Advertisement

Author Topic: New Toyota Camry LE  (Read 2073 times)

baddabing

New Toyota Camry LE
« on: May 16, 2016, 08:16:01 AM »
Is this price for a new Camry LE too much?

24539.00?

MSRP is only around 23000.00 but this dealer is selling it that higher price, would you buy it at that price?

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Re: New Toyota Camry LE
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2016, 09:14:52 AM »
Is this price for a new Camry LE too much?

24539.00?

MSRP is only around 23000.00 but this dealer is selling it that higher price, would you buy it at that price?

Depends, hard to say without seeing it...some dealers tag on destination charge, add accessories, etc., so just depends..

What's the name of the dealership?

Sifu

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2016, 10:38:16 AM »
I'd negotiate, try to get $600-$800 off but it is a Camry.  If you don't buy it someone else will.  It's harder to negotiate when there is some demand. 

Sifu

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2016, 10:45:42 AM »
Also forgot to mention.  If you give them cash then they're likely to negotiate more easily and with a possible lower price.  You may need a bigger down but I have always had good success with cash. 

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2016, 12:42:43 PM »
No promotion going on? 

Sifu

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2016, 12:49:49 PM »
Memorial Day Sales coming up.

Blongforever

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2016, 01:33:53 AM »
LE?  No!  SE or XLE? Yea babie!

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2016, 07:17:13 AM »
Never pay msrp or whatever u see on the sticker pricing.  They will say that those are added on options and the options are baked into the pricing. 

If u good, u can get the options for free plus buying it at invoice.  I used to sell toyota in san jose while i was a college student.  On my last month there, i was literally giving away cars and free floor mats a $400 value free too.  I went out with a bang after i graduated.  They didn't see it coming as i was that month top selling guy in volume sales.  They called me the up master because i was so good at catching customers that i stole a few customers from my co workers when they weren't looking.  To my defense n my manager got my back as long as i was able to get them sales.  If a customer walks off, it is no longer your customer and free for all but my older sales guys doesn't see it that way.  Good times and thus made my young resumes strong.

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

baddabing

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2016, 01:41:35 PM »
Never pay msrp or whatever u see on the sticker pricing.  They will say that those are added on options and the options are baked into the pricing. 

If u good, u can get the options for free plus buying it at invoice.  I used to sell toyota in san jose while i was a college student.  On my last month there, i was literally giving away cars and free floor mats a $400 value free too.  I went out with a bang after i graduated.  They didn't see it coming as i was that month top selling guy in volume sales.  They called me the up master because i was so good at catching customers that i stole a few customers from my co workers when they weren't looking.  To my defense n my manager got my back as long as i was able to get them sales.  If a customer walks off, it is no longer your customer and free for all but my older sales guys doesn't see it that way.  Good times and thus made my young resumes strong.

So what would you do or how would you go about getting the best deal for a Camry LE and for how much?  I'm buying one for my mom, still looking.

Advice would be greatly appreciated it.

Sifu

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2016, 03:57:19 PM »
The LE is going to be harder to get deals on.  The more decked out stuff you add the more you can negotiate.  Let's say they have a base model with nothing.  You aren't going to get much off unless it's been sitting.  If there's another trim with some nicer stuff (sunroof, NAV, audio, leather, ec) then you can negotiate easier.  If it has been sitting longer on the lot you can work towards it. 

If you get the barebones then it's really difficult because stealerships aren't making much at a lower markup; they wont be willing to negotiate as much.  But if they add heated seats, radio/speaker upgrade, etc AND you tell them that you're willing to pay a bigger cash down if they add some options then there's your wiggle room. 

Sometimes you have to compromise but you should always see what you can get. 

FetishDream

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2016, 04:30:00 PM »
Best way is to hit up all of your local dealers online and you will deal with the internet manager.  You give them color and the specs and they give you a price.  You take that price and you play the middle man with all them other internet managers at a different dealership.  Once you get it on paper, you print it out and you go to that dealership but you do not want to talk to the internet manager just yet.  You have the price in mind at least.  You talk to a chump sales guy to get it lower.  If not lower, you bust out that email and he will go get the internet manager.  he gets half points and the internet manager will get half points or half commission. 

This is the basis but to get your options for free and what will require skills.  Never let the finance manager to pad in other stuff if you are financing it.  It is like buying a 400 floor mat that cost you 500 bux since the interest is baked into the pricing for financing. 

other freebies if you know how.   Extended warranties or free oil change for a year.  Every dealership has a different code they call the invoice pricing.  With my toyota dealership, it was called woo deal.  A term for people who just wanted a test drive to waste the sale's guy time is called jack since jack don't buy and he's a jack chit.   :2funny:

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2016, 03:21:26 PM »

I didnt get no floor mats with my Highlander.  Sometime we forget to pay attention to the small details.  I had to order them for almost $300 from the dealership later.  My sister got a better deal on her Rav4 with upgrade even though it was the base model she test drove.  I didn't pay attention because i went home to get my husband over to the dealership to write the check.  I thought it was too much or not a good deal for the base model u til she told me they gave her a upgrade to the xle. 

baddabing

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2016, 02:00:02 AM »
Best way is to hit up all of your local dealers online and you will deal with the internet manager.  You give them color and the specs and they give you a price.  You take that price and you play the middle man with all them other internet managers at a different dealership.  Once you get it on paper, you print it out and you go to that dealership but you do not want to talk to the internet manager just yet.  You have the price in mind at least.  You talk to a chump sales guy to get it lower.  If not lower, you bust out that email and he will go get the internet manager.  he gets half points and the internet manager will get half points or half commission. 

This is the basis but to get your options for free and what will require skills.  Never let the finance manager to pad in other stuff if you are financing it.  It is like buying a 400 floor mat that cost you 500 bux since the interest is baked into the pricing for financing. 

other freebies if you know how.   Extended warranties or free oil change for a year.  Every dealership has a different code they call the invoice pricing.  With my toyota dealership, it was called woo deal.  A term for people who just wanted a test drive to waste the sale's guy time is called jack since jack don't buy and he's a jack chit.   :2funny:

I agree with you, be patient, shop and negotiate you'll get a better deal than if you don't negotiate. They'll always stay the sale at Max price, it's up to you to just buy it, negotiate or wait for it to come down.

Advertisements