Advertisement

Author Topic: Why is it the passengers' fault?  (Read 1929 times)

bulbasaur

Why is it the passengers' fault?
« on: June 07, 2016, 04:55:05 PM »
http://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/family-forced-to-cancel-holiday-after-easyjet-passengers-refuse-to-move-seats/ar-BBtYNrX?li=BBnb7Kz

So no one gave up their seats, but those people bought those seats, too.  I feel bad for the family, but why the insinuation that it was the passengers' fault?  It's the airline's fault.  Personally, I think there should be a law about overbooking flights.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +225
    • View Profile
Re: Why is it the passengers' fault?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 01:02:09 PM »
http://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/family-forced-to-cancel-holiday-after-easyjet-passengers-refuse-to-move-seats/ar-BBtYNrX?li=BBnb7Kz

So no one gave up their seats, but those people bought those seats, too.  I feel bad for the family, but why the insinuation that it was the passengers' fault?  It's the airline's fault.  Personally, I think there should be a law about overbooking flights.

It isn't news if someone doesn't get hurt, sued or offended I guess. The obligation fell solely on the airline company. Beyond that, always bring the necessary documents and have them with you prior to arriving at the airport, no matter how early you are. It's just common sense.

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
Re: Why is it the passengers' fault?
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 11:13:18 PM »
My daughter boarding pass to Netherlands was awaiting seat.  Her teacher told us she will make sure she get a seat and travel with them during departure.  They were delayed for 3 hrs and made it to Seattle and missed their connection flight.  The airline got them hotel for the night and flight the next day at 1pm.  The airline also gave them each a choice of $75 in gift card for what they went through.  My daughter picked Amazon. 

Advertisements