Advertisement

Author Topic: Been working from home for 2 weeks  (Read 5407 times)

NkaujNom

Re: Been working from home for 2 weeks
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2016, 09:11:25 AM »
And it's driving me crazy.  I feel like a prisoner of my home.  Yes, I get to interact with my cat and even my cat wants to help me with my work by walking all over my keyboard.  And I'm not very productive either.  I work 1/3 of the time, and 3/4 of the time gaming.  And still get paid for full time work.  I should be happy but I am going crazy from this.

Working from home sounds so nice but it's driving me crazy.  To help me deal with this, I would go work at mcdonald just so I can be outside of the house.

I work as a business manager and I always encourage my employees to take vacations, visit and spend time with family, travel, go camping, or whatever. When they get back, they're refreshed and ready to work. Someone who constantly works and works, especially in the same setting, will eventually get exhausted and bored. Plus it's not physically sustainable. Learn to meditate, de-stress, or change things up!

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2016, 06:18:45 PM »
I work as a business manager and I always encourage my employees to take vacations, visit and spend time with family, travel, go camping, or whatever. When they get back, they're refreshed and ready to work. Someone who constantly works and works, especially in the same setting, will eventually get exhausted and bored. Plus it's not physically sustainable. Learn to meditate, de-stress, or change things up!

Only a good manager will do that and understand but the employees must have pto/vacation/etc or else there is nothing you can do.  My husband sitting at home this week because his manager asked if he want time off to study.  It also marked my husband 20th yr of service with his employer too.  He also told another employee if he is going to do missionary work this Jan 2017 then he need to put in his request right now so he can signed off on it because the manager might resigned at the end of the year otherwise it will be harder for admin to approved his time off for missionary work if a new manager is hired. 

« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 06:26:20 PM by SummerBerry »

Offline nightrider

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +48
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2016, 07:47:54 PM »
I have no benefits.  For health, my wife works for the state so she has that covered.  I have to save for retirement on my own.  The pay is definitely better, if you know how to market yourself.  I double my salary by working as a contractor, all the while, working much less hours and on projects I like.

Great that you're able to double your salary being a contractor and have a wife to support you when it comes down to medical benefits or when you don't have a job. So I take it you're your own boss then, which you don't required head hunters scouting for contract job?

Offline darkhelmet

• Respect: +56
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2016, 01:14:28 PM »
Great that you're able to double your salary being a contractor and have a wife to support you when it comes down to medical benefits or when you don't have a job. So I take it you're your own boss then, which you don't required head hunters scouting for contract job?

Yes, I am my own boss.  I don't work for another company.  I have my own LLC.
Also, I don't go out to look for projects because I contract mostly with agencies that have their own people doing that.

I made you read this.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2016, 10:33:39 AM »
And it's driving me crazy.  I feel like a prisoner of my home.  Yes, I get to interact with my cat and even my cat wants to help me with my work by walking all over my keyboard.  And I'm not very productive either.  I work 1/3 of the time, and 3/4 of the time gaming.  And still get paid for full time work.  I should be happy but I am going crazy from this.

Working from home sounds so nice but it's driving me crazy.  To help me deal with this, I would go work at mcdonald just so I can be outside of the house.

Is this your home in Laos?

Because we all know America is too racist to allow any minority to have a comfortable job that pays well.  ::)

MSV

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2017, 02:56:56 PM »
I have been wanting to work from home for a while now. My employer has talked about it a few times. I know it won't happen anytime soon since those who HAVE to be in office will throw a fit about how it's unfair they have to be there. With the work I do, I honestly don't even need to be in office. You consider all that time that goes into waking up, getting ready, trying to find something to wear, driving to work, sitting in traffic, etc and that's like 2 hrs of wasted unpaid/unaccounted time.

Why don't you move away from your workspace during your breaks? If you need that social interaction, message your coworkers. I'm an introvert by nature so I could probably be ok working from home. But I'm sure my productivity will decrease for sure!

Advertisements