Advertisement

Author Topic: letitbenonmundane  (Read 67730 times)

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
  • Respect: +524
    • View Profile
letitbenonmundane
« on: July 13, 2016, 11:00:52 AM »
7-13-2016 11am: It's mid July.  I'm avoiding thinking about the inevitable.  September.  Because once September rolls around... it's back to school for the kids and the 9-month routine ensues.  I feel like summer is a breath of fresh air.  It's slow paced and I feel freer.  Something about the sun and the warmth and the green grass and leaves that makes me feel so much more alive and free.  I love summer.  I really love summer.  Summer is the best.  I love you, summer!

« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 09:54:52 AM by lilly »

Like this post: +1

Adverstisement

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
    • View Profile
Re: Lilly's Journal
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 11:14:27 AM »
7-13-2016 11:14am:  I am almost 40.  Can't believe it!  Who would have thought that being almost 40 feels like this?  Aches and pains.  Curse the aches and the pains!  And the knowing that I can't turn back the clock and be 30 anymore, or be 20, or 10!  There is no going backwards just upwards.   :(

I saw an article a few days ago that the oldest woman alive died at 113 years old.  Can you believe that?  Can you imagine living to be 113?  Not many people live past 100!  I don't think I will live past 100.

I am grateful to be alive.  I love my kids!  I hope to be alive many more decades yet.  And I hope I live to become a great granny.  I smile at the thought of how my grand kids will look like someday.   :)

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 03:13:52 PM »
Dear brother, remember that time long ago when we first arrived in America?  Remember how we felt?  Us in a foreign land with lights glowing everywhere and cheese burgers?  Remember how it would take many years before we could come to know the taste of cheese burgers?  I miss you so.

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2018, 02:27:10 PM »
Well, who would've thunk that I'd be where I am right now.  But here I am.  Life hasn't always been what I envisioned but I've realized numerous times over the last two years that I was always blessed.  Sometimes when we are going through hard times we feel like, "Why is this happening to me?  What did I do to deserve this?  Why is my life so crappy?" But, I realize now that my life is good compared to many other people, so, I shouldn't complain.  I could have had worse. 

I am grateful for being alive and for this life of mine.

Like this post: 0

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2018, 03:27:17 PM »
I totally understand. Having been through it myself I can assure you that everything is going to be okay. I used to questioned everything under the heaven but I’ve come to realized that I can only do so much.

I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2019, 12:45:53 PM »
I feel like we had some of the best Hmong music from the 80's and 90's.

I had the fortunate opportunity to meet Tub Muaj Koob Lis in person in the early 90's and spent time with him when he was around my family during the making of one of his music videos.

I think the world of this man. His voice is like none other. It's so unique.  I also love that he was not only a great musician, he was also a great person.

Where ever you are now, Tub Muaj Koob Lis, I hope you are doing great!

I love this song by him.

"Hlub Tshaj Puas Tsav Yam":

https://youtu.be/rfv3Z0QFPas

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2019, 01:27:24 PM »
It is almost 3 years later like quat da fawk?

Great to see your determination though

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2019, 02:02:14 PM »
Everyone wants the person they love to love them back.  Many of us go through life never finding true love. And that is why I feel genuine happiness for the people that are fortunate to find their person, because everyone deserves to have "their person" by their side, to go through happiness and sadness together in this journey through life. 

It's been said that you don't need another person to be happy with yourself.  That's true.  But with the right partner by your side, I've noticed that a person can feel a certain boost... having a loving partner by you is like that shot of caffeine that gets you going in the morning.  Having the right partner by your side means you don't have to make the hard decisions alone.  For example, if you're single and looking for another house to buy so you can rent out your current home for extra income, but when you find a house you like, all the decisions (like, Is this house a worthwhile buy?) all falls on you.  It would be so helpful to have someone to hash things out with.  Maybe they can say to you when you're undecided, "Let's not buy a house right now, babe, because it's a sellers market and house prices are jacked up past their market value.  Let's wait to buy low." 

My point is that while a person can be independent and happy alone, it's better to have a team, to have someone there to be your second set of eyes.  As well, everyone benefits from having someone there to cheer them on through life.

Back to the topic about finding someone to love you back.  It really is strange, isn't it?  Because you could love someone but they also have to love you back. 

For many people in relationships, I feel it is more common where you see one person loving the other more.  How do you measure this?  You can measure it in that person's commitment and contributions to the other person and to the relationship.  However, it's not uncommon, but rare, that you find relationships where both partners love each other equally.

I think relationships where both partners love each other equally are so beautiful and dreamy!  Everyone deserves someone who loves them back equally.

