Advertisement

Author Topic: Stroke Patient  (Read 4587 times)

Offline nightrider

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +48
    • View Profile
Re: Stroke Patient
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2016, 06:30:14 PM »
Feel free to comment and advise on this topic...

My friend's father have a stroke last year.....story short; have a surgery and now left side is paralyze or said weak...his parent split up also......

Last time i visited, my buddy's father still able to walk slowly but with the support of a walker stand....and he repeat himself often.

Situation:
He is a stubborn person even before stroke, and after stroke is even worse my friend said.
When both him and his wife went to work, the oldman would walk out of the house leaving the front door UNLOCK...going for his walk....
He try talking to the oldman, oldman refuse to listen; everytime they talk; oldman would talk about suicide.....it's pretty hard to talk to the oldman.
His wife is fed up with it......so if the 4th time happen worse scenario they getting rob......that'll be the end of it.
My buddy is a traditional person and respect his elders dearly, but as a SON is it right for him to send his old man to the NURSING HOME? ADVISE

I try getting my buddy inputs too but do advise me so i can get him more info or any kind of help. O0

appreciate everyone comments  :D

It's not wrong for the son to send his father to the Nursery home. It's probably the only place that can take care of his needs. Because it's hard for a needy & disable person to remain at home with no one to take care of because the family needs to tend their jobs. If the state can compensate enough that would be a viable option but that's not the case. It's really tough for family's with elderly people that are stubborn, suicidal, and are disable because of health issues. Having them around the house, might not be a good idea because they can still move around in their wheel chair and may grab a knife or extension cord and try to take their own life.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Phab Ej Dao Vue

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2016, 06:51:15 PM »
If I had a stroke and developed cognitive impairment and problem behaviors, I would demand my children put me in an Assisted Living Facility, and if I met the requirements, a Nursing Home. There's a difference between the two and it's important to know. Most likely, your friend's father will not qualify for a Nursing Facility yet. I would never wish to burden anyone with my problems.

It doesn't matter what outsiders tell you- their opinions don't matter if they're not doing anything. They're not walking in the family's shoes. At the end of the day, it's the people who live with him and care for him that needs the most support.

If you want to know the process, hit me up.

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +248
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2016, 07:09:09 PM »
Sorry... but I don't like this "parents don't understand how hard it is blah, blah, blah..." Think back when you were a little snot and they had to take care of you? How hard was it for them? They didn't make the money like you do now. They had to support half a dozen kids (give or take). They had to sacrificed everything to make you who you are. You probably used them for free childcare too, like 99.9% of Hmong people do. Be patient with him... and if you can't there are alternatives to sending him to an old home.

All this man wants is attention and love. His wife left him, he's in that condition (which no man wants to be in)... I say tell your friend to take him to an elder daycare when they both go to work and pick him up after work. Do not take him to old home... you can't trust these people.

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Advertisements