Advertisement

Author Topic: what about the other religion?  (Read 15257 times)

zena

Re: what about the other religion?
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2016, 03:06:57 PM »
Also, my faith helps me realize the good life I have now and realize the good life I've always had even when I was poor and even when all those negative things were said to me.  Because I've learned that God put me in those paths to make me strong and to give me the opportunity to feel freedom.  I don't know why God has chosen some of us (our parents...I think we were all to young or not born) to make it to the US safely back when Vietnam just ended.  I mean, I sometimes wonder why my parents were not the ones staying behind or that died by an underground mine.  They had a relative who accidentally stepped on one and the blast took his leg off.  He had just gotten married and he and his wife couldn't continue going so they hid behind a bush.  I asked my Mom if she thought they lived or died and she said....she said...she doesn't think they made it because the Vietcong were right behind them looking in the bushes and everything.

Things like that.  And there are more things in life that lead me to believe there has to be something greater.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2016, 03:15:48 PM »
But lets not stop at religion between Catholics, Muslims, and Protestants trying to gain power over the other.

We see it in other areas that may or maybe not be religion related but it is power related.  For instance the Hmong people lost all of their culture to China's Emperors.  A whole culture wiped out.  Was it religion?  Maybe.  Maybe not.  But definitely power. 

Japan almost had Korea until WWII when Russia and China stepped in and then led to Korea splitting into North and South.  Lots of Korean-Japanese died just because they owned land that the Japanese had originally claimed then released.  Lots of South Koreans died too, fighting, and some believed North would be better than South only to learn once they moved into North territory that they would end up doing hard labor for the rest of their lives and never have the opportunity to move up...go to college, make more money, join the military, etc.

And the Jews.  It's religion related but it was vicious and cruel and so many innocents died just for their faith.

And then you think about your own country, the USA.  The Civil War killed more US soldiers in one war than international wars.

It's really good to know that we are free to believe what we want to believe without fear that we would have to die for it.  And when I say believe, I mean non-believers as well because that is in essence a belief something.

I drive many cars
They are all good
Trust me.

As long as they don't broke down lol

Now how are you sooo sure 100% your God is the right one?
When there is so many religion out there
Ask yourself that question

Those ISIS fighter. Those are hardcore believer willing to blow them self up

God did not created man...man created god

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2016, 03:17:47 PM »
Also, my faith helps me realize the good life I have now and realize the good life I've always had even when I was poor and even when all those negative things were said to me.  Because I've learned that God put me in those paths to make me strong and to give me the opportunity to feel freedom.  I don't know why God has chosen some of us (our parents...I think we were all to young or not born) to make it to the US safely back when Vietnam just ended.  I mean, I sometimes wonder why my parents were not the ones staying behind or that died by an underground mine.  They had a relative who accidentally stepped on one and the blast took his leg off.  He had just gotten married and he and his wife couldn't continue going so they hid behind a bush.  I asked my Mom if she thought they lived or died and she said....she said...she doesn't think they made it because the Vietcong were right behind them looking in the bushes and everything.

Things like that.  And there are more things in life that lead me to believe there has to be something greater.

I think you should go with hindu or Buddha

Those religion will teach you to be a better person
They believe life is a struggle until you reach enlightenment

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2016, 03:24:42 PM »
And how are you so sure those two will lead you to be a "better person"?
How are you so sure these two are better than others?

I don't

That's why I " think"

Thats I am not a believer

Now why do you think Christian is the truth?

zena

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2016, 03:51:22 PM »

I drive many cars
They are all good
Trust me.

As long as they don't broke down lol

Now how are you sooo sure 100% your God is the right one?
When there is so many religion out there
Ask yourself that question

Those ISIS fighter. Those are hardcore believer willing to blow them self up

I'm glad your car works for you.  THat's how it should be.  Go with what you like.

What do you mean is my God 100% the right one?  To me, it's the only one so there is no right or wrong.  It's like asking, is earth the right one for you? Um, it's the only one.

zena

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2016, 03:57:25 PM »

I think you should go with hindu or Buddha

Those religion will teach you to be a better person
They believe life is a struggle until you reach enlightenment

I've learned those religions btw and have friend and neighbors who are those religion but they will not fit me, although, I do like some aspects of them.  I've grown into my faith and it can't be taken away just like that.  Plus, I'm very loyal to my faith.  The people that I knew growing up who taught me about God and life and history and stuff about the Catholic faith have a place in my heart that can never be replaced.

And about being a better person. I think you are misunderstandi ng it all.  It's not that I need to be taught to be a better person.  I am good.  That is how God made me.  A good person.  But because of my struggles, things that I have no control over, I need God to keep me on my path.  He has a purpose for me in this lifetime and I want to live it out. Do you see what I'm saying?

