Advertisement

Author Topic: Is it fair to force business to cater to Muslims and their prayer ritual?  (Read 5695 times)

Evil_K_Man

Obviously you don't understand that those holidays are not Christian holidays. If they were, all Christian and none Christian would all see it as a Christian holiday. If you would do a little googling, you'll learn that Christmas was never a Christian holiday nor was it ever relate to Christ's birth as many of you think. All the other holidays are the same...

Sigh...I'll let Lexicon handle this one, since you're not "getting it."

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +247
    • View Profile
Ok, let me clarify this;

Hand in hand, in layman's term, Muslims would be able to file a lawsuit under EEO Title VII for Religious Accommodation. But so could Christians, Jews and etc. The law says the employer MUST accommodate their religious practices. And yes, they DO "force" the employers to accommodate ALL religions. No where does it say only Muslims have this right.

Read your law again... it does say that employers are to accommodate all religion but it goes on from there... Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 prohibits employment discrimination based on religion. This includes refusing to accommodate an employee's sincerely held religious beliefs or practices unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship...

I've only argue that this lawsuit is crap because no other religion is needing special treatment, so why does Muslim need it? And the fact that why can't Muslims pray during break and lunch. Why force employers to have special session for them? What happens to an assembly line when two or more people leave?

Secondly, the debate is ongoing about Christmas. Some, like Christians, believe it is a religious holiday. Others suggest it is secular and not religious. If YOU don't believe it to be a religious holiday, than you can't argue against groups taking the religious themes out of the holiday, ie Starbucks and the color of their cups and the change from Merry Christmas to Happy Holiday. You can't argue for religion and against PC. It's either one or another.
No, the debate was never about Christian holidy, some Pher here injected that into the debate to support his "Muslims' right". I'm not arguing about some taking it as religious and other aren't... but again that same Pher here seem to think that since some Christian take it as a religious holiday, it must be a Christian holiday. Therefore, Muslim have the rights for their special prayer sessions.

Look, I respect you and your beliefs. But you're not understanding all the facts. Muslims have no more rights than we do. I'm Christian myself. You can't cry foul and make up arguments if they exercise their rights. Which would be THE SAME EXACT RIGHTS AS OUR RIGHTS. I am trying to be tactful here but your arguments stink of subtle xenophobia dressed up in constitutional clothing.

Really? Muslim have as much right as we do? You don't understand my post, do you? I'm not here arguing that Muslim don't have rights while Christian or other have rights. My argument is that Muslims don't have a right to force employers to create special sessions for them to practice their religious rituals when said rituals can be done outside of work time. And such accommodation would create hardship for the employers.

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

FetishDream

Pass the law and I will convert to muslim but only on paper.  I want my 5 breaks so I can go to my car and get a puff of that coca.   :2funny:

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +225
    • View Profile
Nvm. This is lost on you. GL.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 03:44:59 PM by lexicon »

fOrEvEr_sUn_76

Quite fitting isn't it? We let in terrorists, racists, muslims, and so on. into our educational institutions.  But Jesus isn't allowed in.

Which is why the Christians claim at the end of days, everyone will go to hell except them. :2funny:

Like this post: +1

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +225
    • View Profile
Some people never judge themselves the same way they would judge others, eh?

Sifu

Tai Lau.  That is the most coherent message I have ever read from you.  Who hacked into your account?

zena

Just like the pledge of alligence to the flag was restricted from schools because it had "under god" in it.

True, a lot of schools don't do this anymore.  Fortunately, my daughter's grade school still does it.

Advertisements