Advertisement

Author Topic: Speaking of the minimun wage going up to 15 bucks an hour...  (Read 14806 times)

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +456
    • View Profile
Re: Speaking of the minimun wage going up to 15 bucks an hour...
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2016, 12:05:43 AM »
I'm bumping this thread.

Well it sure looks like those who protested for the wage hike just dug their own graves.

After some states passed the wage hike, some employers like McDonald's are rolling out kiosks.

It doesn't take a psychic to see that one coming.

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Sleipnir

« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2016, 10:20:13 AM »
I'm bumping this thread.

Well it sure looks like those who protested for the wage hike just dug their own graves.

After some states passed the wage hike, some employers like McDonald's are rolling out kiosks.

It doesn't take a psychic to see that one coming.

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Not to long ago...  I went through a McDonald's drive thru to grab a happy meal for the kid...  and when I got home, they gave me a 4 piece instead of the 6 I asked for and they charged me for....  and I'm just thinking...  "and you want $15/hour"... pfff....

I'm not saying we should eliminate the minimum wage, I just don't agree with doubling it overnight.  Maybe small increments to track with inflation...  but wages, at the bottom and at the top, should truly be market driven, not by politicians. 

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +456
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2016, 12:22:15 AM »
Not to long ago...  I went through a McDonald's drive thru to grab a happy meal for the kid...  and when I got home, they gave me a 4 piece instead of the 6 I asked for and they charged me for....  and I'm just thinking...  "and you want $15/hour"... pfff....

I'm not saying we should eliminate the minimum wage, I just don't agree with doubling it overnight.  Maybe small increments to track with inflation...  but wages, at the bottom and at the top, should truly be market driven, not by politicians.

I heavily agree with you there.

I've had to deal with some seriously lazy employees at those big box retailers. No way do they deserve $15/hr. I know hair stylists who don't start at that and they had to get training!

Advertisements