Advertisement

Author Topic: Jehovah's Witness  (Read 3189 times)

Online Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +377
    • View Profile
Jehovah's Witness
« on: April 27, 2016, 08:37:22 PM »
Has anyone heard this kid of organization? Does anyone been to their Kingdom Hall (congregation meeting)?

Like this post: 0
There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Adverstisement

Online Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Jehovah's Witness
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2016, 09:01:02 PM »
I say I had. There's a Hmong dude ask me to go to their congregation and I went there to see it for myself. In front of the curtain they're nice people, but behind the curtain they're bunch of hypocrites. They're pretty the same as other churchgoers. Some are acting high and mighty. Some are gossiping and backstabbing. Everything I learned so far from their organization led me astray. Lucky me I hop on my magic carpet and flew out of there.   

Online Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2016, 07:03:33 PM »
Heard about them.  I don't know much.  If I recall correctly.

They are the ones I met at school who believe that God is Archangel Michael or something like that. Didn't spend too much time talking to them.

I only asked about death and what happens after it and was told that nothing happens. You just cease to exist.

I did have a Hmong client once who told me about her experiences with the organization, but it was called Jehovah's kingdom (same thing maybe?)

- She was a walk in client hoping to receive assistance with the citizenship process. The moment She walked into the intake room with me.  She started crying.  I just gave her the box of tissue and sat there.  after 5ish minutes she calmed herself and told me.
She told me about how, she lost her Son back in Laos (I forgot why).  She made it to America with her husband.  He passed away a few years ago.  She fell into a depression. which led to her being let go from her job. Her depression only got worse.  Eventually she was evicted and lost her way.  She said I reminded her of her son.
One of our intake questions was how did they hear about the agency or who referred them.
She was taken in by the Jehovah people (?) .  They gave her a place to stay, food to eat, clothes to wear, referred her to places like the one I was interning at.  They got her back on her two feet. 

I didn't do anything really. I just talked to her.  Mailed out the forms.   And that was it.  I went on winter break.  Came back, and I was informed they are moving through with the process.  She'll be on her way to receiving her citizenship in a few months.  Called her, congratulated her. And that was about it.

So I don't know.  From the client's perspective, they sound amazing.

One of the JW members told me the same thing about Archangel Michael. He said Jesus's real name Michael and the son of Jehovah.
The Hmong dude I mentioned earlier said that Jesus doesn't exist today, only exist back then. (I thought if Jesus doesn't exist how can we get saved when Satan tempt us to sin).

zena

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2016, 05:31:22 PM »
There is a Jehovah's church down the street from my neighborhood.  I pass it every day when I take my daughter to school.  It's a big church and it's gated.  The mail box sits on the outside of the gated church...I thought that was interesting.

btw, did you know, the late Prince (the musician) was a Jehovah?  He was an amazing guy.  Never cared what religion he was (or any one else's). 

Online Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2016, 07:34:38 PM »
There is a Jehovah's church down the street from my neighborhood.  I pass it every day when I take my daughter to school.  It's a big church and it's gated.  The mail box sits on the outside of the gated church...I thought that was interesting.

btw, did you know, the late Prince (the musician) was a Jehovah?  He was an amazing guy.  Never cared what religion he was (or any one else's).

Nope, I didn't know the late Prince was Jehovah. If he was he could've save me from evil temptation.

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2016, 06:29:23 PM »

We have a small JW church in town.  Don't know how big is their congregation or member.  We did had a couple who did a few bible lesson every Tuesday at our home but it was just my husband.  I will be upstairs as I keep myself away from anything that has to do with the bible/church.  I used to make fun of my husband that while I grew up as a Christian but the day I married him I don't bother anymore while he's always debating but is the one allowing all these bible lessons to happened in our home.  I guess he didn't want to be rude until he had a good reason to tell them he's too busy.  They are not big on targeting Hmong as Mormon yet but they do have a Hmong lady who does all their translation if we attend Sunday service with them we will meet her. 

This couple is alright until one day they took their 30's something son to the clinic.  My husband didn't know until he went out to the main lobby to greet the person.  It was for 3-4 sessions.  My husband couldn't understand the couple because they are so decent looking but to have a son who is...........

We have a friend with the Mormon church.  We attend a few of their service.  They did bible study with my husband until he told me to tell them that he is going to be too busy working OT and maybe when he is more free then they can continued again.  I'm like why don't you tell them yourself...... ...  One of the elder is leaving once his contract is over and going back home to Utah to start college at Brigham Young University.  I never knew this college has strong ties to Mormon.  He told us that his parents have 14 kids.  I guess these Mormon are no jokes. 

If you listened to those young Mormon elder talk about how they become a elder or whatever...... ....... It got to be some of the most crappy stories you'll hear.........

