Advertisement

Author Topic: what about the other religion?  (Read 15333 times)

bulbasaur

Re: what about the other religion?
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2016, 04:33:15 AM »
For you people who use the argument, "But my people were oppressed.."

Guess what?  That does not give you the right to oppress others.  If anything, it is supposed to give you the empathy to NOT oppress others.  Pointing out how your people have been historically oppressed by others does not give you the right to oppress them.  It makes no sense.  And if you are Christian, it really makes no sense given what Jesus preached. 

Christians were fed to the lions hundreds of years ago.  Does that give Christians the right to oppress others now? No. 

If anything, all your complaining about how people have mistreated you only supports hmgrock that religion is bad, or at least is ambiguous. 

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2016, 04:42:11 AM »
Before we figure out who is the dumb one, please tell us which team was younger in Super Bowl 50?  If you can't get your information correct, why do you think your analysis is correct? 

Two more emoticons for you.   :2funny: :2funny:

Now which dumb dumb says that the pope urban calls for the first crusade? Check your facts because historians will say that the first crusade was a call for support by the Byzantine emperor. 

Hey dumb dumb.  You blame on the chicken or the egg?  :2funny:

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

bulbasaur

« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2016, 04:56:09 AM »
*yawns*

1.  Did the pope call for a "recapture" of the "holy lands" or not? 

2.  Does the pope have papal infallibility or not? 

3.  Is this the ONLY example that can be used to show how the Catholic church, through papal infallibility, has degraded people throughout history?  Even if you don't want to count this one, there is a long list.  Heck, I originally listed TWO, you people are only focused on one.  Even if I give you the benefit of the doubt on THIS one, there is still the OTHER one....and many more that I didn't bother to list. 

What was that about dumb dumb?   :2funny: :2funny:

Now which dumb dumb says that the pope urban calls for the first crusade? Check your facts because historians will say that the first crusade was a call for support by the Byzantine emperor. 

Hey dumb dumb.  You blame on the chicken or the egg?  :2funny:

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2016, 05:13:27 AM »
*yawns*

3.  Is this the ONLY example that can be used to show how the Catholic church, through papal infallibility, has degraded people throughout history?  Even if you don't want to count this one, there is a long list.  Heck, I originally listed TWO, you people are only focused on one.  Even if I give you the benefit of the doubt on THIS one, there is still the OTHER one....and many more that I didn't bother to list. 

What was that about dumb dumb?   :2funny: :2funny:

So out of the blue, pope urban calls for a religious war?

So it is his idea and he gets all the credit?  Learn your history to be dumb less.  It was a military campaign in response to an aid by order of the Byzantine emperor. 

Yawns  :2funny:

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2016, 07:35:15 AM »
What about the other religion?

Are they fake?

God did not created man...man created god

bulbasaur

« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2016, 09:02:14 AM »
*yawns*  Just answer the questions.  It's not that hard. 

So out of the blue, pope urban calls for a religious war?

So it is his idea and he gets all the credit?  Learn your history to be dumb less.  It was a military campaign in response to an aid by order of the Byzantine emperor. 

Yawns  :2funny:

zena

« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2016, 10:30:52 AM »
*yawns*

It's not an attack, it's simply stating facts.  At no point did I say one religion (or lack thereof) is better than another.

You didn't share your "facts" about other religions so of course it was an attack.  But it's okay because you come across like you don't like certain religions so no point in making you see things clearer.

zena

« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2016, 10:34:21 AM »

There are many religion out there.
There is no way to tell which is real

Since there so many religion and like almost each of those religion has a God/goddess

There is no way to tell the fake from the real.

They can all be fake or real.
Who knows

Exactly.  Thus, no worries which ones are fake or not.  It's no one's business.  I mean, even Athiests, you can't know if it's real or not.  You could be a non-believer and when you die, see God and Jesus, etc. and think !@#$ it's real.  Or you could be a crazy believer and die and there's nothing.  Nada. So yeah, what's the big deal. 

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2016, 12:16:46 PM »
*yawns*  Just answer the questions.  It's not that hard. 

