Advertisement

Author Topic: EVO on ESPN  (Read 2110 times)

bulbasaur

EVO on ESPN
« on: July 14, 2016, 07:19:41 PM »
At least Street Fighter 5.  Interesting. 

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Sifu

Re: EVO on ESPN
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2016, 10:16:08 AM »
ESPN, yahoo, etc cannot deny that the market is a money maker.  ESPN viewers were pissed when they would have gaming segments and yet they would be in the dark if they didn't.

bulbasaur

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 07:15:58 PM »
Capcom Cup might be the better tournament this year for SF5. 

I am just not too hyped on SF5.  I don't play it, either.  Maybe it would be more interesting if I played it. 

Sifu

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 07:28:53 PM »
It's more interesting if you play the games but presentation is a big deal.  I can't stand some of the EVO 'bro speakers,' it's just too much for me.  I do like how LoL is presented.  Pretty slick and the announcers are the best I've ever seen or heard.  They actually give good points, hints, tips and instant replay.  Plus the entire tournament is presented on a really, really professional level. 

bulbasaur

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2016, 08:01:54 PM »
I just don't feel motivated to even buy SF5.  I haven't even loaded Ultra SF4.  Maybe I will wait until the last version of SF5, Super Ultra Champion SF5 Turbo Arcade Tournament Edition...HYPE R!  It won't be as popular then, but oh well. 

I hate crazy announcers.  OMG! OMG!  THAT'S GOD-LIKE!  AHH!  At least get some informed guys who know the game and the players.  Talk about players...Daig o didn't do too hot.  Did he even hit top 32?  I guess that is what happens when you got a target on your back.

Sifu

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2016, 08:31:38 PM »
Announcers are what makes it. 
EVO, SF, DOTA2/Blizzard (Starcraft the exception), CS/COD/BF are just terrible in announcers.  "Oh with the jab, ZOMG PROTON CANNON ZORG!" or the FPS "Oh he got shot in the head."  But really, LoL has some really good announcers and it doesn't look like you're at the comic shop's basement with that nerd dude.  You really appreciate games when the announcers get into it but can actually call a good play by play with huge analysis.  Like a good sports game. 

Dudes can always be like 'that's not a real sport' and yeah I agree to a point.  But if you play games up to the hardcore/competitive level you really appreciate the skills involved in making that clutch skill/head/supercombobrrrrrrrrrreaker.  I like how the game flows faster than a TIMEOUT or instant replay every damned down.  Tides can turn in seconds.

Advertisements