Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmong Food by tradition?  (Read 4004 times)

TheAfterLife

Hmong Food by tradition?
« on: June 23, 2016, 03:45:07 AM »
I heard that Hmong people eat sour traditionally in China. Now I was wondering why this hasn't been recorded in our historical food books. We cannot let thia die for this is part of us. If San Miao is our last country, why haven't we cherished the San Miao traditional food? My mom told me that Hmong people had their own version of bacon back in Laos. Now, I believe it's lost; yet, I am dying to know it's recipe. I am a huge fan of Hmong food; also, I am willingly to be educated here first before heading to Thailand, China, Vietnam, or in Laos. What is your opinion on Hmong traditional foods and the ones in China?

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Giggles_Shyly

Re: Hmong Food by tradition?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 01:58:41 PM »
The only Hmong food that I have not seen with other cultures is boiled meat with zaub ntsuab LOL

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 02:54:52 PM »
Rice in water with fresh chili peppers and salt... ;) ;D

DJ-Jayce

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 03:37:24 PM »
I have no clue what hmong "traditional" food are because alot of our food is also seen in other cultures, it begs to question, did we get it from them or did we develop it on our own and it's just similar to theirs?

I'm of the same opinion. All dishes are basically a derivative of a dish before it.

Plain chicken > chicken broth > chicken soup > chicken noodle soup.

I see traditional food more as a dish commonly associated with that particular culture than a dish unique to that culture. Simply because there are very few truly unique dishes in the world. If a dish has enough similarities with another can it be called truly unique? It maybe called different but can it qualify as truly unique?

chidorix0x

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 04:56:09 PM »
...  kekeke  ...   :2funny:

duh-UH-Ha'Mung ha'ignorant ha'clueless ha'edumacated ha'ranting ha'idiotically Ha'Mungingly Ha'Mung ha'again  ...  KEKEKE  ...   >:D

Ha'HINT:
San Miao is "Miao", and is ha'definitely ha'NOT Ha'Mung  ...  ha'DUH!  ...  kekeke  ...   8)

Furthermore, there are 3 distinct Miao branches (or the more predominant ones) in and throughout China.  They are the Eastern Miao (Red -- they prefer to have no relevant lineage with US/SEAsian Hmong, especially duh-UH-Ha'Mung), the Central (Blue/Black) Miao, and the Western (Yellow of Yunnan, who are our closest Miao kin) Miao.  It is also a known fact that of these 3 particular Miao branches, they each have their OWN unique traditional food etc., which duh-UH-Ha'Mung would be utterly ignorant, clueless, and edumacated of and about.  That is to say, "ha'DUH!"  ...  KEKEKE  ...   >:D

chidorix0x

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2016, 05:01:35 PM »
The only Hmong food that I have not seen with other cultures is boiled meat with zaub ntsuab LOL

...  kekeke  ...   :2funny:/ :idiot2:

Epic Fail!  Southern comfort food and Louisiana "hog shank boiled with collab greens" (which is boiled meat with zaub ntsuab)  ... ha'DUh!  ...  KEKEKE  ...   >:D

There are also French, German, and Latin etc. variations of this pork and greens stew  ... HA'DUH!!!

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2016, 03:45:50 PM »
We have a historical book of any kind?

I heard that Hmong people eat sour traditionally in China. Now I was wondering why this hasn't been recorded in our historical food books. We cannot let thia die for this is part of us. If San Miao is our last country, why haven't we cherished the San Miao traditional food? My mom told me that Hmong people had their own version of bacon back in Laos. Now, I believe it's lost; yet, I am dying to know it's recipe. I am a huge fan of Hmong food; also, I am willingly to be educated here first before heading to Thailand, China, Vietnam, or in Laos. What is your opinion on Hmong traditional foods and the ones in China?

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

yuknowthat

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2016, 01:57:34 AM »
Zaub ntshuab hau nrog kiav roj npuas
Zaub Iab kib
Diab iab nrog ground chicken
Kiav roj (chicharones hamung style)
QaIb tsaws nrog tshuaj hmoob( chicken boiled with hmong herbs)
Lws tuav nrog kua txob (eggplant pepper dip)
Siab npua iab (bitter pig liver)
 nyhuv ntxwm mov  (stuff sticky rice sausages)

Advertisements