Advertisement

Author Topic: Victim of brutal beating in Fern Rock speaks out  (Read 7948 times)

fOrEvEr_sUn_76

Victim of brutal beating in Fern Rock speaks out
« on: July 22, 2016, 06:00:16 AM »
A battered and bruised Shongchai Hang fights back tears, as he describes being brutally beaten by two young men in the Fern Rock section of Philadelphia last week. The horrific attack caught on camera, as the 69-year old was walking down Hutchinson Street a little before noon.

"He hit me very hard. I fell on the ground. He still come and punch me and kick me until I was unconscious." The Lutheran minister says one of the men robbed him, sprayed mace in his face, and then hit him in the forehead with the empty can. "I hand him the cell phone, also wallet, also there's not more, but maybe not enough, they want to take my life." The victim says he felt helpless. "Another man came over. He kicked me, he tried to kill me, you see the shoe print on my chest."

Shongchai Hang says another man actually witnessed the horrifying violence against him. He begged for help, but says the man did nothing. Hang is now pleading for that witness to please come forward. "He was there, he saw everything. He must recognize the young men." Hang is still in a lot of pain, but he wanted to tell his story so no one else has to endure what he did as he walked to his car in the middle of a summer afternoon. "I want him caught because I don't want him to do that to another person."

Hang says the hurt from this despicable attack goes far deeper than the bumps and bruises on his body. "The pain that I show this kind of mark, it will go away, but the drama will stay with me forever." His message to the young men who did this to him... "I would say to them. I forgive you and please do the right thing. Return yourself to police."

To see the full article or watch the news clip for this story, go here:

http://www.fox29.com/news/local-news/178195890-story
http://shrdo.com/index.php/suabhmong-news/3147-victim-of-brutal-beating-in-fern-rock-speaks-out

(Shongchai Hang, 69, speaks about the day he was attack by two young men in the Fern Rock section of Philadelphia, PA)

« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 02:54:24 PM by fOrEvEr_sUn_76 »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
Re: Victim of brutal beating in Fern Rock speaks out
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 06:15:15 AM »
That's horrible. Our elders should not be treated this way. We already have so many living in fear each day. What is wrong with this world.

I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 10:38:11 AM »
Which is why I say if we punished the criminals like or similar to what they did to their victims especially violent criminals, I bet the crime rate would go down...

Here's another elderly attack just for fun and game:

Fair punishment for that is to blindfold the shitbag and allow a machine to pop him in the face with a bat when he least expect it...IMO. :knuppel2:

Offline YeejKoob13

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 02:37:14 PM »
Thank the Lord Jesus for saving the reverend. That one onlooker stood by and did nothing for the reverend while Jesus took action and shoo'd off the perpetrators.

HUNG TU LO

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2016, 11:15:16 AM »
Thank the Lord Jesus for saving the reverend. That one onlooker stood by and did nothing for the reverend while Jesus took action and shoo'd off the perpetrators.

Jesus and God wouldn't have allowed this to happen in the first place. And the perpetrators weren't shoo'd off by some supernatural force. They weren't there to kill or maim. They saw a defenseless elder man and went for his wallet and other valuables on him and they popped in a few punches and kicks. If they really wanted to kill or maim, those young guys could've easily done it, especially after being sprayed with mace.

Offline starchaser1989

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +60
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2016, 11:54:33 AM »
Don't know why you all are so surprised.  Animals will act and be like animals.  You get chase by some dogs and one dog walking by and you expect that dog to help you out....WAKE UP.  I live with Black people before and most of them are like Animals "Tsiaj".  Talking to them is like talking to an animal.  Nothing new here if you know blacks like I do this is normal activities lol. 

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2016, 04:41:56 PM »
What's wrong with today's youth.

I blame society... the way it's gotten...

As well as media and media outlet afforded to those perpetrator's.

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

SumTingWong

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2016, 05:06:01 PM »
Black Lives Matters?

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2016, 10:54:24 PM »
Black Lives Matter should be rebuked by all.

Offline nightrider

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +48
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2016, 06:41:58 PM »
Nothing new. These things happen all the time especially in the ghettos but one thing for sure, you can't expect these type of things to happen in broad daylight. The problem is with the criminal justice system in this country. Juveniles knew any crimes they commit will just be a slap on the wrist and no big deal so they're emboldened to do harm to others. Because this is fuk up society where a man/woman can't stand up to his/her attackers just because his/her age being an adult. It's a crime for an adult to retaliate... Cause you're supposed to know better. fuk up! :P

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2016, 06:23:24 PM »
Jesus and God wouldn't have allowed this to happen in the first place. And the perpetrators weren't shoo'd off by some supernatural force. They weren't there to kill or maim. They saw a defenseless elder man and went for his wallet and other valuables on him and they popped in a few punches and kicks. If they really wanted to kill or maim, those young guys could've easily done it, especially after being sprayed with mace.

The perps sprayed this Hmong man with mace, it's not the other way around.
Beside... God has nothing to do with this. Just because he's a minister does not keep him from harm. Evil will exist and when the time comes God will judge.

Nothing new. These things happen all the time especially in the ghettos but one thing for sure, you can't expect these type of things to happen in broad daylight. The problem is with the criminal justice system in this country. Juveniles knew any crimes they commit will just be a slap on the wrist and no big deal so they're emboldened to do harm to others. Because this is fuk up society where a man/woman can't stand up to his/her attackers just because his/her age being an adult. It's a crime for an adult to retaliate... Cause you're supposed to know better. fuk up! :P

I totally agree... These minor rules must be abolished and treat them all like adult for their criminal act. And make prison a h3ll hole.

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Advertisements