Advertisement

Author Topic: Private or Public Sector  (Read 6233 times)

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
Re: Private or Public Sector
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2016, 06:15:08 PM »
if you're still young, definitely go private.  keep in mind the cons too: in a public org, your promotions are based on who you know, not what you know.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline slude

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +86
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2016, 12:53:36 PM »
i took the public job and has been here for over a month. glad i did it.  the benefits are excellent and the work is less demanding/stress. the pay is less but i don't have to deal with headaches from other private contractors, fighting for work, meeting client deadlines and expectations. here i am the client, and we set our own expectation.

if you're 21-35 def get into the private sector to learn about entrepreneursh ip and company process.

if you're 35+ public work is nice and has a great mix of work and personal culture.

Offline nightrider

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +48
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2016, 07:54:18 PM »
i took the public job and has been here for over a month. glad i did it.  the benefits are excellent and the work is less demanding/stress. the pay is less but i don't have to deal with headaches from other private contractors, fighting for work, meeting client deadlines and expectations. here i am the client, and we set our own expectation.

if you're 21-35 def get into the private sector to learn about entrepreneursh ip and company process.

if you're 35+ public work is nice and has a great mix of work and personal culture.

How do you get into the public works?

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2016, 11:05:24 PM »
How do you get into the public works?

"Public" jobs just means jobs that are mainly in the public sector i.e., city, county, state, federal..

Depends on the particular job, some required applicants to pass their tests, some required college degree, some you can just walk in and apply for...And many public jobs are unionized.

Offline nightrider

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2016, 07:22:16 PM »
I know what it means but where can you actually get a modest job at? It's so complicated, every f'en mofo requires a resume. :2funny: I totally hate this game. It's actually easier applying for welfare than is a job.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2016, 10:54:28 PM »
I know what it means but where can you actually get a modest job at? It's so complicated, every f'en mofo requires a resume. :2funny: I totally hate this game. It's actually easier applying for welfare than is a job.

Hard to say as "modest" can vary from individual to individual so look up your city, county, state, etc., human resource department/online page and go from there...For example, some think being a Police Officer is a great thing but not others...

Offline slude

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +86
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2016, 08:35:32 AM »
lol, it is probably easier applying for welfare. govn't jobs can take a few weeks to months. it took me 3 months to get in.

knowing someone on the inside is helpful. they can refer you to the hiring committee. that's how i got in. otherwise, polish your resume and keep trying.

Offline nightrider

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2016, 07:43:50 PM »
lol, it is probably easier applying for welfare. govn't jobs can take a few weeks to months. it took me 3 months to get in.

knowing someone on the inside is helpful. they can refer you to the hiring committee. that's how i got in. otherwise, polish your resume and keep trying.

That's why I say it's easier applying for welfare. Always be requiring a resume for position that any monkey can do, ya know... ie mcdonals/target/walmart & etc.  What a screw up world we live in. I outta call up a social worker to write a resume.lol :knuppel2:

Advertisements