Advertisement

Author Topic: letitbenonmundane  (Read 67669 times)

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
  • Respect: +524
    • View Profile
Re: letitbenonmundane
« Reply #240 on: May 12, 2022, 09:53:33 PM »
Like this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sGadrkS2PM&ab_channel=TheCottageFairy

I'm too chicken.  At night, my mind would wonder too much.  BUTTTTT if I have a warm body next to me, yes, it'll be heaven.

Dok_Champa, thanks for sharing.  That is a soothing video.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 06, 2023, 11:52:39 PM »
It sure has been a minute.  :D

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 06, 2023, 11:53:52 PM »
I'm glad this place is still alive.  Was honestly surprised.  Lol

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 06, 2023, 11:59:17 PM »
 I'm going to explain how the last 2 years have been like for me:
 :-* :P :o :( O0 :-* :-\ :-[ :o O0 :) :) :( :'( :-\  :-* >:D :police: :police: :-[ :-\ :) ??? :-\ O0 :)

« Last Edit: April 18, 2023, 11:31:56 AM by lilly »

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
  • Respect: +1038
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 07, 2023, 10:44:46 PM »
I heard you’re looking for a handyman? ^-^ I’ll keep an eye out for you.  ;D

Like this post: +1
Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 08, 2023, 04:24:44 PM »
Thanks!  Every lady with a house needs a good handyman.

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 12, 2023, 11:27:27 AM »
Lub sijhawm tig tsis tau rov qab lawm os.   Tu siab tshaj.  Yog kuv tig tau sijhawm, kuv yuav tig sijhawm kom koj tseem me me, kuv yuav muab koj puag txhua lub sijhawm, nwj koj lub plhw tsis pub koj plam ntawm kuv ib pliag.  Ua li cas ib pliag xwb koj twb yuav muaj kaum xya xyoo.  Koj pauv mus ua ib tug menyuam hluas nkauj, uas koj muaj koj txojkev xav.  Zoo li koj tsis need kuv lawm.  Xyov puas yuav muaj ib hnub twg uas koj yuav tig los xav tias kuv hlub koj tshaj txhua tsav yam.  Kuv cem koj los yog vim kuv hlub koj.

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 31, 2023, 09:11:09 PM »
I'd like to thank PH for continuing to be a platform for PH OG's like me.  Thank you, PH Admins, too, for continuing to monitor this platform and ensuring it remains a safe and respectful environment. I know traffic isn't what it used to be, but it is still a wonderful place to come back to to reminisce.  It's still an effective mental health outlet for many of us.  So, thank you very much!!!

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 31, 2023, 10:28:30 PM »
Anyway, gosh... Where do I start?  I have so much to say but lately I feel like I am unable to speak the words.  The words remain trapped inside my mouth and they, they just don't come out.

I have gone through so much these last couple of years but I feel like this year in particular, everything and my whole world drastically spiraled out of control.  It started out as a little snowball the size of a ping pong ball, but with each passing month, that snowball got bigger and bigger until a full-fledged snowman was formed, with eyes, nose, mouth, arms, hands, buttons, hat, and scarf dressed on too, to boot!  Talk about cherry on top!  Except, instead of a sweet succulent treat like an ice cream sundae, it seems the last 9 months have been one huge, no end in sight, disaster.  It finally culminated into a whole mental health breakdown.  I have never experienced anxiety like what I've gone through.

Thankfully, I am at the tail end of this dark passage in my life.  I feel that I am exiting this long and dark tunnel finally.  I can breathe a sigh of relief!  I see the sun!

I don't think people truly understand how scary anxiety and depression are.   Or, how important it is to take care of your mental health.  It is so important!

For people that don't know about what causes anxiety and depression, one of the things that causes anxiety and depression is your THOUGHTS.  Please know that it is not good at all to sit with your thoughts for too long.  When you are at a crossroads, it is important to just make a decision and stick with it. The back and forth battles that go on in your mind are not good for you.  The feelings of hopelessness, of thinking that you are so alone in the world, thinking that you are so unloved... are poisons that will eventually take shape in the form of crippling anxiety, restlessness, and eventually turn into sleeplessness, to the point of not being able to sleep for weeks.  Please don't ever let it get that far.

If I could tell anyone with anxiety, I would tell them to BREATHE.  To LET IT GO. 
- Let go of worries, of dark feelings, and focus only on the positives.  Life has never been easy for you?  Don't dwell on things that you have no control over.
- Maybe a romantic relationship isn't going the way you want and it is no longer serving you and it's no longer good for your mental health?  Let it go.  You need to let it go, so that something even better can come into your life. 
- Your child disappoints you?  Let it go. Let them live their life.  Pray for them, always let them know that you love them, that you are there for them.  Trust that life experiences will teach them right from wrong.  As long as you know you have done all that you could for your child, that is all that you can do, so, let it go, breathe.
- If a job causes you anxiety and stress, let it go.  Breathe.  Take it one day at a time.
- Have faith and NEVER LOSE HOPE--believe that good things are on their way to you.  Again, focus only on the positives!

When you start to feel anxious, remember to come down from your mind and all your thoughts... into your body. Focus on your body and on your breathing.  Be in the present moment with your body and your breath.

In conclusion, the last 9 months have been true hell.  But after I came out on the other side of my crippling anxieties and severe depression, I gained this deep appreciation for life.  I am just so grateful for my life.  I understand now that I am so blessed beyond measure.

I am also now, more than ever, so acutely aware of how short and how extremely precious life is. We are but a mere breath in the wind.  And so many times, in my life, god has saved me. There is a reason for the breaths that I breathed and continue to breathe.

I may not always understand why my life has been so hard, so sad... but I trust that a good, amazing life is yet to unfold for me.  God has something great in store for me.  I know it!  I feel it!

« Last Edit: August 01, 2023, 01:35:52 PM by lilly »

Advertisements