Advertisement

Author Topic: Dear Morning Fog  (Read 8468 times)

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Respect: +440
    • View Profile
Re: Dear Morning Fog
« Reply #90 on: May 03, 2019, 09:44:54 PM »
Dear Morning Fog,

Bamboo Flower and I are expecting a little boy soon. The doctor says he already looks like me. But, you know it: joking, joking.

But with Bamboo Flower's beauty, I expect that he will look very cute.

So, a deep sadness tormented me tonight because I am about to return to the U.S. Not that I don't feel loved by Bamboo Flower. I do. She does care about me just as much as I care about her. With this new baby, too, we have grown to love each other even more. We both aren't even thinking about the baby as much as we think about each other these days. But it's the baby that has made us so.

Anyway, flashback to that fight Steaming Bell had against the thugs.

"Go?" Steaming said to the guy. "I don't go. I don't run. I brought you here to give you all a lesson."

"I don't fight you," said the man.

"Then you run or I beat you," Steaming Bell said. "Whose idea for you to rob me?"

"Oh. Boss. Our boss," he said. "He's gang leader in our group. He has many bigger connections. Lots of gangs. Lots of thieves. Lots of robbers. No respect for women. No respect for weak people. We take every time we see someone."

"Not today," Steaming Bell said.

"I don't want boss to see me. I go now," man said and flashed into the deep bamboo jungles on the hillside.

Steaming Bell was already surrounded by all the others.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 05:08:07 AM by Reporter »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Respect: +440
    • View Profile
Re: Dear Morning Fog
« Reply #91 on: August 07, 2019, 05:59:50 PM »
Dear Morning Fog,

Steaming Bell said he is so happy to have gotten out of that fight with the thugs.

"No time to think," he said. "I just moved as needed...First, upper cut to the jaw of the guy right in front. He fell off.

'Then once I knew it, my arms were already wrapped around the neck of the guy to the far left. Wrapped like a chain around a metal pole...Same time, my horizontal front kick straight to the face of the guy to the far right.

'All three almost fell down at the same time."

"And the big guy? The boss?" I asked.

"He didn't have time to react. But as soon as he was ready to come towards me, I was already holding tight onto the neck of that guy. I was behind him as the boss was approaching us.
The boss's feet were flying from the left and the right and the left and the right. Almost like a propeller that was spinning from both sides. So, I had to use the guy to block the boss's kicks."

Each foot slap almost threw Steaming Bell and the guy in his arms down, Steaming Bell said.

Then the guy died and Steaming Bell had nothing to use to block those kicks anymore.

A duel that went through the rest of the day and night--Steaming Bell had to fly over tree tops and across valleys to avoid being hit for three days and nights, eating just the fruits he picked up on trees and vines and drinking only the dew he came across.

"The night fights were tough," Steaming Bell said. "The guy had an almost invisible, long glass stick. I could not see the stick coming. Not only was it night and dark but the stick was transparent and, you know it--invisible. So, I had to lead him to moonlight spots just to see some glare each time he swung out the stick. And I felt his breathing each time he exerted for his efforts. That was how I was able to know when and where the stick was coming from. Suddenly, he hit a large stone the size of an elephant that broke his stick in two halves.

"We turned to hand-to-hand combats and feet-to-feet, too. Yet he couldn't kill me. I couldn't kill him.

"Then by morning, I managed to break a bamboo stick and started shaking all of the dew off the whole jungle. Wherever he was reaching for, I rushed ahead and shook down the leaves. He had no drink and he started to slow down his moves.

"Of course, I collected some dew for me already."

It was starvation and thirst that made the thug leader give up. He finally told Steaming Bell how to get back to Chiang Mai from there.

Anyway, we'll be in Loei towards Ban Vinai soon, Morning Fog.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 08:27:09 PM by Reporter »

Like this post: 0

Advertisements