Just answer my question, it is not hard.  Who is the dumb dumb that says that the pope calls for the first crusade like it is his own project to do so?  It was not his project to begin with.   You and the rest of your ill informed kind needs re education.  It is not hard or you can always learn something from me.  If you call me a dummy, you should and could always get schooling from a dummy.   :2funny:

flyin15sec

« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2016, 01:40:33 PM »
*yawns*  Since you want to talk about "ignorance," let's do it...

1.  The First Crusade was ordered by Pope Urban II. 

2.  Because the Pope has Papal Infallibility, then his commands are religious commands.  Thus, all those people you listed were following a religious command.  Maybe they had their own personal agendas, but that doesn't change the fact that the entire crusade was ordered by the pope. 

What was that about being ignorant?   :2funny:

Please come down from your high horse with this "yawn".  Get in with reality and stop living in your facade. You make a good point about the Pope being Infallibility and his command was a religious command. However, based on your reasoning, there were not more than 60,000 Christians in all of European Christendom. That was roughly the size of the first true Crusader army. 60,000 thousand.... out of millions of Christians.... .let that sink in.

Now you still think men were moved by a Papal command or their own ambitions?

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2016, 01:51:44 PM »
Please come down from your high horse with this "yawn".  Get in with reality and stop living in your facade. You make a good point about the Pope being Infallibility and his command was a religious command. However, based on your reasoning, there were not more than 60,000 Christians in all of European Christendom. That was roughly the size of the first true Crusader army. 60,000 thousand.... out of millions of Christians.... .let that sink in.

Now you still think men were moved by a Papal command or their own ambitions?

His command is not a religious command.  A religious command is finding something in the bible and say that god wants you to kill all atheist  :2funny:

His command was seeking volunteers to aid a cause that was not his initial idea in the first place.  A command of mandatory is not the same as a command where there is a proposition like do this and your sins will be forgiven. 

Didn't know the pope has his own organized army like how every nations have theirs.  The volunteers during the 1st crusades were common people of the fields. 

flyin15sec

« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2016, 01:52:49 PM »
*yawns*

Once again, your using minor details to fit your agenda. The Utashi were made of Nationalists, Facists and Catholics. Aren't you painting a broad brush here?

This broad stroke is the same as saying that if a Hmong person killed a Muslim out of hate and that Hmong person also happens to believe in Animism, than all people who practice Animism are at fault and share the same hate sentimentality towards Muslims. Yeah right...

Please bring up all those other examples, there are so many many out there. The fact of the matter is, religion doesn't factor into the actions of men. Men have freedom of choice, and they are responsible for their own actions.

flyin15sec

« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2016, 01:56:33 PM »
His command is not a religious command.  A religious command is finding something in the bible and say that god wants you to kill all atheist  :2funny:

His command was seeking volunteers to aid a cause that was not his initial idea in the first place.  A command of mandatory is not the same as a command where there is a proposition like do this and your sins will be forgiven. 

Didn't know the pope has his own organized army like how every nations have theirs.  The volunteers during the 1st crusades were common people of the fields.

You got me mixed, I NEVER said it was a command. I simply retorted back to someone else, on how ludicrous that statement was.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2016, 03:48:16 PM »
You got me mixed, I NEVER said it was a command. I simply retorted back to someone else, on how ludicrous that statement was.

I am talking to you about the ludicrous things he said.   I am talking to all that agrees to such commands or there lack off. 

Politically correctness is what it is called.  Free education for those that do not yet know like dude.

bulbasaur

« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2016, 01:03:10 AM »
*yawns*

Someone stated that there was an established religion that does not degrade people.  I don't need to list every example from every religion.  I only need one example from one religion to simply prove his statement false. 

If any one of us comes across as not liking other religions, it is you.  I have always been a proponent of freedom of religion. Where did I ever say that one religion (or lack thereof) is better or worse? 

You didn't share your "facts" about other religions so of course it was an attack.  But it's okay because you come across like you don't like certain religions so no point in making you see things clearer.

Advertisements