Advertisement

Author Topic: Been working from home for 2 weeks  (Read 5410 times)

Offline duckwingduck

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +172
    • View Profile
Been working from home for 2 weeks
« on: July 01, 2016, 10:54:29 PM »
And it's driving me crazy.  I feel like a prisoner of my home.  Yes, I get to interact with my cat and even my cat wants to help me with my work by walking all over my keyboard.  And I'm not very productive either.  I work 1/3 of the time, and 3/4 of the time gaming.  And still get paid for full time work.  I should be happy but I am going crazy from this.

Working from home sounds so nice but it's driving me crazy.  To help me deal with this, I would go work at mcdonald just so I can be outside of the house.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Drift1Leeg

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +21
    • View Profile
Re: Been working from home for 2 weeks
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2016, 04:50:13 PM »
And it's driving me crazy.  I feel like a prisoner of my home.  Yes, I get to interact with my cat and even my cat wants to help me with my work by walking all over my keyboard.  And I'm not very productive either.  I work 1/3 of the time, and 3/4 of the time gaming.  And still get paid for full time work.  I should be happy but I am going crazy from this.

Working from home sounds so nice but it's driving me crazy.  To help me deal with this, I would go work at mcdonald just so I can be outside of the house.

kidding me right?
I am in the process of getting a job working from home..but I have reason so my situation probably paradise...

Offline duckwingduck

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2016, 09:02:06 AM »
Maybe if i have a beautiful wife at home.  Then that might be different.

But yeah I even work outside in the yard drinking beer and still not happy about it.  I need to interact with people.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 09:35:37 AM »
Nothing is for everyone universally when it comes to preferences... some like to work at home, some don't...

zena

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2016, 06:39:54 PM »
Agree with theking.  It's not for everyone.  I've worked from home the first three or four years after I left my last job and it was hard work, but I also take care of the kids, so I was kept too busy and was forgetting to take the kids to their after school activities.  I ended up quitting my work-at-home jobs and solely focused on taking care of the kids.  I am still too busy with everything but it's all related to the kids activities.  I'm never bored and don't miss working from home or working outside the home one bit.  I've picked up some stuff I can do from home that keep me pretty busy while the kids are in school or at their activities.

If I didn't have kids, I would definitely work an outside job or two or three or work long hours.  I am an introvert workaholic by nature. 

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2016, 09:35:40 PM »
Working from home is not for everyone.  I have a brother who is supervisor but worked straight from home.  He go to the office when it is urgent or for meeting.  He can do it because everyone living in the home is an adult and busy with their own life.  He can get things done.   

« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 11:45:46 AM by SummerBerry »

Offline Hunnaydew

• PH Newbie
  • Respect: +7
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2016, 09:37:47 PM »
Lucky! Maybe you should throw in some travel time or hobbies in between besides gaming of course.

Offline duckwingduck

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2016, 01:38:19 PM »
Lucky! Maybe you should throw in some travel time or hobbies in between besides gaming of course.

I could but I don't want to travel by myself.  I can do the work anywhere.  But they would like me to meet once a week face to face.  I think meetings are a waste of time.  But I'm sure I can go work on the beach for two weeks without any face-to-face meeting and they will still be fine with it.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2016, 11:14:12 PM »
I wish i could work at home.

Id sleep in all the time!

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Offline nightrider

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +48
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2016, 07:57:21 PM »

Do you mine telling us the kind of work you're doing at a home? I can use a job at home so I don't have to get up to drive to work especially this time of the year. I don't like interacting with people.lol

Offline duckwingduck

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2016, 12:17:03 AM »
Do you mine telling us the kind of work you're doing at a home? I can use a job at home so I don't have to get up to drive to work especially this time of the year. I don't like interacting with people.lol

software development. 

Offline nightrider

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2016, 07:48:24 PM »
Well, I'm outta luck then. Software development or coding isn't my thing especially when in the gui arena; can only do dedicated consoles only.

Offline darkhelmet

• Respect: +56
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2016, 12:56:40 PM »
I work from home too, and I do coding as well.  However, I am a freelance contractor.  I really enjoy it and do not ever want to go work in an office setting or for anyone.

I made you read this.

Offline nightrider

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2016, 09:58:01 PM »
I work from home too, and I do coding as well.  However, I am a freelance contractor.  I really enjoy it and do not ever want to go work in an office setting or for anyone.

Just about all the jobs on the market are geared up for temporary or contract job types. The pay isn't that comparable or enticing enough to let go of a full time job with certain benefits, ie... unemployment benefits. So do you get any benefits since you're not doing full time for somebody?

Offline darkhelmet

• Respect: +56
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2016, 08:20:20 AM »
Just about all the jobs on the market are geared up for temporary or contract job types. The pay isn't that comparable or enticing enough to let go of a full time job with certain benefits, ie... unemployment benefits. So do you get any benefits since you're not doing full time for somebody?

I have no benefits.  For health, my wife works for the state so she has that covered.  I have to save for retirement on my own.  The pay is definitely better, if you know how to market yourself.  I double my salary by working as a contractor, all the while, working much less hours and on projects I like.

I made you read this.

Advertisements