And no, I don't believe that life is a struggle until you die and the it becomes all great.  I believe life itself is special.  You don't have to wait until a certain time to love it.  You gotta love it and live now.  No way will God give you this wonderful life and withhold it until you die.  It's meant to be lived while you are alive and breathing.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 04:07:19 PM by moonangel »

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2016, 04:38:20 PM »
I'm glad your car works for you.  THat's how it should be.  Go with what you like.

What do you mean is my God 100% the right one?  To me, it's the only one so there is no right or wrong.  It's like asking, is earth the right one for you? Um, it's the only one.

What about the others God's?

Like Zeus, Horus, Allah, durga, God of Abraha, etc.....???

Are those God fake or real?  Since you already pick your god

FetishDream

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2016, 05:01:42 PM »
1099 - The Roman Catholic Army kill over 70k Muslims.

And if you are thinking that this is too long ago, then try...

1941 – 1945 The Roman Catholic Ustashi kill 1 million Serbians.

And if you are thinking that these examples do not count because they fall under "misread" or "misinterpretat ion," then also consider that the Pope also has Papal Infallibility.

The list of oppression really goes on and on...

Another dumb dumb still in the dark ages.  Learn some from the mouth of a crusade historian. 

"So what is the truth about the Crusades? Scholars are still working some of that out. But much can already be said with certainty. For starters, the Crusades to the East were in every way defensive wars. They were a direct response to Muslim aggression—an attempt to turn back or defend against Muslim conquests of Christian lands.

Pope Urban II called upon the knights of Christendom to push back the conquests of Islam at the Council of Clermont in 1095. The response was tremendous. Many thousands of warriors took the vow of the cross and prepared for war. Why did they do it? The answer to that question has been badly misunderstood. In the wake of the Enlightenment, it was usually asserted that Crusaders were merely lacklands and ne’er-do-wells who took advantage of an opportunity to rob and pillage in a faraway land. The Crusaders’ expressed sentiments of piety, self-sacrifice, and love for God were obviously not to be taken seriously. They were only a front for darker designs."
http://www.crisismagazine.com/2011/the-real-history-of-the-crusades

zena

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2016, 05:02:04 PM »
What about the others God's?

Like Zeus, Horus, Allah, durga, God of Abraha, etc.....???

Are those God fake or real?  Since you already pick your god

I'm not sure if they are fake or real.  My guess is at one point they were real but legend has twisted and turned them into magical things.

I think you also misunderstand the "picking."  It's more than just one reason to follow a religion.  I struggled with religion for a long time but in time, when I most needed God, it was the one I grew up with.  The one I was taught to respect and believe in.  If I was brought up another religion and had good experience, I may not have been Catholic, and that would have been okay.  Even if I was brought up Shaman, I would have followed the Shamam religion and that too would have been okay. 

The "picking" is not just because I like it.  It's more than that.  I grew up in it.  My mother was a Catholic nun, the Catholic missionaries were good to my mother.  My dad was Shamanism but converted to Catholic because it called to him.  I respect my parents, therefore, I followed their faith, whatever it was.  As I got older I understood why they followed the faith and thus, I do it too.  My mother is an amazing woman and every prayer that she has said, has worked in her favor.  She is truly amazing.  An angel.  Yes, she was hard on me but I try to look at that in a good light.  I've become a strong woman because of her.  I put up with a lot of !@#$ and went through a lot of hell to get to where I'm at and it's all made me stronger.  Yes, I do have my moments of weakness.  of failure. of fear.  But, I remember the strength of my parents and what helped them and how it has helped me.  So I choose Catholic because it ties into everything I ever knew.  It's who I am.

FetishDream

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2016, 05:23:25 PM »
I'm not sure if they are fake or real.  My guess is at one point they were real but legend has twisted and turned them into magical things.

I think you also misunderstand the "picking."  It's more than just one reason to follow a religion.  I struggled with religion for a long time but in time, when I most needed God, it was the one I grew up with.  The one I was taught to respect and believe in.  If I was brought up another religion and had good experience, I may not have been Catholic, and that would have been okay.  Even if I was brought up Shaman, I would have followed the Shamam religion and that too would have been okay. 

The "picking" is not just because I like it.  It's more than that.  I grew up in it.  My mother was a Catholic nun, the Catholic missionaries were good to my mother.  My dad was Shamanism but converted to Catholic because it called to him.  I respect my parents, therefore, I followed their faith, whatever it was.  As I got older I understood why they followed the faith and thus, I do it too.  My mother is an amazing woman and every prayer that she has said, has worked in her favor.  She is truly amazing.  An angel.  Yes, she was hard on me but I try to look at that in a good light.  I've become a strong woman because of her.  I put up with a lot of !@#$ and went through a lot of hell to get to where I'm at and it's all made me stronger.  Yes, I do have my moments of weakness.  of failure. of fear.  But, I remember the strength of my parents and what helped them and how it has helped me.  So I choose Catholic because it ties into everything I ever knew.  It's who I am.

