Advertisement

Author Topic: Dark Skin vs. Light Skin and Cosmetic Surgery  (Read 4893 times)

zena

Dark Skin vs. Light Skin and Cosmetic Surgery
« on: April 28, 2016, 01:25:11 PM »
With doing research on makeup and skincare within the last month or so, I came across something interesting, and that is how we perceive the color of our skin and the way we look.

Initially, I was looking for new makeup, specifically foundation on YT, searching for reviews and such.  In the West the makeup is heaving with contouring, thick lashes/fake lashes, matte lipstick usually in red or brownish nude, and smokey eyes.  The foundation are usually at skin color and then powdered with a tanned powder or contoured with a tan color.  The body is tanned either on a tanning bed or out in the sun to get the supposedly good glowing tanned look.

In the East, the makeup is mostly on the lighter colored side, lipstick is pink and put on to look like you've licked a lollipop.  Eye makeup is minimal and shimmery, eyeliner is winged to make the eyes appear larger, and blush looks like cheeks are just naturally flushed.  The East put a lot of effort in protecting their skin so that it doesn't tan so they have super high SPF sunscreen with the UVA/UVB and PA+4.  They wear hats and sunglasses and long sleeves to protect their body from the sun's damaging rays.

When I read the reviews on how the Koreans have whitening products (to whiten the skin), the Westerners comments would say things like, "Don't whiten your skin and be like white people.  You should love your natural tanned or darker skin."  YET, in the West, people are tanning and loving tanned skin and no one is saying, "Don't tan your skin, you should love your natural pale skin and not want to be like dark skinned people."  They are saying, "Love your tan!" or "What products did you use?" etc. Why is it wrong to whiten your skin and not wrong to tan?  If there was a medication or cream that could turn a Western white skinned person tanned forever, I'm pretty sure a ton of people would take it.  Yet, when a dark skinned person takes medication to whiten, it's wrong.

Also, where cosmetic surgery is concerned, a lot of Koreans have gone under the knife to get the small nose, v-shape jawline, and big eyes and the Westerners complain that they are trying to look like Americans when Americans themselves have done serious teeth surgery (veneers) and orthodontic surgery to have beautiful perfect straight teeth, not to mention, they also do stuff like botox, juvaderm, rhinoplasty, yet the Western people judge the Koreans for their cosmetic surgeries.  And, why is it such a bad thing to have breast augmentation?  It's like gossip when someone learns that someone had breast surgery, yet it's okay to straighten our teeth or get tanned or remove the fat from our bellies after losing a ton of weight?

We are a people of vanity and I think if the procedure is there to make one feel good about themselves, go for it.  People shouldn't judge one type of procedure over the other.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 01:28:31 PM by moonangel »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Giggles_Shyly

Re: Dark Skin vs. Light Skin and Cosmetic Surgery
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 01:58:46 PM »
I believe that individuals should be happy how they are and do not have to change. Medical reason yes, but if you are changing just to feel more confident, no.

People don't realize that in the long run, it can impact your life. All the chemical/surgeries you are putting on/in/through your body. Who knows what it does.

Just be confident in your own skin as is.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 02:03:01 PM »
I am only this ugly because i can not afford it.

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

zena

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2016, 02:20:35 PM »
I believe that individuals should be happy how they are and do not have to change. Medical reason yes, but if you are changing just to feel more confident, no.

People don't realize that in the long run, it can impact your life. All the chemical/surgeries you are putting on/in/through your body. Who knows what it does.

Just be confident in your own skin as is.

But, do you see how misleading that is though?  What is considered medical reasons?  What if mentally, you don't think you look good unless your nose looks the way you want it to.  Is that not for medical reasons?  To be confident is not just accepting your features on the outside.  It is accepting how you feel about yourself completely.  If your nose just doesn't make you feel whole, then why not get the nose surgery to make yourself feel whole.

A good example would be myself.  I had really bad teeth.  They were all crooked.  My parents told me to accept myself the way I was but when I went to parties and tried to get a boyfriend I was too embarrassed to smile.  My teeth, aside from being crooked were strong and healthy.  When I did smile, I felt that people were disgusted by my smile.  Not only guys but girls too and adults as well.  I'd cover my mouth when I did have a big laugh and people would say, "Why do you cover your mouth when you laugh?"  After I had braces I had such a beautiful smile with perfect straight teeth, people would always tell me I had a beautiful smile and it made me shine.  I wasn't afraid to laugh anymore and I was able to talk to guys freely without feeling like I had to hide something.  It gave me a ton of confidence.

If I were to work again and work with people, I would definitely whiten my teeth, get envisalign, and possibly veneers.  I love beautiful teeth and a beautiful smile.

Some people prefer big eyes or light skin.  Why can't they fix themselves to have those things that will make them more confident when I can fix the things I want to make me feel more confident?

« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 02:22:52 PM by moonangel »

zena

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2016, 02:22:07 PM »
I am only this ugly because i can not afford it.

Ugly is too big of a word.  You could mean ugly on the inside and that is something no surgery can ever fix.

Like this post: +1

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2016, 02:29:37 PM »
You mean like driving a pinto with a Mercedes sign on it.  Just don't let the world know that it's really a pinto. 

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2016, 02:32:13 PM »
What would be a world be like if everything is artificially superficial?

Giggles_Shyly

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2016, 02:32:17 PM »
Medical reasons would be: breast augmentations due to breast cancer.

Teeth? I to had to get some teeth pulled due to my mouth being too small and wore braces because the dentist said my teeth might shift. Before that I would bite the inside of my cheeks a lot. My dentist said I had to remove some teeth to avoid my issue. Now I feel much better and glad I did it.

