Advertisement

Author Topic: Minneapolis attack victim meets rescuer after seeing story on KARE 11  (Read 1862 times)

fOrEvEr_sUn_76

With all the stories happening with the drug smuggling old ladies and the gangster Joe Vang (suspect in the murder of Kor Yang), this is the kind of story that brings the good in all of us. 8)

MINNEAPOLIS - When we first met Bruce Evans last week he was recovering from a brutal attack after walking home from a charity event the weekend before.

One person knocked him out and then several others stole money from him while he was unconscious on the city sidewalk near 8th and Hennepin, according to investigators.

After KARE 11’s story aired last week, Evans says his phone and Facebook page lit up with people supporting him, including one of the men who helped him after the attack.

"Someone sent him there to help me,” he said.

That’s one reason he shared his story, to thank and hopefully find them. He didn’t remember the Good Samaritans, only their voices. He also wanted to bring awareness to violent crime in the city.

"I still don't have the names of those guys, they were amazing,” he told us last week.

Fast-forward to Thursday where Evans met one of his rescuers.

Right on cue, a humble 21-year-old Joseph Vang arrived at the northeast Minneapolis coffee shop. Evans immediately gave him a hug.

"I’ll get you a coffee, the least I can do,” he told the U of M student.

Vang, a sophomore, is majoring in theater and nursing. When he last met Evans, theater is what he got, nursing is what he did.

"I saw him from a distance, and there was nobody around him,” he recalled. "He had his hand on his head and he dropped to his knees and you just started seeing blood gushing out.”

He was the first to help him, and called 911. He told KARE 11 there were actually a total four guys who eventually helped Evans. One of them took off his sweatshirt and both he and Vang wrapped it around Evans head.

“Honestly, I was afraid for him,” he said. "I just knew it was the right thing to do.”

He recalls seeing the story on his Facebook news feed.

“It popped up on my Facebook feed, and I said he’s alive and talking. I found him on Facebook and connected,” Vang said. “I was relieved he was okay.”

Not long after the attack, police arrested several people they say were responsible.

"There’s a reason why I was here tonight,” Vang recalled saying after the attack as he walked home covered in blood.

And Vang who helped a stranger, now appears to have a life-long friend.

"There are good people out there,” said Evans. “That’s the positive.”

To read the full article or watch the video on this story click the link below:

http://www.kare11.com/news/mpls-attack-victim-meets-rescuer-after-seeing-story-on-kare-11/188314327

(Bruce Evans met his rescuer Joseph Vang)

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

threedegree

O0

Like this post: 0

Advertisements