You know that in the movies, freddy kruger's mom is also a nun? 

Bless you child for you are the anti christ.   :2funny:

I'm just joking.  In history, there are retired priest who went and got married.  Retired husband went to become priest and I think a few popes falls into such category. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sexually_active_popes

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2016, 08:24:28 PM »

There are many religion out there.
There is no way to tell which is real

Since there so many religion and like almost each of those religion has a God/goddess

There is no way to tell the fake from the real.

They can all be fake or real.
Who knows

bulbasaur

« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2016, 03:59:10 AM »
*yawns*  Since you want to talk about "ignorance," let's do it...

1.  The First Crusade was ordered by Pope Urban II. 

2.  Because the Pope has Papal Infallibility, then his commands are religious commands.  Thus, all those people you listed were following a religious command.  Maybe they had their own personal agendas, but that doesn't change the fact that the entire crusade was ordered by the pope. 

What was that about being ignorant?   :2funny:

To say that Religion was responsible in 1099 is just being ignorant. Who led the the primary army that captured Jerusalem? It was Hugh I, he was a younger son and did not have the throne of France. What else could a man do but to go out and try to establish his own Kingdom. Raymond IV, Count of Toulouse, established the County of Tripoli in what is now Lebanon. Many of the leaders of the First Crusade were not established in their own countries. They had ambitions of their own, hence they were part of the First Crusade.

It is no more than a land grab by the lords of Europe , using Religion as the primary catalyst. The only "misread" or "misinterpretat ion" is by you.

bulbasaur

« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2016, 04:07:25 AM »
*yawns*

It's not an attack, it's simply stating facts.  At no point did I say one religion (or lack thereof) is better than another. 

This is an attack on one religion.  You pretty much pulled the Catholic religion out for its crimes yet you forget that the Catholic people were nearly wiped out in 300 by the Roman Empire.

I am not standing up for the Catholic religion.  They have done their wrongs.  Every religion has.  So really, it's not the religion that does these horrible things.  It's the people who use religion for their own purposes and power and every religion will have people like that.

bulbasaur

« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2016, 04:20:11 AM »
WTH?  Open up a history book.  The pope ordered the First Crusade, and the pope has papal infallibility.

You must think name-calling and insults make a good argument if you think that you couldn't have said it any better.  Just give it more than a 2 second thought, and you would realize that this guy's comment makes no sense.  Even if all those soldiers killed all those people all by themselves, they were there by the pope's orders.  And do you really think the pope thought he could have an entire crusade without killing anyone? 

Think of it this way, why can a mob boss be found guilty of crimes that he himself did not actually commit?  It's because of racketeering.  The mob boss created the order.  Similarly, the pope, with papal infallibility, created the order.  Unlike the mob boss, the pope actually represents the religion. 

So  maybe you can't write it any better, but that doesn't make it right. 

Two more emoticons.   :2funny: :2funny:

Said it better than I ever could.  Catholics or atleast followers of Catholicism may have been responsible, but the religion itself in it's original context may have been very different.

bulbasaur

« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2016, 04:24:46 AM »
Before we figure out who is the dumb one, please tell us which team was younger in Super Bowl 50?  If you can't get your information correct, why do you think your analysis is correct? 

Two more emoticons for you.   :2funny: :2funny:

Another dumb dumb still in the dark ages.  Learn some from the mouth of a crusade historian. 

"So what is the truth about the Crusades? Scholars are still working some of that out. But much can already be said with certainty. For starters, the Crusades to the East were in every way defensive wars. They were a direct response to Muslim aggression—an attempt to turn back or defend against Muslim conquests of Christian lands.

Pope Urban II called upon the knights of Christendom to push back the conquests of Islam at the Council of Clermont in 1095. The response was tremendous. Many thousands of warriors took the vow of the cross and prepared for war. Why did they do it? The answer to that question has been badly misunderstood. In the wake of the Enlightenment, it was usually asserted that Crusaders were merely lacklands and ne’er-do-wells who took advantage of an opportunity to rob and pillage in a faraway land. The Crusaders’ expressed sentiments of piety, self-sacrifice, and love for God were obviously not to be taken seriously. They were only a front for darker designs."
http://www.crisismagazine.com/2011/the-real-history-of-the-crusades

Advertisements