Advertisement

Author Topic: Stupid Interns  (Read 13163 times)

bulbasaur

Re: Stupid Interns
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2016, 08:37:50 PM »
Even companies like Google, Facebook, Twitter, etc have their own guidelines.  It may not be shoes, but it is something else.  Interns are let go from those companies as well.  Most of the time, they are let go because they are a headache.  The only time when an employer would put up with a person who is a headache is if that person has skills, connections, etc.  The person has to have a specialty.   

The interns in the story were probably just "okay," but now they were a headache.  It's not just "petty."  The writer of the story is so clueless that he/she may not even realize that the "shoe issue" is just the last straw.  From her own story, it seems like there have been lots of other "straws."

The interns were just a bit ahead of themselves.  They should have realize the type of company they worked in and the strictness that is enforced there.

That said, I wouldn't have fired the interns.  Money and time is spend in hiring and training them, and I would simply thank them for their efforts but policies were put in place for a reason.

I wouldn't want to work for a company as petty as the one that fired them.  I use to work at one like that and I'm glad I'm not there anymore.  I can see why the up and coming talent are heading towards companies like Google, Facebook, Twitter, etc and the oldies are fading away.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 08:41:33 PM by bulbasaur »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

bulbasaur

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2016, 08:39:49 PM »
And this is why you would have failed if you were in the same situation.  I'd explain, but like these interns, you aren't willing to learn in the first place. 

It's clear that some of you (boys and girls) are okay with wearing tight mini skirts and high heel shoes as an intern.

their proposal was for a laxed dress code (shoes - being that they don't have to deal with clients/customers).  It isn't about dictating how the organization should operate their business.  an employer who isn't fair to all isn't worth working for.  would it be fair if they only hire interns who are hot looking...sorr y some of you boys will have to be fired, so what if you graduated on top of your class...you don't look good in skirts and high heels.

bulbasaur

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2016, 08:31:08 AM »
Who are you trying to convince?  Us?  Or yourself? 

failure is the employer/organization who's quick to terminate bright, highly motivated individuals that are working for FREE.

bulbasaur

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2016, 08:39:24 AM »
Popularity doesn't equate to correctness, but even if it did, it doesn't help you here.  People in this thread are trying to inform you.  You are too stubborn to listen and learn.  Do you want to learn why the interns were wrong?  Do you want to know why your logic for supporting the interns is flawed?  Or do you prefer to talk about me?  Insulting me doesn't make your logic more or less sound. 

:D ;D  did you have a bad taste in your mouth or does everyone have to agree with you about being bitter?

bulbasaur

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2016, 09:18:10 AM »
Let's be nice and educate those less experienced...

1.  "what was presented was the best of intentions and benefits of the majority."  Actually, no.  The interns do not represent the majority at the company. 

2.  "the dress code and environment are not uniformed (where everyone have to dress the same).  they presented a petition with a majority support, the very least the employer could have done was take it into consideration, being that they don't provide the shoes or clothes the interns wear."   Actually, no.  Just because there is no uniform, that does not mean the dress code doesn't need to be followed. 

3. "they presented a petition with a majority support, the very least the employer could have done was take it into consideration"  Reading comprehension is important.  The managers have been approached with the issue.  They have considered the issue.  The answer was no.  These interns continued to create headaches over this minor issue. 

4,  "secondly, the proposal would have promoted comfort and higher production."  Do you know what happens when you assume?.....

5.  "Letting the interns go was poor judgement on the employer as good ideas often comes from those who think outside of the box..."  In what ways?  At no point in the person's letter did he/she even state their contribution to the company.  Ultimately, this is the person's problem; the person is more concerned about those damn shoes than his/her contribution to the company. 

6.  "an employer who does not accept change is like a stepping stone (literally)...it doesn't grow and those that steps on them, continues to step higher not wanting to come back."  Change for the sake of change is moot.  In this case, dress shoes for sneakers?  Is that really what the company should be concerned about?  Is that really what these interns think is going to make the company great?  They deserve to be let go if this is all they can come up with.

The biggest problem with all of this is that the person still wants the job after causing all this drama, and he/she felt that they did nothing wrong.  Now, the person wants advice on how to get the job back.  WTF?  The person is too stupid to even know that the first step is to apologize.  And here are some PHers supporting this stupid intern. 

bulbasaur

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2016, 09:21:05 AM »
You're wrong, and I just did a rebuttal. 

