Advertisement

Author Topic: Autopsy results of 60-year-old woman shot, killed in her garden in Surry County  (Read 4985 times)

fOrEvEr_sUn_76

It's story like this that prove we must be aware of our surrounding cause even being at home going outside could be dangerous which was the case here in the death of 60-year old See Vue who was probably hit by a stray bullet.

According to Fox 8 news of Surry County, N.C. a preliminary autopsy shows that a 60-year-old woman died from a single gunshot wound to the upper torso, while investigators say she was only feet away from her husband in the front yard of their home Tuesday afternoon. A bullet, which Sheriff Graham Atkinson says they hope will provide “significant evidentiary value,” was recovered from the victim’s body. The bullet was in great condition at the time.

Deputies believe the victim – identified as 60-year-old See Vue – was with her husband in a rice paddy neighbors say the two constructed almost completely on their own. The husband alerted authorities to his wife’s death around 4:15 p.m. Tuesday. “He was three feet from her, three, four feet from her,” said Vue’s neighbor, Bryan Marion, who spoke to her husband shortly after her death.

Marion says the husband walked him and his wife through what happened, step by step. “He hears a gunshot. He doesn't put the two and two together, because she stands up and goes, 'Ow,'” Marion recalled the husband saying. “She steps, makes a couple steps and falls.” Marion says the husband told him it was mere minutes – maybe less – before she was gone. “His wife of, how many years, and she dies right there in front of him,” Marion said.

Deputies are entertaining the idea that Vue’s death could have been a result of a stray bullet. The area surrounding the home is heavily wooded and Marion says they often hear gunshots during hunting season. “But to hear one this time of year is kind of strange,” he said. Marion says, years ago, his home was struck by a stray bullet. “People are not aware of where they're shooting and where the bullets are going,” he said.

Knowing that – had a stray bullet truly been the cause - the victim could have very well been himself or one of his loved ones. Marion says it serves as a reminder that people have to make sure they know was is beyond their target while shooting. “It's a loss, because they were great, great people,” he said. The sheriff’s office will now work with the SBI to conduct ballistics on the bullet, which would give them an idea as to what kind of firearm was used. They hope to have those results in coming days.

To watch the video and read the full article, go here:

http://myfox8.com/2016/06/29/autopsy-results-of-60-year-old-woman-shot-killed-in-her-garden-in-surry-county-released/

« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 02:12:13 PM by fOrEvEr_sUn_76 »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline duckwingduck

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +172
    • View Profile
More guns will make us safe, NRA says.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
This is sad news indeed, this is in my home state.

It really is dangerous going outside your front door nowadays. 

You can tell even the guy talking about it was saddened and troubled by it.

Shooting deers out of season and other animals out of season happens alot in north carolina.  How do I know?  I know.  Could have been a case of mistaken identity. 

But it is very sad.  This makes me sad.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 12:15:45 PM by thePoster »

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Crazy, innocent by stander that happened to be in the way of a "stray" bullet?  ???...

baddabing

It's not a stray bullet.

It's somebody sick and evil.

Offline nightrider

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +48
    • View Profile
The theory of a stray bullet is probable in that part of the woods. Lots of people prefer the country life style or what some would say,"red neck/hill billy" lifestyle which pretty much summed up, people don't give a fuk whether it's hunting season or not even in their own backyard.

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Blongforever

Idiots who fired a gun w/o thinking where the bullet could possibly hit shouldn't own a gun; even in the woods. I would assume that you (hunters) would know the surroundings and not to shoot like a mentally retarded person in every directions but I have came to the conclusion that many people don't have common sense.

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
Idiots who fired a gun w/o thinking where the bullet could possibly hit shouldn't own a gun; even in the woods. I would assume that you (hunters) would know the surroundings and not to shoot like a mentally retarded person in every directions but I have came to the conclusion that many people don't have common sense.

True... A aunt of my husband got shot while hunting by a female in their group.  She didnt died but 3-4 pellets/bullets still in the place that got hit.  She doesnt care still going hunting.  The shooter tseem kob 3k.  1k yuav cow los ua neeb thiab.  Hmoob mam yog ib haiv neeg es sib kob every issues/problem.  No wonder old drama from one generation never go away and still bring it to the table.

Offline nightrider

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +48
    • View Profile
True... A aunt of my husband got shot while hunting by a female in their group.  She didnt died but 3-4 pellets/bullets still in the place that got hit.  She doesnt care still going hunting.  The shooter tseem kob 3k.  1k yuav cow los ua neeb thiab.  Hmoob mam yog ib haiv neeg es sib kob every issues/problem.  No wonder old drama from one generation never go away and still bring it to the table.

So if you get shot or someone put you on a wheel chair whether is just an accident or not, you would not expect or want compensation? In this duck country, people usually sue...

Advertisements