Advertisement

Author Topic: Masks  (Read 4799 times)

zena

Masks
« on: June 22, 2016, 03:31:39 PM »
Never thought I get into the mask craze but I'm finding myself loving them.  I first started out with some cheap ones from Walgreen's and then got a couple from Sephora.  I liked them all but my fav so far are the ones from Sephora.

Walgreens:

Sephora:

Are you into masks?  If so, what's your fav?

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

DJ-Jayce

Re: Masks
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2016, 06:34:10 PM »
I currently use Missha's line of masks. The collagen & hyaluronic acid masks. One of each a week after a beta hydroxy acid facial wash.

zena

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 12:27:38 PM »
I'll have to try the Missha one's.  I really loved the Dr. Jart+ one and will have to get more of it soon.  It made my face so soft and acne free.  I'm not sure if it reduced pores since I haven't looked that close at my skin but I'm not too worried about that.  It's just so amazing.  The Tony Moly came in a packet of two so I still have one left.  It's a good mask but nothing like the Dr. Jart+.

DJ-Jayce

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 06:23:16 PM »
I just recently got into the "mask" phase like 4 days ago myself  :P

I'm currently looking for ones that doesn't over dry my face ...do you ladies prefer those wet mask or those peeling mask? I find those peeling mask mesmerizing... . :D :D

I'm a guy. I prefer the wet sheet masks. I also have Missha's snail cream mask which is a peeling mask, but not fond of that type. My acid based masks I use occasionally drys my face during the winter, so I usually just use moisturizer if needed. Keep trying different masks until you find one that fits your needs and skin. What might work for me, might not work for you. Everyone is different.

Like this post: +1

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2016, 11:18:51 AM »
My sisters and my daughter use mask but I never bother to check the brand.  I never put stuff on my face beside just splashing with water or taking a shower. 

zena

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2016, 11:56:46 AM »
I just recently got into the "mask" phase like 4 days ago myself  :P

I'm currently looking for ones that doesn't over dry my face ...do you ladies prefer those wet mask or those peeling mask? I find those peeling mask mesmerizing... . :D :D

Right now I'm loving the wet masks or the sheet masks.  The Dr. Jart+ and Tony Moly are none drying.  I just finished up the 2nd Tony Moly mask and my face is so smooth and soft.  I don't even have to put on moisturizer and eye cream because it's super moisturizing.

I have tried peeling masks in the past, the kind that you put on wet and it dries and then you peel it of, but I haven't tried any for the longest time.  I'll have to get back into those but they are drying.  I am also interested in trying the peeling gels like the Secret Key D-Toc, IOPE Peeling Gel, and Missha Super Aqua Peeling Gel.

The only mask I've been using since forever is the 10 Minute Clay mask by Origins.  This one goes on like clay and then dries and then you wash it off with a warm wash cloth. It helps with acne flare-ups so I mostly use it these days as a spot treatment.

zena

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2016, 11:57:50 AM »
My sisters and my daughter use mask but I never bother to check the brand.  I never put stuff on my face beside just splashing with water or taking a shower.

You're lucky you don't have to do anything.  If I just wash my skin with water, OMG, I'd breakout like crazy.

zena

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2016, 01:44:24 AM »
How do you like the Boscia mask?  And, that's a lot of masks you got there.  Let us know how you like them and how they work out.

Yeah, sometimes I fear using masks 'cause the last thing I want is to breakout.  I tried to get more from Walgreen's a couple of days ago but the one I go to didn't stock up yet so next time.  I'm also getting ready to do another Sephora order and will probably get the Dr. Jart+ again.  That one worked amazing.

Wi_sweetguy

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2016, 02:08:04 AM »
Ahh.. I see you gals used those two. Awesome!!
I love face mask, especially the different flavors.
But I tend to fall asleep when I put the facial mask on. ;D lol..

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2016, 10:13:16 AM »
I let you guys to pee on my face.  Urine is the excretion of extra nutrients n vitamins that you body expels.  Use a q tip n apply a thin layer to your face and see how cool your face will become.  Wash it off with good soap or noxema.  I looked 10 years younger than my age.  When i was 30, i was dating them at 20.  No lie and i still do but with the rate of inflation, 21 is my lowest these days.

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

zena

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2016, 07:41:05 PM »
I have not purchased thru Sephora yet.  But, I did get some masks from Target yesterday.  I had meant to buy 3 get 1 free but I forgot to grab the free one.  >:(

I've tried a couple of the ones on the right (posted photos above) but not the ones on the left.

zena

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2016, 11:44:55 AM »
Went to Sephora and got a few masks.  I didn't do the order I initially had in mind 'cause my daughter had some expensive stuff she needed from there so I only got a few things.  Having kids is expensive.

zena

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2016, 01:06:36 PM »
thanks for sharing Moonangel, just curious, does the masks sting on your face?

None of them sting or tingle or anything.  They're relaxing.  I haven't tried the Sephora ones yet.  Hope to maybe tonight.

zena

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2016, 03:26:02 PM »
I tried the tiger mask a couple of weeks ago but it was late at night and I didn't have my phone with me.  Decided to try the panda mask in the morning so I could get a photo.  These were so cute!  I don't think the masks did anything to my skin but I did like how cute they looked.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2016, 08:03:41 AM »
btw, this suck, I just broke out after peeling this off my nose :-[ :-\ :-\ :-\

Eww!  Let's not ever see a picture if just your nose agian.  It looks weird just seeing the nose only.

Anyways!  Maybe I should try some masks?!?!  My cheeks are dry and peeling from this hot weather and from sunburns.. I wonder if these masks will help?

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Advertisements