I understand your situation because our faces are the first thing people generally look at verse anything else. Perhaps if someone was mentally unstable because of their appearances, altering the body is a classified as a mental medical situation. Just like people who starve themselves to be skinny, even though they are skin and bones already.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 02:48:33 PM by Giggles_Shyly »

zena

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2016, 02:37:50 PM »
You mean like driving a pinto with a Mercedes sign on it.  Just don't let the world know that it's really a pinto.

If your girlfriend or wife wears makeup, then she's already the pinto with the mercedes sign.

Like this post: +1

zena

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2016, 02:38:51 PM »
What would be a world be like if everything is artificially superficial?

We are already there.

zena

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2016, 02:46:29 PM »
Medical reasons would be: breast augmentations due to breast cancer.

Teeth? I to had to get some teeth pulled due to my mouth being too small and wore braces because the dentist said my teeth might shift. Before that I would bite the inside of my cheeks a lot. My dentist said I had to remove some teeth to avoid my issue. Now I feel much better and glad I did it.

I understand your situation because our faces are the first thing people generally look at verse anything else. Perhaps if someone was mentally unstable because of their appearances, altering the body is a classified as a mental medical situation. Just like people who stave themselves to be skinny, even though they are skin and bones already.

If someone felt that they're body was too big for their boobs, they have every right to get bigger boobs.  A lot of women, after giving birth and breast feeding, lose their boobs or it sagged and they have every right to put their boobs back to what it was before and even to enhance it and make it look better.  There are also women out there who are born with one breast smaller than the other and they can and should balance their boobs out to feel better in a bikini or swimsuit and they can also enlarge it too if it will give them more confidence.

My daughter didn't need braces.  Her teeth were fine but we got her braces anyway.  She had a minor overbite but it didn't require braces.  She is a lot more confident with braces for some reason but she had never complained about her smile.  It was always beautiful but now, her smile will be perfect.

Yes, it can be considered a mental disorder for some.  But for others, it's just simply to feel more confident.  Just like people who tan.  We should tell them not to tan and stay pale because it's healthier to be pale and stay away from the sun then to tan and get leathery skin when they get older.

btw, Gwen Stefani has implants.  She was completely flat chested and now she looks good.  Not that I'm judging her but I think she feels good about it and that's what matters.  I liked her before and I like her the same now...I was just intrigued in a good way.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2016, 02:50:00 PM »
The people who are against are the naturally beautiful people.  They uses their natural to win contests and needs artificially enhanced people for a comparison. 

Make up is also a disguise but is not a permanent one.  Artificials are pleasant to the eyes yes but it does not pass the touch test. 

My face is real so if a chick wants to slap me, i will not flinch.  Had if it was artificial, i would misbehave to get slap in the first place. 

Just like drop low rider cars.  I wouldn't sport it because i do not believe in babysitting my car when going over speed bumps.  You are wearing an investment on your face and body so take it real easy over them speed bumps ya hear?  :2funny:

Giggles_Shyly

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2016, 02:57:54 PM »
Females with bigger breasts develop back issues later in life and to turn that around for females who want better breast to boost self esteem, not classified as a medical condition.

Confidence and mental issues have a fine line. For example, you have more than X amounts of surgery to enhance your look, you can be considered a mental case. If you are brave and can go under the knife to resolve the issue, nothing is wrong with that or immoral. You just might be doing your body more harm than good in the long run.

Even staying in the sun too long is bad for your health, but then again we need to absorb vitamin D  :D

zena

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2016, 03:02:39 PM »
The people who are against are the naturally beautiful people.  They uses their natural to win contests and needs artificially enhanced people for a comparison. 

Make up is also a disguise but is not a permanent one.  Artificials are pleasant to the eyes yes but it does not pass the touch test. 

My face is real so if a chick wants to slap me, i will not flinch.  Had if it was artificial, i would misbehave to get slap in the first place. 

Just like drop low rider cars.  I wouldn't sport it because i do not believe in babysitting my car when going over speed bumps.  You are wearing an investment on your face and body so take it real easy over them speed bumps ya hear?  :2funny:

Did you know that in Cambodia or one of those far east countries that there was an issue with "natural" beauty when it came down to getting selected to complete for Miss Universe because a lot of those girls have face and body surgery.  There is no way to tell.

...why would you want to be slapped? 

Like I said, wait until you have a wife or girlfriend or if you already have one, sooner or later, they will need to fix those wears and tears: color grays, botox, facials, boob lifts, etc.  You name it.

zena

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2016, 03:12:27 PM »
Females with bigger breasts develop back issues later in life and to turn that around for females who want better breast to boost self esteem, not classified as a medical condition.

Confidence and mental issues have a fine line. For example, you have more than X amounts of surgery to enhance your look, you can be considered a mental case. If you are brave and can go under the knife to resolve the issue, nothing is wrong with that or immoral. You just might be doing your body more harm than good in the long run.

Even staying in the sun too long is bad for your health, but then again we need to absorb vitamin D  :D

I'm not talking about overly doing something.  I know there are those people who over do things but this is just surgery enough to build self-confidence.  This refers to someone like I mentioned who might have one large breast and one small breast.  They don't need to fix this at all.  But in reference to self-confidence, they would feel uncomfortable.  If they had breast surgery to fix this to feel better in a swimsuit or tight fitting t-shirts, it would be a great thing.  How is this different then someone who has two small breasts who want to go slightly bigger or someone who has normal breasts that does no damage to their back who choose to go smaller?

That's right about the sun but how is that people who tan are cheered and people who lighten their skin are looked down on and told they are trying to look Western?

Advertisements