Love is complicated and messy.  You can love someone so much, but you're at their mercy.  If they don't love you back... then you just have to suck it up and move on.  Unrequited love is painful, and it's sad that many people have to go through so much heartbreaks in order to find someone who loves them back the way they deserve.

A word of advice.  If you're still on a journey to find love or to find "your person", please don't rush things.  If you find someone that you love, I think it's natural to feel love for them but don't rush them to feel the same way for you.  Let destiny take its course.  And if it's meant to be, it will be.  After all, you deserve the best, someone who loves you back as much as you love them.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 11:06:22 PM by lilly »

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2019, 02:15:12 PM »
It is almost 3 years later like quat da fawk?

Great to see your determination though

Hi, Duma!  I know!  It's been a long time.  Guess this is a sign that I'm still breathing.  Lol.  Hope you are well.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2019, 04:28:20 PM »
Hi, Duma!  I know!  It's been a long time.  Guess this is a sign that I'm still breathing.  Lol.  Hope you are well.

Keep writing cuz you write well with them deep and meaningful thoughts.  You do it so I can disagree with you and through debates, one can find some knowledge. 

I find it interesting that a master is also a failure to his own demise.  Like that famous dear Abby lady or perhaps that one other lady but anyways, she gave good advices for years but in her life, she and her husband is a failure. 

Like a priest not pastor cuz those guys are able to get marry but a priest is also a marriage counselor but how can he preach what he's preaching when he has no background into the marriage life?

So yeah, the struggles continuous

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2019, 04:38:48 PM »
Keep writing cuz you write well with them deep and meaningful thoughts.  You do it so I can disagree with you and through debates, one can find some knowledge. 

I find it interesting that a master is also a failure to his own demise.  Like that famous dear Abby lady or perhaps that one other lady but anyways, she gave good advices for years but in her life, she and her husband is a failure. 

Like a priest not pastor cuz those guys are able to get marry but a priest is also a marriage counselor but how can he preach what he's preaching when he has no background into the marriage life?

So yeah, the struggles continuous

Thanks, Duma!  That means a lot to me!

Lol!  You are hilarious!  But yeah, most times it's Do what I say and not what I do.  Hahaha!  But if your wisdom helps others, then it's worth it, even though your own reality is sh*t.    ;D

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2019, 04:46:48 PM »
Thanks, Duma!  That means a lot to me!

Lol!  You are hilarious!  But yeah, most times it's Do what I say and not what I do.  Hahaha!  But if your wisdom helps others, then it's worth it, even though your own reality is sh*t.    ;D

I get bored at WK n will need something to do so post up your thoughts and we can conversate.  Getting tired of the usual dicck measuring bickering by these testosterone guys on pH as of late thus why I declined to participate but with you around, I might still around for the Lilly show.   I'm also transmitting my signals from my Fon so excuse me for any auto correct. 

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2019, 05:23:30 PM »
I get bored at WK n will need something to do so post up your thoughts and we can conversate.  Getting tired of the usual dicck measuring bickering by these testosterone guys on pH as of late thus why I declined to participate but with you around, I might still around for the Lilly show.   I'm also transmitting my signals from my Fon so excuse me for any auto correct.

:2funny:  I also heard from others that lately there's been lots of back and forth of diick measuring and testosterone going on.  What?  Are we a bunch of 5-year-olds?  Trump's ego is enough.  What do you think, btw?  Is impeachment imminent any day now?  Or do you think we'll have another 2-6 years of this sh*the show?  But if love Trump, oops, my bad. 

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2019, 05:43:12 PM »
:2funny:  I also heard from others that lately there's been lots of back and forth of diick measuring and testosterone going on.  What?  Are we a bunch of 5-year-olds?  Trump's ego is enough.  What do you think, btw?  Is impeachment imminent any day now?  Or do you think we'll have another 2-6 years of this sh*the show?  But if love Trump, oops, my bad.

Rule #1, don't talk to me about politics cuz it hurts my head just trying to think of a way to say things without offending the opposition. 

With that in mind, doesn't matter who presidency it will be.  I will wake up tomorrow and I will still continue to do my things like I have already done them with the previous president.

Unless your job is sitting upon a governmental Grant and it based upon who presidency it is and with that, I say you in the wrong industry.

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2019, 05:49:50 PM »
Rule #1, don't talk to me about politics cuz it hurts my head just trying to think of a way to say things without offending the opposition. 

With that in mind, doesn't matter who presidency it will be.  I will wake up tomorrow and I will still continue to do my things like I have already done them with the previous president.

Unless your job is sitting upon a governmental Grant and it based upon who presidency it is and with that, I say you in the wrong industry.

Lmao!  I love it!   :2funny:  Yeah, politics hurt my head too.  At the end of the day, it's all bs anyway.  People will do what they do.  We just hope the world doesn't get blown up while we're sleeping.

Advertisements