;D  sorry if you're offended,  didn't know that having a mind of my own would cause harm to people's egos.

no one has offered a rebuttal as to why the interns were "stupid".  if we're in such an agreement state, why even bring up the topic? 
Oh wait,  I'm suppose to laugh at those stupid interns, like everyone else, I get it now!

just tell me I'm wrong and I'll concede...we can drop the subject, I'll await your next topic.

bulbasaur

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2016, 09:32:40 AM »
Insulting me doesn't make you right.  You wanted rebuttals, and you got it.  Insulting is apparently the best your logic can do.  It explains why you support these interns. 

Also, reading comprehension is important. 

no worries, I'm with the program, I'm laughing with at you now.   O0 :2funny: :2funny:

bulbasaur

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2016, 10:10:44 AM »
*yawns*  You think it is just me, but you fail to see all these other people who tried to educate you.  You should respond to them. 

Also, the only person misunderstandi ng anything is you.  Reading comprehension is important.  I'd explain, but we both know you wouldn't get it. 

I would offer a reply to your rebuttal but since I've already conceded, let's just drop it...I'd hate to have you misunderstand my words to be insulting.

bulbasaur

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2016, 10:13:39 AM »

bulbasaur

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2016, 11:09:02 AM »
*yawns*  How many times do you need to be proven wrong? 

1.  Go back and read what everyone is writing.  They stated reason after reason of what the interns did wrong. 

2.  The discussion is not over.  Your logic on the discussion is over.  That is why you resort to bashing me.  Notice that you don't even bother to address the other people who brought up issues with you. 

3.  And here comes the point where I said reading comprehension is important.  You keep whining that we are laughing at these interns.  Other than theposter who called it hilarious, no one is laughing at them.  In fact, in my second post, I said I felt sad for them. 

4.  You further whined that no one offered how to get the position back.  Actually, I did.  I recommended that the person first apologize. 

You are just wrong on so many levels because you misread everything. 

no one really offered an argument to support why the interns were wrong nor did they address the main issue of how to obtain her positions back...instead mocked them/her. 

Your rebuttal came late after the discussion was already over.

and maybe you're right...i should have just laughed and mocked the interns, like the rest of you.  like that's entertaining?!?!

Dwyane Wade is like the rest of you...you're just a puppet, following guide lines, you got a championship ring because Lebron, the likes of me, help you get it!   ;)

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2016, 06:14:17 PM »
HEy now, I'm probably the most logical person in here.

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

bulbasaur

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2016, 06:34:11 PM »
How many times do you have to be wrong?  You are even wrong on what happened in this thread.  WTF?  People can just go back and read and see that your account of events is wrong. 

1.  "just because I didn't cc their comment didn't mean I didn't respond."  Where is the response to nou?  wanderlust called you out directly.  Where is the response?  You addressed ZERO of their points. 

2.  "I've concede upon you telling me I was wrong and your rebuttal came afterward"  My rebuttal post came BEFORE, not after.  WTF?  You think people can't just scroll back and look? 

3.  "for the record, i haven't bashed on you"  WTF?  Do you think people can't just scroll back and look?

4.  "I was only kidding about you wearing skirt and high heels!"  No, you weren't kidding.  You are only saying that now because you realized how absurd that argument is. 

So with all the issues brought to you by everyone, how many did you address?  ZERO!  Of all the questions asked to you, how many did you answer?  ZERO!  How many times did you defend your original claims?  ZERO!  All you are doing is grasping at straws and hoping insults will somehow save your argument. 

I'll give you one last out.  You claimed that everyone was laughing at these interns.  Name all the users in this thread that laughed at these interns?  Let's hear it.  Let's see how accurate you are. 

logic with theposter?!... :idiot2: :2funny: :2funny:

just because I didn't cc their comment didn't mean I didn't respond.

our discussion is over...I've concede upon you telling me I was wrong and your rebuttal came afterward...it's pointless to discuss.

for the record, i haven't bashed on you, I was only kidding about you wearing skirt and high heels!   you're more than welcome to get a petition signed so we can have a change of policy with regards to wardrobe!   ;D ;D

Advertisements