Advertisement

Author Topic: 2016 Honda Pilot Elite  (Read 6194 times)

Sleipnir

Re: 2016 Honda Pilot Elite
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2016, 02:07:25 PM »
That what I did never got to see the inside of the Highlander with the 3rd row seat at the shop.  My husband plan was the 3rd row seat Rav4 model.  Never saw one too until I was down at my parent and the dealership is just 3 blocks from their house.  I saw the Rav4 with 3rd row seat and had the kids test it out and it had no leg room.  Took pictures to prove to my husband that it is not for us.  Probably 1-2 week later went back to the dealership and just that morning the Highlander with 3rd row seat option was in the front lot with balloons.  I test drove it and just got it. 

I hate my Highlander.  I don't even drive it anymore.  My husband refused to trade it even it is already paid off early then the original term.  The dealership is always sending out letter to buy or trade in pre owned model. 

I haven't seen the Pilot at the dealership just on the road but as far as size it about the same as the CRV.  I like the look of the old boxy one but not the seatbelt for 2nd row or middle seat.

I drove the highlander, the new ones, last year and I did not like it at all.  It felt very 'sluggish' and didn't have the power i would expect from an SUV.

Interior was "OK", and much better than smaller SUVs like the CRV and Rav4...  but the 'sluggish' feeling was not forgivable for me.  With plans to tow recreational and fishing boats and ATVs with it fully loaded on long hauls, I just didn't want to not go big enough.

I'm a big vehicle person, so I really liked the Sequioa.  It's big like my current tundra, but it drives more like a car even though it uses the same truck frame and same engines, brakes, drivetrain, etc...   No issues towing.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Sleipnir

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2016, 02:10:46 PM »
Any car I get I stick with base model because the price tag jump.  Not going for limited or special edition.  No one really have time to check out all the cool features in the car these day with all those wacko technology.  I'm more scared of the new features dying and not working properly.

I'm the opposite of you guys..

I like the features.  In MN in the dead of winter when it is -10 below and everything is frozen solid, you're going to want heated power seats which only comes with higher trim models...  I also like better media...  one of the features we want is built-in BlueRay Entertainment and built in window shades.

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +248
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2016, 09:19:28 PM »
The new Pilot is so ugly while the new CRV is nice.

New CRV is ugly... I don't like the back side window, makes the CRV look like it's pointy in the back end.

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2016, 03:27:33 PM »
New CRV is ugly... I don't like the back side window, makes the CRV look like it's pointy in the back end.
[/quote

I went to Toyota and Honda dealership today to check on car. youre right the crv has a ugly pointy look in the back end. 

Im waiting for 2017 Sienna and Corolla. 

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2016, 03:34:53 PM »
I'm the opposite of you guys..

I like the features.  In MN in the dead of winter when it is -10 below and everything is frozen solid, you're going to want heated power seats which only comes with higher trim models...  I also like better media...  one of the features we want is built-in BlueRay Entertainment and built in window shades.

For u guys i can understand heated seat, 4wd, etc matter because of the weather.  For us maybe when youre young and still want to be cool otherwise dvd is enough to keep my kids on the road. 

Sleipnir

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2016, 02:14:26 PM »

I agree, it's really ugly...

Offline Ron Burgundy

• Sr. Poster
  • Handsome Man's Club Applicant
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2016, 01:53:46 AM »
How many kids??

You already have a tow vehicle in the tundra, why not consider an odyssey?? Get past all the silly minivan biases because it'll be way better and easier to access your car seats with the larger sliding doors.  Fold the rear seat down and there's tons of cargo space.  Great for hauling and you won't have to worry about tying anything down.  :D

You're probably saying you need 4 wheel drive…. Realistically, it may come in handy on 2-4 occasions max. You already know they plow fairly quickly here in town. Just find a set of rims on Craigslist and slap some snow tires on.  O0

Advertisements