Advertisement

Author Topic: Dumbest things You/Your friend ever did with a car  (Read 4793 times)

Sleipnir

Dumbest things You/Your friend ever did with a car
« on: May 03, 2016, 11:56:58 AM »
One time in HS, we took my friends car over a set of railroad tracks that cut across a hill at over 80 mph and I swear we got at least 2 feet of air for 10 yards... lucky my friend didn't loose control and rolled us in the ditch and put us all 6 foot under.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Re: Dumbest things You/Your friend ever did with a car
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 12:22:28 PM »
Packing 20 of us in a Buick to go to a drive in movie...good thing that car never flipped or got into an accident with another car... ;D

Now reflecting back, it was pretty dumb but just about everyone is doing it...

Sleipnir

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 02:01:23 PM »
In HS, we lived in a house that was at the top of this hill.  One day i let my brother borrow my first car and he parked it outside the house.  I went to get the keys from him and went outside...

Car was gone!

I was like, Dude, someone stole my car...  so both of my brothers and I were outside just scratching our heads looking around.  Then my little sister points down the hill and goes... "there it is!".

My dumb brother didn't put it in gear or set the brake so it rolled through two yards, missed a parked car, a house, and went over a retaining wall and landed in someone's front yard.  I just rolled my eyes and threw my keys at my little brother and said "you go get it!".  My brother ran down and drive it back up and parked it in the driveway...

Giggles_Shyly

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 02:04:56 PM »
Parked it in a ramp and forgot which level it was on :D ;D

Sleipnir

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2016, 02:06:42 PM »
Parked it in a ramp and forgot which level it was on :D ;D

Oh man...  reminds me of this time I went on a business trip for a week, and came back and a coworker forgot where she had parked at MSP international.  So we drove around for an hour looking for it....  so dumb!

Giggles_Shyly

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2016, 02:08:27 PM »
LOL I would be annoyed.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2016, 02:17:29 PM »
That rolling down the hill stories reminds me of a story too

I had took my brothers to go see a movie in my mom's car.  We parked the car and went in, watched the movie and came out.  We didn't see the car where we parked it.  The lot was kinda bare.  I thought maybe it got towed or someone stole it.   We walked around a little bit in the lot wondering what happened to it then my brother points to it.  The lot was at an angle and the car had rolled sideways downward and hoppes the curb and rested inntje edge of the hill, luckily it had lost momentum becuase it it rolled down the hill it would've hit houses.  Luckily it hit no Cars in the lot.  All we could do was laugh and thank how lucky we were.

The car was an automatic, I'm not sure how I didn't put it in park.

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Sleipnir

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2016, 03:09:08 PM »
That rolling down the hill stories reminds me of a story too

I had took my brothers to go see a movie in my mom's car.  We parked the car and went in, watched the movie and came out.  We didn't see the car where we parked it.  The lot was kinda bare.  I thought maybe it got towed or someone stole it.   We walked around a little bit in the lot wondering what happened to it then my brother points to it.  The lot was at an angle and the car had rolled sideways downward and hoppes the curb and rested inntje edge of the hill, luckily it had lost momentum becuase it it rolled down the hill it would've hit houses.  Luckily it hit no Cars in the lot.  All we could do was laugh and thank how lucky we were.

The car was an automatic, I'm not sure how I didn't put it in park.

Oh man, that is funny.

When I was 13, and my cousin was 15...  I'd sleep over at his place, and we'd sneak out at 1 to 3 am and and take his dad's RV camper for joy rides in the countryside cause they lived in a tiny town...  it looked like this and it was a 4 speed.

Sleipnir

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2016, 03:11:41 PM »
One time my friend's GF drove his car from Wausau to our town with the e-brake on the whole way!

Envy2

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2016, 04:44:16 PM »
One time my friend's GF drove his car from Wausau to our town with the e-brake on the whole way!

Ouch!

« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 09:59:03 AM by Envy2 »

yuknowthat

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2016, 09:12:17 PM »
I had a relative left my parent's truck e-brake on like  that after they drop him off because he drove them to his house. They drove from his house all the way to home wondering what was the red light on the cluster gauge for. I checked it. It was the e-brake. Had to change the rotors, all the brakes and check transmission.

Sifu

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2016, 09:10:24 AM »
I used to fix cars with my grandfather (rest his soul).  What a mistake!  6 cars and nothing but money pits!!!

Hitokiri

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2016, 01:03:37 PM »
at the end of downtown Milwaukee on Wisconsin Ave (I think) there is a long curve just right in front of the famous Arts Museum by Lake Michigan. In the winter one time with my brother we were heading towards downtown from the direction of the lake and we decided to do some FWD "drifting" since there was a lot of snow and slush on the ground. I accelerated my car to about 30-35 MPH and started to slide the car. Let me remind you that I was no expert driver and I ended up panicking a little into the slide and pressed my brakes just when I turned the wheel. Before I knew it the cars did a 360 in which only took a second but seemed like forever! The the side of the car stopped about 2 feet from the parking meter. I have to admit - it was fun but never again... :P

Sleipnir

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2016, 01:55:37 PM »
I had a relative left my parent's truck e-brake on like  that after they drop him off because he drove them to his house. They drove from his house all the way to home wondering what was the red light on the cluster gauge for. I checked it. It was the e-brake. Had to change the rotors, all the brakes and check transmission.

Ouch...  that does suck.  Not sure what my buddy did...  It was a 1991 celica and was a POS anyway.

Offline Mong-X

• Your One And Only
  • Administrator
  • Respect: +25
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2016, 02:40:28 PM »
Had an old Corolla and I went to the supermarket.  Coming out, I was on the phone looking for something on it while walking to my car.  Took my keys out and put keys into the driver door keyway.  It was sort of hard to turn the cylinder to open but i used a little force and it opened.  Sat in the driver seat and proceeded to to lay my phone down while inserting the key into the ignition.  Again, I was having a hard time turning the ignition forward to start the car so I used a little more force and was able to start the car.  As I begin to fasten my seat belt on and proceeded to put the car into reverse, I noticed something odd.  My seat covers was not there anymore and looks like someone had gone through my car.  I panic and stop from reversing to gather my thoughts and see what have been taken from my car.  This was the moment when I realize that over to my left side, was my car and I had gotten into the car of another person's vehicle.  I got scared and got out and quickly went into my car and drove off.

Advertisements