Advertisement

Author Topic: Japanese, Korean, Chinese, and Hmong  (Read 13096 times)

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
Re: Japanese, Korean, Chinese, and Hmong
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2017, 02:55:00 AM »
It appears that ethnic groups who don't know their own history tend to drum up the most ridiculous claims to build their self-esteem.

This is like Black-Americans claiming they are the lost Israel tribe or that they are descendants of Shem and not Ham, or that they were those innovative Moors or part of Pharaoh's Egypt.

Um, no, idiots. Most slaves were from the Congo and Angola.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

atthetop

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2017, 02:42:55 AM »
It appears that ethnic groups who don't know their own history tend to drum up the most ridiculous claims to build their self-esteem.

This is like Black-Americans claiming they are the lost Israel tribe or that they are descendants of Shem and not Ham, or that they were those innovative Moors or part of Pharaoh's Egypt.

Um, no, idiots. Most slaves were from the Congo and Angola.

Pretty much and it's scary that a lot of Hmong think this way. When I went to the We Are Hmong Minnesota Exhibit and saw 'Hmong are accredited for being the first to plant rice', I wanted to face-palm/hide my face and run out. And then I heard that the same person who curated the exhibit wanted to build a Chi You statue in Minnesota  :'(

Offline dlabtsi_os

• Jr. Poster
  • AMAZZZZZZON!
  • Respect: +42
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2017, 04:17:28 PM »
Pretty much and it's scary that a lot of Hmong think this way. When I went to the We Are Hmong Minnesota Exhibit and saw 'Hmong are accredited for being the first to plant rice', I wanted to face-palm/hide my face and run out. And then I heard that the same person who curated the exhibit wanted to build a Chi You statue in Minnesota  :'(

This is what happened when your group of people chose not to create a writing language. Let's start with the basic.

1. We know for sure majority of Hmong American came from SEA.
2. Hmong came to SEA as early as 1850s.
3. Hmong most likely partake in the the 3 Miao Rebellion. According to folklore Hmong/Miao will riot 30 years and revolt every 60 years. The three Miao rebellion times were 1735-1736. 1795-1806. 1854-73. And then later 1918-1921 with Paj Cai Vwj. The last one maybe coincidental or part of a political propaganda to rebel the imperialist. In any case we can be sure we were recorded there.

From there on it gets tricky. There isn't much record about us beyond the Ming Dynasty. Other than the Miao rebellion and the Southern Great Wall incident. It can be infer that most of us Hmong are basically fracture multi-ethnic neolithic east Asian that adopted the culture that eventually becomes what we know is Hmong to day.

The only similarity we can draw from gaps of ancient China today Hmong is our custom. Based on tradition and practice we can argue our belief derives from the Shang and Zhou Dynasty practices. And if you truly believe that you are ancestor came from Siberia. lol Which I still laugh at some Hmong people really believing that. Look up at Francouis Savina. The scariest thing is Xanadu or Dadu is very similar to the myth that we came from Sauv Ntuj and the phrase "rov taw/tuam ntai ntuj." Even ceeb tsheej is JinCheng refer to the inner city wall.

Although it's very weak evidence but yeah if you check wiki and mess around with Hmong and Mandarin its very scary.

An example of messing with google translate is that 回答 = Hu Teb = To answer.

At best I'd say we might coalition with the Mongols, Jurchen at one point.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shangdu

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khanbaliq

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beijing_city_fortifications#Inner_city

That is about all folks. Peace out.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 11:59:05 PM by dlabtsi_os »

Test your might!

Offline dogmai

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +87
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2017, 08:50:56 AM »
First off...yalls citing wikipedia...

I cant believe filks still cite wikipedia!!!  Yes it has alot of useful and correct information but if you want to be take seriously you must not say "wikipedia said...."

And also, you guys mean to tell me chinese, japanese, koreans, hmongs, came from 4 people...  man!  Those guys did alot of banging!!! Do you know how long it would actually take to bang out out 1 billion chinese folks starting from that time frame with just 4 guys?!?  Man!!

Oh wells!!

I would rather much stick to my folk lores..

Like the stories of how we got our last names..i cant remember exactly how it goes..somethin g like we are named after plants or something...

There are truth to our lores in my opinion....the y just didnt make them out from nothing.

I can't believe you are sticking to your folklore as truth but you don't even know how it goes.

Advertisements