The Mormon church here target a lot of Hmong but when you go to their Sunday service no one is there except a few of those who are strong believer.  You asked them how they became or choose Mormon or go to church........ ..same stories as everyone...... .......someone in the family is sick........ch urch help.......... convert....... .etc.  One thing about Mormon church they don't have offering. 

FetishDream

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2016, 06:33:24 PM »
The last few times them guys approaches me is when I was by myself and all alone like an easy bait or target for them to either give me something or tell me to join their crew. 

We ended up talking about the book and what they think and what I think their thinking is wrong with all sorts of references to sway them away from their church. 

They ended up leaving me alone.  I felt liberated.   :2funny:

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2016, 07:17:37 PM »
I say I had. There's a Hmong dude ask me to go to their congregation and I went there to see it for myself. In front of the curtain they're nice people, but behind the curtain they're bunch of hypocrites. They're pretty the same as other churchgoers. Some are acting high and mighty. Some are gossiping and backstabbing. Everything I learned so far from their organization led me astray. Lucky me I hop on my magic carpet and flew out of there.

That is how church is like.  The one you see often at church are the strong believer that can sometime be crazy at times.  Look at all those pastor out there who we keep hearing every once in a while is being charged this and that.  Church to me was never my thing.  I'm glad I didn't end up marrying a Christian guy.  Church is place for either the old people or kids.  Teenager and young adult don't fit in anymore because their weekend is dealing with more important thing then sitting in a church for 2-3 hrs. 

Trust me CMA church seem to be so hypocrites.  A lot of thing they come up with that is not allowed or unacceptable that has to do with Hmong culture/custom.  They set it themselves for others to followed which is why you can see there is no love between the Christian Hmong and the Shamanism/traditional Hmong.  Hmong Shamanism show more respect and have no problem while Hmong Christian always got to point out everything is not acceptable or not allowed or is wrong. 

The CMA church here in our town.  I already know some of the faces of the strong believer even though my husband is not a Christian but he's well like and known to the Hmong community here so it is easy to established a good friendship with them.  Most know that I come from a 90% clan and is niece to one of the popular pastor.  Their new church is just down the street from my house.  I have not step foot inside but my husband and kids have because they attend their grand church opening. 

Online Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2016, 11:51:02 PM »
That is how church is like.  The one you see often at church are the strong believer that can sometime be crazy at times.  Look at all those pastor out there who we keep hearing every once in a while is being charged this and that.  Church to me was never my thing.  I'm glad I didn't end up marrying a Christian guy.  Church is place for either the old people or kids.  Teenager and young adult don't fit in anymore because their weekend is dealing with more important thing then sitting in a church for 2-3 hrs. 

Trust me CMA church seem to be so hypocrites.  A lot of thing they come up with that is not allowed or unacceptable that has to do with Hmong culture/custom.  They set it themselves for others to followed which is why you can see there is no love between the Christian Hmong and the Shamanism/traditional Hmong.  Hmong Shamanism show more respect and have no problem while Hmong Christian always got to point out everything is not acceptable or not allowed or is wrong. 

The CMA church here in our town.  I already know some of the faces of the strong believer even though my husband is not a Christian but he's well like and known to the Hmong community here so it is easy to established a good friendship with them.  Most know that I come from a 90% clan and is niece to one of the popular pastor.  Their new church is just down the street from my house.  I have not step foot inside but my husband and kids have because they attend their grand church opening.

Both CMA and JW have in common: baptism, praying twice before and after the sermon (standing up), singing about God, have to wear suit every meeting, learn about the bible thoroughly. In the bible, it did mention about not to be like the hypocrites standing and praying in the synagogue.   

Offline Gracified23

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +59
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2016, 08:26:26 AM »

That's just your subjective opinion since you are judging them. However, from a Christian or biblical point of view koj yuav kev deb heev. You are just as lost as the bible said. And wrong.  O0

Did you know the bible said those who does not believe are already condemned? Go learn that one.

If you have to charge church people for being hypocrites then that already tells a lot about yourself. You are only reflecting on yourself. You think you're all that and want to separate from church people.. but the truth is you are the one that is alienated from them.  For example, I know some Christians who doesnt go to church and they charge church people of being hypocrites for this and for that. But the truth is it was them! They never particpate in church activities. So the problem isn't the church. The problem is YOU. They never want to pray with us. They never want to sing together. So please.. dont accuse us of being hypocrites when they are the one that dont want to fellowship with us. Church is for fellowship, it's not for kids to go there and play games.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 09:01:10 AM by Gracified23 »

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +225
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2016, 10:08:22 AM »
Before I got to the part where you said they are the same as others, I was already going to say...  That sounds like all other churchgoers. atleast the Hmong ones. lol
How much do they pay to be a member of that organization?

I've heard some CMA churches requires something like 5-10% of your monthly income.  o.o crazy. even if it's tax deductible.

Tithes or Tithing is a the practice of giving 10% of your wealth and belongings to the church in support of the church.

Advertisements