adults, news travels fast. He was not afraid to tell us and so among the youth it was known while among the the parents, it was pushed aside and forgotten.

I talked to my parents about this and they said they are open to the subject, they would not discriminate nor shun relatives just because the are LGBTQ.

Support groups are great and everyone there have similar stories, so they can relate. Family is blood, regardless of what/how they feel, they will always be your family. They just need to get use to the new you and how you are once you reveal your true self to them. They will accept you, perhaps not now but with time, they will. Don't be afraid, a family's bond is stronger than you may think.

Giggles_Shyly

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2016, 09:39:30 AM »
 :2funny: you wish Tai Lau ::)

r3b1rth

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2016, 03:14:31 PM »
I'll be honest... I used to be extremely weirded out by lesbian and gay.

It took me years and years to get to the point I am at now but back then I didn't get it. Back in 2006 I met a gay guy who wasn't openly gay but I can tell there's something off. He was funny as hell so after a while I accepted the idea that gay guys are funny. Then later on I met more gay guys that were openly gay and they are so emotional and have so much drama. I can connect to them as a woman and they were of course funny.

When I met the first openly gay woman, it was at work. At the time I was close minded to gay/lesbian marriage but work is work I will have to process paper if people get married. She was a senior person and she was afraid of being judged for getting married to another woman even though she was leaving. It was late at work and no one was there except for me so since I'm a friendly and social person I was talking to her, finding out about her issues and problems and it opened my mind that "wow, as close minded as I am, I am still compassionate to her cause." So in a way it helped me to be accepting of her.

Just last year, I went to a new workplace... I met a lesbian girl who's married to a woman (with 2 kids). I was really weirded out but she was like a dude. She was really funny and she never trusted me because she said that I was insincere (my smile was), lol. I am a genuine, but I couldn't hide the fact that I was kind of weirded out at first, so after a while my smile became a joking smile that was too much lol, and I think she played along. Anyway, I ended up thinking she was cool. When we got drunk, it was non-stop laughter, just like gay guys, she's funny. I became more accepting.

Around the same time, I met a girl, she asked me if I was straight. I looked at her and said, "Damn straight as an arrow." So she said, "I just like to ask because people tend to assume for me." I'm like, okay cool. Then I thought about it and ...it all came to me. She's bi??? Anyway, I couldn't straight up ask her at the time so me and a friend ended up prodding around and got the answer from her during lunch time. She was pretty straightforwar d saying that she's Bi.

Anyway... I was kind of weirded out hanging out with her. I liked her as in she's a nice and caring person, but how can a girl like both guys and girls, I didn't get it. And I think by her body language, she was kind of "flirting" with me? I mean, who licks their lips while talking to another person. Who looks at another person in a super caring tender way. She said she thought I was cute when she first met me. And one day I looked at her and she squeaked with glee, "ee, your eyes are so cute." Huh? It was weird. I was so weirded out I would be kind of an **** in a joking manner. After a while she didn't look at me the same and she didn't talk to me licking her lips the same way. LOL. I am not sure if she liked me at the beginning but it seems that way. Anyway, we work really well together and I found out she's a pretty hardworking and such a nice person that I wanted to help her out. So after a while, I became more sympathetic toward her cause and accepted her the way she is. Now I can accept Bi's.

I haven't met a tranny yet... I don't know how I can keep handling these situations but it's real. And I think ultimately, how people chose to love doesn't matter, as long as they are good people, it's whatever. They all seem to be pretty cool people so what do I care. I don't know what else to say but be who you are and love yourself. I'm straight and my life is pretty hard, lol, I can't imagine how hard it is but you'll find the right people/person.

I joke around a lot but I'm always free to talk.  ;D

DJ-Jayce

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2016, 05:06:15 PM »
Props to you for being honest with who you are and stepping forward, it really gives courage to those who maybe in a similar situation.

I agree with the supportive replies. It's tough being bi/gay/lesbian in the US, even worst in the Hmong community. I only know 1 relative that has openly admitted to being bi/gay/lesbian. Currently she's happily married. Just sad that she waited until her mid 30s before she had the courage to be open about it. Surprisingly, most of the relatives within our branch of the clan are in support even a few elders.

Also support those who fall into the trans-category. Transsexual, transgender & transvestite.

Personally haven't met a transsexual. Freshman college, dormed with 2 transgenders on our floor. Two cool guys, wasn't long before most in our dorm were referring to them as "girls and her." Those who were offended basically asked for new dorm assignment during the 1st week. Only met a transvestite once, Cali NY he was Hmong. Could of been a transgender as well, never inquired about his sexual preference. Cool dude. His makeup was on point, he could give pointers to most Hmong girls that attended.

Advertisements