Advertisement

Author Topic: Christian Wedding Remarried  (Read 4243 times)

m00891941

Christian Wedding Remarried
« on: April 15, 2016, 07:15:51 PM »
Just wondering, is it true that once you're divorce..you are not allowed to marry in a Church?

A friend of mine that is Christian got married and did her wedding outside of their Church. With no question asked, my other friends and I were clueless especially on a hot day. Days later, we heard that my friend's husband was a divorce man and that was why the wedding was done outside of the Church because the Church does not allow divorce people to marry inside the Church.

Maybe this only refers to some Church but why?

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Buttercup

Re: Christian Wedding Remarried
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 12:04:44 AM »
When the pastor asks who forbids these two from getting married there could be people there who will object because he was once divorce.  According to the bible, if his wife is still alive, it would be considered adultery while he marries another woman.  The pastor already has a guilty conscience, why make it worse?

Like this post: +2

yuknowthat

Re: Christian Wedding Remarried
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2016, 12:28:28 PM »
it shouldn't matter if you are divorced or not. It seems to be more of the people's problem then it's own beliefs. Such a low faith these people have. ::) ;D  Even God has bigger hopes and faith that second time around for them would be a better.  ;)

Like this post: 0

Advertisements